What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 FL CB Cormani McClain (Signed to COLORADO)

I think that Prime sees him as a future top pick that might actually be more talented than him or Travis, but was not really well coached
I still wonder if he is a gamer, and never had to practice hard, and they are working as hard as they can to get him up to speed, and he has to give more to the process. All I know is that he is going to be a big part of next year, so I am rooting for him!

The angst over Cormani is funny. This is big boy football. Prime told everyone from day 1 that jobs are earned. The walk on WR is starting at TE and scoring the game winning TD while the 5* corner works through the developmental growing pains. This is how it should have been all along. No promises, nothing given, everything earned.

I think that Prime sees him as a future top pick that might actually be more talented than him or Travis, but was not really well coached
I still wonder if he is a gamer, and never had to practice hard, and they are working as hard as they can to get him up to speed, and he has to give more to the process. All I know is that he is going to be a big part of next year, so I am rooting for him!
Agreed. H.S. kids/ Freshman clearly grow up and develop at different times. This kid physically matured but may need a bit more time in other areas: spacial awareness, anticipation, integrating defensive calls into his reaction and techniques, developing the right instincts—when a WR breaks outside, punch from the inside shoulder to stay on balance (and other drills we’ve been watching Coach Prime work on with the CBs).

Not to go bender, but when I was ski racing, I had an off season before I turned 18 where I grew like 6 inches from end of one year to the next. The following season was a complete loss: I had no feel for my body, where my legs were, or how to stay compact and balanced. Not all of that was physical.

Oddly, around age 17, I hit 6’3” 165 lbs, Pretty much the same as Cormani. So, all I’m saying is, don’t go skiing with Cormani for at least another year. 😜

Last edited:
I don't understand why there's hand wringing over this, unless people just ignored every scouting report on him that said his upside is through the roof, but he wouldn't ready to play right away due to being extremely raw.

There is also the element that Corner requires the highest level of self confidence out of any position on the field short of maybe QB. You can ruin a talented kid’s psyche if you’re not sure he can see consistent success with what you’re asking him to do.

There is also the element that Corner requires the highest level of self confidence out of any position on the field short of maybe QB. You can ruin a talented kid’s psyche if you’re not sure he can see consistent success with what you’re asking him to do.
One thing I know for absolutely sure is that I'm not going to question what CP decides when it comes to cornerbacks.

Back