What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 TX QB Owen McCown (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Bump

Talked to a Dad who was at scrimmage (and lots of practices). McCown will RS but is the QB of the future here.
(Crossing fingers.) The timing of our QB room may finally work out. The one-year with JT is perfect, as McCown needs at least a year to build up physically. Which is a great situation for him to stay here knowing he has a four year starting run—possibility—in front of him.

If B’Lew doesn’t start the first game, he likely won’t start here at all, as I see it. I’m hoping JT is the quality bridge that gets us to McCown.

(Crossing fingers.) The timing of our QB room may finally work out. The one-year with JT is perfect, as McCown needs at least a year to build up physically. Which is a great situation for him to stay here knowing he has a four year starting run—possibility—in front of him.

If B’Lew doesn’t start the first game, he likely won’t start here at all, as I see it. I’m hoping JT is the quality bridge that gets us to McCown.
Shroud has another season

If he can't already beat out the other QBs on the roster then he's not very good. Our QB room is pathetic.
Your take is hardly worth a reply, but I will take the bait.

Kopp is in year 2 of CFB and was here for the full spring. He's clearly been passed by a true freshman who arrived just weeks ago.
Carter may have been passed and he's entering year 3.

You can't expect a true frosh to come into summer and take over the starting job, no matter how bad the room is. Not QB.

Your take is hardly worth a reply, but I will take the bait.

Kopp is in year 2 of CFB and was here for the full spring. He's clearly been passed by a true freshman who arrived just weeks ago.
Carter may have been passed and he's entering year 3.

You can't expect a true frosh to come into summer and take over the starting job, no matter how bad the room is. Not QB.
No reason a true frosh wouldn't win the job if he's got an NFL skill set and the maturity to handle the job.

In this case, I think it's just a matter of not being physically able to hold up with our OL questions. I suspect Owen would be a lot more in the mix if we had one of the top OLs in the conference.

No reason a true frosh wouldn't win the job if he's got an NFL skill set and the maturity to handle the job.

In this case, I think it's just a matter of not being physically able to hold up with our OL questions. I suspect Owen would be a lot more in the mix if we had one of the top OLs in the conference.
Guys who are ready to start at the P5 level are going to other schools than CU.

I know we all want this guy to be the guy but give him some time.

Guys who are ready to start at the P5 level are going to other schools than CU.

I know we all want this guy to be the guy but give him some time.
It's all relative. A freshman is just as likely to be better than an upperclassman and win the starting job at CU as at Alabama.

I'd take bets on whether McCown sees the field this year. If things go south early, I'd say it's a definite possibility.
That's a big consideration. You only burn that redshirt if it's for a long-term situation. If it's a late season game, you get through with Carter.

That's a big consideration. You only burn that redshirt if it's for a long-term situation. If it's a late season game, you get through with Carter.
Carter won't be here next year. Go south = We lose repeatedly, Shrout gets hurt, Lewis is, well Lewis, and KD can use the excuse "We're so young, but building..."

Back