What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Best commitment announcement I've seen.

Perfect example of what the Prime Buffaloes are about.

Everything done to a higher standard. Everything done with an eye towards detail, everything done not to be as good as somebody else but to be better than everybody else.

We are going to have a lot of kids in the next few years who end up in the NFL.

A lot more won't but if they can learn to do things the way that Prime wants them done they will be well served in their careers no matter what they do.

The players love the all white unis. Hope they get behind the B&G though. So much better.
I’m just interested to see what Slash was going nuts for as far as the new uniforms. I know a W/W/W combo is in there, but he Slash made it seem like this is bigger than anything CU has done.

The G/B/G is CU though, same with G/W/B. G/B/B should be a standard for any Nub game at Folsom. Let those nubsuckers know that this is the place of 62-36 and salty nub tears…

Lots of great behind the scenes content lately on the youtube channels for Well Off Media (Deion Jr.), Reach the People Media (Darius Sanders, no family relation but an insider) , and Thee Pregame Show (Uncle Neely).

An interesting 1/2 hour of Joel Klatt on CP, transfers, NIL. I like the host's suggestion of the NFL/NBA somehow "sponsoring' players, while they remain in college.

An interesting 1/2 hour of Joel Klatt on CP, transfers, NIL. I like the host's suggestion of the NFL/NBA somehow "sponsoring' players, while they remain in college.

I thought Klatt made some good points, but I found Whitlock to be really annoying (even just in his slow, plodding delivery). I'm not sure if he's just trying to play devil's advocate (poorly) or what, but what "he wants" in regard to the the NIL borders on moronic: the top 300 players or so (who really make a difference) should get NIL rights but the rest should be happy with just getting a scholarship, because getting a scholarship changed his life? Whaaaaa?

So... who decides who has NIL rights and who just gets a scholarship? You want to talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen! What about a player like Tommy Brown last year: he was not a top 300 player by any stretch, but he found a great little niche (and some money) with his funny underwear ads. In Whitlock's idiot world, what basis is there for him not being able to seek out that sort of "deal"? Why wouldn't he have NIL rights?

Arg.

Last edited:
I thought Klatt made some good points, but I found Whitlock to be really annoying (even just in his slow, plodding delivery). I'm not sure if he's just trying to play devil's advocate (poorly) or what, but what "he wants" in regard to the the NIL borders on moronic: the top 300 players or so (who really make a difference) should get NIL rights but the rest should be happy with just getting a scholarship, because getting a scholarship changed his life? Whaaaaa?

So... who decides who has NIL rights and who just gets a scholarship? You want to talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen! What about a player like Tommy Brown last year: he was not a top 300 player by any stretch, but he found a great little niche (and some money) with his funny underwear ads. In Whitlock's idiot world, what basis is there for him not being able to seek out that sort of "deal"? Why wouldn't he have NIL rights?

Arg.
I kept waiting for him to say something about bootstraps.

NIL is a wild experiment right now, I don't think we're near the final form at all. It will be interesting to see if it naturally settles to something that is reasonable and not a distraction, or if they step in with rules/regulations to force it into a mold that tries to achieve that.

Back