What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 FL CB Cormani McClain (Signed to COLORADO)

I don't see how any power conference coach is giving him an opportunity right now. If I'm him, I'd go to FIU for a year, bust my ass for FHCMM, and then try and get another power conference chance.
Yep. But I don't see the "bust my ass" happening anywhere. If he could do that part of it--at all, he likely would have already.

Yep. But I don't see the "bust my ass" happening anywhere. If he could do that part of it--at all, he likely would have already.
This kid just doesn’t have it and I don’t think he ever will.

Hiding in bathrooms to avoid practices/lift sessions puts lazy on an entirely different level!

Cormani reminds me of all the 8th grade 3rd stringers who never practiced due to “groin strains” at my school.

That **** would infuriate us! We’re all busting our asses trying to get better while they’re picking daisies and killing time pretending like they’re part of the team.

This kid just doesn’t have it and I don’t think he ever will.

Hiding in bathrooms to avoid practices/lift sessions puts lazy on an entirely different level!

Cormani reminds me of all the 8th grade 3rd stringers who never practiced due to “groin strains” at my school.

That **** would infuriate us! We’re all busting our asses trying to get better while they’re picking daisies and killing time pretending like they’re part of the team.
Honestly, this seems kinda personal for you. Do you have a connection?

Feels to me like a situation where someone is spectacular at something based on natural gifts, it allowed him to dominate without having to play by team rules or work extra hard, became entitled, and is now in a situation where he doesn't love all the things which go into being able to compete at this level, and is struggling with not being given a big payday and starting job based on talent alone. I don't know that someone like this all of a sudden has a lightbulb go on that he's got to mature into a dedicated professional or it all goes away.
A big pay day is about the last thing this guy needs right now. I'd think whatever his issue is would get worse.

Feels to me like a situation where someone is spectacular at something based on natural gifts, it allowed him to dominate without having to play by team rules or work extra hard, became entitled, and is now in a situation where he doesn't love all the things which go into being able to compete at this level, and is struggling with not being given a big payday and starting job based on talent alone. I don't know that someone like this all of a sudden has a lightbulb go on that he's got to mature into a dedicated professional or it all goes away.
I've known a few of these types both playing and coaching and yeah, he's done.

It's like he's a subset in the CP hate file. If the media can't find something to hate about CP, they fall back on Cormani.

This is a teenager. With at least 100x more measurable pressure on him, than an average kid. Teen mental health and suicide issues are at an all-time high.
The young man needs support and counseling.

It's like he's a subset in the CP hate file. If the media can't find something to hate about CP, they fall back on Cormani.

This is a teenager. With at least 100x more measurable pressure on him, than an average kid. Teen mental health and suicide issues are at an all-time high.
The young man needs support and counseling.
100x? I am willing to bet there is a higher teen suicide rate for bullying and pressure of grades from parents, than there is for football players that commit suicide who don't make it to the NFL. Not sure how suicide became a post in CM's thread but okay.

Looking back, one of the things that stands out to me is how Cormani said after he left that he wanted to go somewhere that wasn't so focused on building your social media following.

So, he didn't want to put in the work to build his own brand in order to maximize his endorsement value. He just wanted to be paid at a premium.

Just like he didn't want to put in the work or show up on time (or at all) with the strength & conditioning program, or with team meetings, or with film study, or with practice. He just wanted to be the starter at a top level program.

Same stuff on the academic side.

I guess his life experience is that being talented means that you don't have to put in work or fulfill any commitments to have people give you grades, gifts, playing time, celebrity, etc. as long as you make plays. But by going up significant levels of competition, he's finding it extremely difficult to adapt to the fact that just showing up on game day means you'll get cooked even if the coaches give you PT despite everything you're not doing.

Looking back, one of the things that stands out to me is how Cormani said after he left that he wanted to go somewhere that wasn't so focused on building your social media following.

So, he didn't want to put in the work to build his own brand in order to maximize his endorsement value. He just wanted to be paid at a premium.

Just like he didn't want to put in the work or show up on time (or at all) with the strength & conditioning program, or with team meetings, or with film study, or with practice. He just wanted to be the starter at a top level program.

I guess his life experience is that being talented means that you don't have to put in work or fulfill any commitments to have people give you grades, gifts, playing time, celebrity, etc. as long as you make plays. But by going up significant levels of competition, he's finding it extremely difficult to adapt to the fact that just showing up on game day means you'll get cooked even if the coaches give you PT despite everything you're not doing.
This happened to him last year.

Prime ended up having to play him because of injuries to Hunter and a couple of others.

His first playing time he looked good, got burned a couple times like any freshman will but also made some plays and showed flashes of ability.

As soon as opponents had tape on him and he wasn't putting in the effort in film and practice to adjust they started to take him apart and he got burned left and right.

This happened to him last year.

Prime ended up having to play him because of injuries to Hunter and a couple of others.

His first playing time he looked good, got burned a couple times like any freshman will but also made some plays and showed flashes of ability.

As soon as opponents had tape on him and he wasn't putting in the effort in film and practice to adjust they started to take him apart and he got burned left and right.
I can't remember which game it was (USC maybe) where he gave up the cross route over the middle every play. The opposing team kept running the same play and Cormani was not even in the picture on each throw. I think he costs us 3 TD's that game - straight toast. CP finally took him out of the game at some point in the second half and the game got close.

ben affleck love GIF

I can't remember which game it was (USC maybe) where he gave up the cross route over the middle every play. The opposing team kept running the same play and Cormani was not even in the picture on each throw. I think he costs us 3 TD's that game - straight toast. CP finally took him out of the game at some point in the second half and the game got close.
I am so ready to cover a crossing route this year.

There are so many former high school stars that litter the road to success, laying there on the side of the road in the gutter of what might have been.

Back