What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Air Force September 14

I'll be there. 10 a.m. start kinda sucks, though. Hard to get your drank on that early.

This game scares the 💩 out of me. Air Force is returning a pretty good squad this season and the Buffs will have played two very emotional games back to back. Factor in the triple option offense and the early kickoff and this has trap written all over it.
They aren’t that good. Lost top two WR. And Tucker has prepped for GT for years. The talent gap is wide.

This game scares the 💩 out of me. Air Force is returning a pretty good squad this season and the Buffs will have played two very emotional games back to back. Factor in the triple option offense and the early kickoff and this has trap written all over it.
If this game has you scared, what are your thoughts about the other 11 games on the schedule?

CSU isn't an emotional game anymore. They're expecting to get nuked by us, and we've been saying on it here for months-If this game is close, we're not as good a team as we all think we are. Nebraska will be every bit as emotional as LY was, and I think this game will be too-if only because its the first time we've seen AFA in 45 years or whatever.

A fast start is key-Go back to their trip to Ann Arbor in 2017. We need to treat this as if we're playing a CSU type opponent we're not supposed to beat like a drum like we are them this year.

I just don't like where this game sets up on the schedule combined with an early kickoff. I forgot to add that Air Force has a bye the week before as well.
Personally, I think you're overthinking it. AFA is a fairly average Mountain West team, there is a very significant talent gap, and the game is at Folsom. If CU can't win handily, they are in serious trouble.

I agree with everyone else, this is a huge trap game and Tucker needs to make sure the team is focused.

I have tickets I posted in the for sale forum if anyone needs tickets still!

CSU isn't an emotional game anymore. They're expecting to get nuked by us, and we've been saying on it here for months-If this game is close, we're not as good a team as we all think we are. Nebraska will be every bit as emotional as LY was, and I think this game will be too-if only because its the first time we've seen AFA in 45 years or whatever.

A fast start is key-Go back to their trip to Ann Arbor in 2017. We need to treat this as if we're playing a CSU type opponent we're not supposed to beat like a drum like we are them this year.
no one is emotional about this game compared to CSU, much less NU

no one is emotional about this game compared to CSU, much less NU

You're right, but my point was more about how the popularity of the CSU game has decreased SIGNIFICANTLY over the last few years than anything. They were nothing more than a tune-up for the nubs last year, and its the same this year. AFA will be up for this game though.

Agree completely.

Personally, I think you're overthinking it. AFA is a fairly average Mountain West team, there is a very significant talent gap, and the game is at Folsom. If CU can't win handily, they are in serious trouble.
Triple option is apparently something no one can scheme for.

Here's the condensed game for Colgate-AFA.

We play Colgate at home in 2027...will someone get in Rick George's ear and tell him to cancel that game since they suck so bad?

Yes, the spicy ranch is definitely required. I have a fondness for slices at Boss Lady on the Hill, but overall, Cosmos rules in the Boulder Bubble Pizza World. Can't beat the price, quantity, taste, and late night availability.
When I worked at Fatty J's we dominated the pizza world. Dollar slices and medium two topping with fat sticks! The blunts ruled too. That was a fun job.

You're right, but my point was more about how the popularity of the CSU game has decreased SIGNIFICANTLY over the last few years than anything. They were nothing more than a tune-up for the nubs last year, and its the same this year. AFA will be up for this game though.

I agree. When you beat someone down for so long it loses it's juice. CSU is so bad and would probably get better competition out of Northern Colorado at this point.

I have been more nervous about the AFA than the CSU & Nubs since I have been confident all offseason long that CU will win those two.

AFA used perimeter running with lead blockers assigned to neutralize the corners and D backfield against Colgate, capitalizing on costly TOs.

AFA’s variety of RBs and triple option forces the D to adjust after the snap.

I’m rooting for CU’s scout team to do a good job mimicking Neb this week and AFA the next.

CU will be fine for speed and athleticism. Just have to be able to shed blocks and be smart when maintaining assignments.

anyone remember when they flew a falcon at halftime? pretty cool.
AD is advertising 1 ticket and 1 "Vamos Bufalos" cap, for $35.

Back