What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to other '24 CO OG Gage Ginther

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
On3
hudl

11261726.PNG

Fossil Ridge HS (Fort Collins, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gage_ginther
Instagram:

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 275
40: 4.89

247s rating: 3* - 83 grade; #52 IOL
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:
On3 rating: 3* - 85 grade; #57 OT

247s Composite: 3* / 0.8400 / #36 IOL / #632 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, G5 offers

Last edited by a moderator:
Would not surprise me if he's an early commit and serves as an ambassador by being at CU on an unofficial for all the recruiting weekends. He's been up at CU a ton.

That seems surprising for some reason. Maybe because he is from Fort Collins.

Lots of Fossil kids pick CU for college. Collins (my HS) and the others, not so much. Those are heavy CSU schools
Why is that? I'm assuming since it's newer and on the outskirts that it's primarily people new to the area that don't have any ties to CSU?

Why is that? I'm assuming since it's newer and on the outskirts that it's primarily people new to the area that don't have any ties to CSU?
Mostly wealthy families at Fossil (school was built due to some shady ethics to make it that way). Also the south side of town tends to be made up of transplants, many of which are CU grads

Mostly wealthy families at Fossil (school was built due to some shady ethics to make it that way). Also the south side of town tends to be made up of transplants, many of which are CU grads
Yep, makes sense. I'm actually surprised there aren't more pockets like that in the northern part of the state. Hopefully it pays off here.

I would really like to see Ginther commit this weekend. This year we have McClain, Edwards, Miller and Hopkins at the top, but with the staff getting a late start there are only 5 more top 1000 national prospects (McCoy, Pearson, Stoudemire, Staub and Page). That's the type of quality 3* that needs to form the floor of future classes and Ginther is one of those quality 3* kids. The fact that he plays a position of need and is a local kid who can be an ambassador for the program makes him even more important.

Colorado OL kids are either going to have to commit early or risk not having a spot. It's no secret that the state produces some decent college OL talent. It's also no secret that a fair amount of the time the OL kids from Colorado aren't graded correctly and lots of 4 stars bust at P5 Programs.

Colorado OL kids are either going to have to commit early or risk not having a spot. It's no secret that the state produces some decent college OL talent. It's also no secret that a fair amount of the time the OL kids from Colorado aren't graded correctly and lots of 4 stars bust at P5 Programs.
How many Six Zero kids have truly worked out wherever they ended up? Wondering if someone has the exact details.

How many Six Zero kids have truly worked out wherever they ended up? Wondering if someone has the exact details.
It seems like at least with linemen that we commonly count on kids maturing and developing once they are in college bringing them up to the level of competition.

An example might be a high school kid who is 6'4" 260lbs in high school. We expect that once on a college S&C program he will add 30lbs of quality weight bringing him up to a solid 290. Add 10lbs of puppy fat and you have a 300lb lineman.

I think what happens with Six Zero is that he accelerates that process. He takes a high school kid who is 240 and adds 25lbs of quality weight bringing him to 265. The trouble is that when he goes to college he only has room for another say 15lbs of quality gain putting him at 280. Add the puppy fat but he still doesn't reach the necessary level of development to compete at the P5 level.

247 reports Ginther has received offers from the following schools since the beginning of the year.

Wyoming
Tennessee
San Diego State
USC
UCLA
Oregon State
Washington State
He should end up a high 3* based on that. IOLs get rated a bit lower than OTs, so I'd be surprised if he gets a blue chip designation. But he's definitely a take for top tier programs.

He should end up a high 3* based on that. IOLs get rated a bit lower than OTs, so I'd be surprised if he gets a blue chip designation. But he's definitely a take for top tier programs.
I like the USC/UCLA and Tenn offer if legit. To be a high 3 Star OL I would think you would have to see more offers from Big 10 schools who typically dip into Colorado to take our best lineman out of state. I'm waiting to see the Michigan and Ohio State offer.

I am glad to hear he is considered a quality 3-star prospect. We need to hit on some Colorado lineman, keep them home, and send them to the pros. As I mentioned I typically think the lineman from Colorado have been overrated.

MM says CU is Ginther's #1 because of CU and Prime making him a priority

Colorado natives in NFL: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=CO

This article says only 16 players who graduated high school from Colorado are on an NFL roster.

Colorado natives in NFL: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=CO

This article says only 16 players who graduated high school from Colorado are on an NFL roster.

Would wonder how many of those are considered solid starters?

Also seems, and don't have the numbers but just based on observations, that a pretty high number of Colorado HS kids who sign P5 level LOIs never factor at their schools.

Kids in a lot of Texas HSs, Florida, Georgia, California, HS's play against better talent in practice every day than they will face in a HS game in Colorado.

Doesn't mean that if the coaches believe a guy like Ginther can be a quality P5 starter I don't want him. I want to see us getting the Colorado kids who can help us win but McChesney's idea that CU should be taking significant numbers of Colorado players just isn't supported by results.

Back