What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 AZ SF Cody Williams (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Right but seems to have blown up even more recently...originally maybe top 50 then 23 then 14. Looking st some clips he looks like a 6'8" with wing abilities either in college or NBA.
I feel like that is totally underselling Williams. He is long as hell and has great height. He plays lead guard for his high school team, and has really good handles for his size. He also is a natural driver and finishes through contact well. He has all-around athleticism, great size and a solid skillset

6'2" guards with questionable three ball aren't exactly sought after. I'd look at Smith and Ruffin as potential attrition candidates.
Plus we want KJ on the 2023-24 team. Add Williams to that team, and it's looking like a very good team.

I feel like that is totally underselling Williams. He is long as hell and has great height. He plays lead guard for his high school team, and has really good handles for his size. He also is a natural driver and finishes through contact well. He has all-around athleticism, great size and a solid skillset
The only thing he doesn't have is s solid jumper.

That's nuts. Perry is a public high school. Crazy to have two top 25 recruits roll through a public high school.

That's nuts. Perry is a public high school. Crazy to have two top 25 recruits roll through a public high school.
Seems like it’s pretty easy to choice over to a school in AZ. Koa Peats older brother Andrus whose in the NFL played at a different high school. Dylan Anderson whose a frosh at AZ played at Perry last year too. But similar to Denver how the best players can play for Carey at East seems like you can do the same in AZ. Even though AZ is run by preps at the moment Compass Prep, Phoenix Prep, Hillcrest, and Dream City Christian.

Smoke that he’ll announce in the next week or so if I remember correctly. He’s playing this pretty close to the vest though.
The funny part about all this is, for some of these guys, I think a bunch of internet 35 year olds are putting more time thinking about what a 17 year old kid is thinking vs what the 17 year old kid is actually thinking.

No idea about Cody, but I dont remember thinking about my future anywhere nearly as much as is discussed here when I was in high school

The encouraging thing is that this tweet is from the On3 guy. They picked Williams to CU. Now one of their guys is saying that Williams is ready to sign on Day 1.

Feeling good. Checking sources.
Magic 8 Ball GIF by Jim Gaffigan

art lol GIF by leanne rule

Furk. Please, just one time. Let me have this one nice thing, sports gods.

The encouraging thing is that this tweet is from the On3 guy. They picked Williams to CU. Now one of their guys is saying that Williams is ready to sign on Day 1.

Feeling good. Checking sources.
Magic 8 Ball GIF by Jim Gaffigan

art lol GIF by leanne rule

Furk. Please, just one time. Let me have this one nice thing, sports gods.
Right?! Because a signing like this will spark 2-3 more like it in the next 1-3 years.

That's how I feel about it. CU needs that one guy to pop to open up to more 5 star types.
To be frank I view this a lot more like Sam Dekker and Wisconsin a few years back. Wisconsin was recruiting Sam very early (homegrown kid) he was a top 100 kid that blew up the summer before senior year into a 5 star and he committed and they held off the blue bloods. Wisconsin was an established program with an established coach (Bo Ryan) and his commitment turned wisco into the national title game 3 years later with Frank the tank who was another fringe top 100 kid that Bo developed into an NBA player. Long story short yhe stars aligned. Wisconsin has since never gotten a 5 star. Their established coach retired a few years later handed the keys over and they’ve stuck to their standard recruiting profile.

Now a few caveats Cody isn’t a hometown kid but otherwise the stars have aligned a lot on this one. Regional kid (AZ) based whose older brother was a 3 and done lottery pick (family understands the importance of development, system, and doesn’t need money) and Tad is established in development of similar players into NBA players (bari, Bey, Dre). Also don’t think Cody would be in college for 3 years like Sam but don’t think 2 is out of the question.

now here’s to hoping he lifts our ceiling…think it’s more to a S16 potential than Wisco. But also wouldn’t be surprised even if he commits if this doesn’t happen again for years and years. Especially since the state of Colorado isn’t popping out a ton of 5 stars.

Back