What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

And We Now Take You To Hangzhou

LaVar wanted to give a press conference from his hotel suite, but cancelled it after getting some legal counsel. So if anything Chinese authorities have managed to achieve something nobody in the US has managed so far: Shut LaVar Ball up.

I'm in the camp where I hope those three players learn something and get more than a slap in the wrist. They have not only embarrassed their team, but their school. Their behavior in a foreign country is not acceptable. Heard they are confined to their hotel room and they can't leave the country until this is resolved.

Why did they do something this stupid?

I'm in the camp where I hope those three players learn something and get more than a slap in the wrist. They have not only embarrassed their team, but their school. Their behavior in a foreign country is not acceptable. Heard they are confined to their hotel room and they can't leave the country until this is resolved.

When I'm abroad in a place where I don't know the local laws and regulations all that well and may also have a language barrier to deal with, I'm usually way more cautious than I'd be at home where I'm more familiar with things.

When I'm abroad in a place where I don't know the local laws and regulations all that well and may also have a language barrier to deal with, I'm usually way more cautious than I'd be at home where I'm more familiar with things.
Yep.

And I would also guess that you make a global assumption that things like stealing are against the law everywhere?

Yep.

And I would also guess that you make a global assumption that things like stealing are against the law everywhere?
But according to LaVar it ain't that big of a deal. Not exactly the attitude I would have towards stealing.

But according to LaVar it ain't that big of a deal. Not exactly the attitude I would have towards stealing.
Well, on a positive note Trump is on the scene in Asia right now.

And if there's one thing we know it's that he'll have the backs of African American athletes representing a California liberal arts college.

Because, you know, they’re entitled.

I think that's what'll happen. They'll be assessed a fine and allowed to leave the country. If they have a multiple entry visa, I expect it'll be revoked and they'll have difficulty returning to China for the foreseeable future. Even though the party congress just finished, I can't imagine the party wants to make this into a lengthy, public ordeal.

I think that's what'll happen. They'll be assessed a fine and allowed to leave the country. If they have a multiple entry visa, I expect it'll be revoked and they'll have difficulty returning to China for the foreseeable future. Even though the party congress just finished, I can't imagine the party wants to make this into a lengthy, public ordeal.

Agree.

I am like Jens when I visit a foreign country. I am on my best behavior and I'm cautious about doing things that might make me the center of attention. I have never shoplifted so that isn't a consideration for me.

I have had some experiences in foreign countries I would like to forget, but I did not embarrass myself and it was nothing like getting arrested.

A friend saw a pickpocketer coming towards me in the Liverpool train station. I couldn't figure out what he was doing when he knocked me away. Then he told me and all was well.

After the Nuggets game last night, I watched Shaq, Kenny, and Barkley on the post-game. Oh man, pretty funny. They were making fun of the Ball situation for like the whole damn show lol.

Agree.

I am like Jens when I visit a foreign country. I am on my best behavior and I'm cautious about doing things that might make me the center of attention. I have never shoplifted so that isn't a consideration for me.

I have had some experiences in foreign countries I would like to forget, but I did not embarrass myself and it was nothing like getting arrested.

A friend saw a pickpocketer coming towards me in the Liverpool train station. I couldn't figure out what he was doing when he knocked me away. Then he told me and all was well.
My son was in the airport leaving Bali. A sign said “The penalty for smuggling drugs is death.” Even though he knew he wasn’t smuggling drugs he was tempted to go through his luggage anyway. They don’t **** around in some of those places.

I house sat while a professor was on the Semester at Sea. He said no matter how many times the students were told if they were found with drugs at the ports of call and CU could do nothing, students were left in jails at almost every port of call.

My son was in the airport leaving Bali. A sign said “The penalty for smuggling drugs is death.” Even though he knew he wasn’t smuggling drugs he was tempted to go through his luggage anyway. They don’t **** around in some of those places.
Billyeeeeeee!

Ball thinks his family is special. They are detained at their hotel, not in a Chinese prison. They should consider themselves lucky at the moment and hope that is where it ends.

Ball thinks his family is special. They are detained at their hotel, not in a Chinese prison. They should consider themselves lucky at the moment and hope that is where it ends.

I would think this whole thing is funny, then I realize that the sons didn't get to pick their father.

They may still end up with money and fame but what he and his ego are putting them through just isn't right to do to any kid.

I hope these kids stand for The National Anthem when they get back. I’m willing to bet the Chinese are a bit more racist than Americans, on average.

Back