What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 WY C Lawson Lovering (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Umm, wow. Tad's gonna have to fight to keep him.

Really like the shooting stroke for a big man. That is something that the lower level of competition doesn't effect too much.

I LOVE the controlled shot blocking, every shot block in that video leads to possession for his team. With the caveat that the level of competition is not high.

Really like the shooting stroke for a big man. That is something that the lower level of competition doesn't effect too much.

I LOVE the controlled shot blocking, every shot block in that video leads to possession for his team. With the caveat that the level of competition is not high.
He passes the ball pretty well too. Nice to see him include that in his highlights.

Good to hear he's gained some weight.
Not to be all negative Nancy, but he is up to 7'1" now, so gaining 15 lbs doesn't really mean he filled out in any meaningful way. This kid looks fantastic, I just hope he can fill out a bit. Still young and probably won't for a few years anyway.

Umm, wow. Tad's gonna have to fight to keep him.

Holy ****! I usually don't comment on basketball highlight films as it is hard to project for me. However, that is one of the most impressive 7footer films I've seen.

He has really good athleticism at that size and passes like Jokic. One thing I really like is he does a great job utilizing his height and absorbing contact, going vertical, and blocking the shot. Kids who are just bigger than everyone have a tendency to swat at shots and that gets them in massive trouble at the next level as everyone is their size.

He has a funky hook shot, but nothing to be worried about. Obviously the two issues are his strength and level of play. If he can put those two together that dude is an all conference player. I am not sure I have been more impressed with a Tad commit than this one. He is the real deal if he can put it together

The athleticism and attitude are really fun to watch in a guy that big.
I agree. And Baye Fall seems to be in the same category. It will be interesting to see how tall they are and ow much they fill out by the time they are sophomores ini college.

I usually don't comment on basketball highlight films as it is hard to project for me.
It's really hard to evaluate HS film when there isn't really any competition. It would be nice to see film from his club team when the competition is much better than anyting in Wyoming or western Nebraska.

For measure I just watched some of the highlights on the #1 ranked center and #4 overall on Rivals. A 7 footer from MN... kid is skinnier than Lawson, and maybe a bit better of a ball handler, but I see no difference in passing or outside shooting, and he looked less athletic than Lawson. I assume he plays far better competition and that's why he's ranked so high, but comparatively, the tapes match-up very well. For Lawson's sake, it's a bummer he can't get out on the AAU circuit right now to get that experience against better comp. Although, selfishly, maybe that helps ensure he doesn't get wooed by any power brokers...

For measure I just watched some of the highlights on the #1 ranked center and #4 overall on Rivals. A 7 footer from MN... kid is skinnier than Lawson, and maybe a bit better of a ball handler, but I see no difference in passing or outside shooting, and he looked less athletic than Lawson. I assume he plays far better competition and that's why he's ranked so high, but comparatively, the tapes match-up very well. For Lawson's sake, it's a bummer he can't get out on the AAU circuit right now to get that experience against better comp. Although, selfishly, maybe that helps ensure he doesn't get wooed by any power brokers...
A bit better? I suggest you find more tape on Chet Holmgren if you think he and Lovering are comparable.

Yeah, I think Chet Holmgren is a more dynamic athlete compared to Lovering, and he has better ball handling skills. However, I don't think Chet Holmgren is a top 5 prospect, but he is still very good.

With all that said, I like Lovering a lot and think he can really make an impact during his time at CU. Get some meat on him and continue developing his skills, and he can really be special as an upperclassman.

Watching his clips, he can shoot a bit, finish at the rim, board, and play some D. Good to have him, he isn't a stiff.

Lawson + Danny Manning = $$$ for the kid. That would be a great hire to secure what already appears to be a firm commitment from Lovering.

Back