What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 DC ATH Nyckoles Harbor (Signed to South Carolina)

Season 2 Shut Up GIF by The Lonely Island

This is great for Harbor and 1b for us. If he ain't coming to Boulder, glad he is not going to Eugene!
Oregon is our RIVAL now

SC Med School...
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF
It’s funny you bring this up. One of my close friends in town, well, his daughter is graduating from South Carolina in May and just got accepted to a top 15 med school. If you do really well at a public flagship university, from Maine to Montana to Arkansas and beyond, you can get into a fine medical school. I honestly never understand this narrative.

It’s funny you bring this up. One of my close friends in town, well, his daughter is graduating from South Carolina in May and just got accepted to a top 15 med school. If you do really well at a public flagship university, from Maine to Montana to Arkansas and beyond, you can get into a fine medical school. I honestly never understand this narrative.
That's what I understand as well (including doing well on the MCAT's and showing significant time shadowing doctors and either volunteering in the medical field or getting your EMT while in undergrad.) If you do those things well, you'll have opportunities in med school.

That's kinda funny, because I was thinking along those same lines when the topic came up about his medical school aspirations.

Anschutz is great and all, but how does having a really nice medical school in BFE Aurora help recruit a kid to CU? Could he still participate as a CU-Boulder athlete when he's going to school in Aurora?

That's kinda funny, because I was thinking along those same lines when the topic came up about his medical school aspirations.

Anschutz is great and all, but how does having a really nice medical school in BFE Aurora help recruit a kid to CU? Could he still participate as a CU-Boulder athlete when he's going to school in Aurora?
It isn’t in BFE Aurora. It is in urban Aurora.

Yes, he can be on the Football team.

The kid wouldn't have been going to Aurora for classes. He would have been taking undergrad courses, with a premed focus, on campus at CU just like everyone else. The med school is after graduation.

The kid wouldn't have been going to Aurora for classes. He would have been taking undergrad courses, with a premed focus, on campus at CU just like everyone else. The med school is after graduation.

No, I get that, but in that case, it really doesn't matter. The only way this med school thing matters at all is he's still eligible after he gets his undergrad. From a football perspective it seems unlikely, but Olympic athletes stay as long as they can, and I don't know what his credits gained in HS situation is. I have a niece and nephew who both started college as sophomores credit wise. If this kid's got his eyes on being a doctor, maybe he's been taking AP classes too.

No, I get that, but in that case, it really doesn't matter. The only way this med school thing matters at all is he's still eligible after he gets his undergrad. From a football perspective it seems unlikely, but Olympic athletes stay as long as they can, and I don't know what his credits gained in HS situation is. I have a niece and nephew who both started college as sophomores credit wise. If this kid's got his eyes on being a doctor, maybe he's been taking AP classes too.
It was the same stupid thing with Justice Finkley last year. Aspirations for medical school shouldn’t really affect undergrad choice.

Back