What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AP RANKED!

Buffs sweep the weekend, I think they are in or about in the top-10. Oregon will be tough, but I think the key is CU shooting well in the 1st half and not getting down. Went to the Cal game and although Seiwart was way off; hence it was ugly but the team defense, Bey + Wright, and then some timely shooting pulled them through. IMO, it is about Tad finding that hot hand early on the road. Although CU does not have great bigs, the team rebounding is great.

Our Buffs are getting used to having a target on their backs and being the hunted. That's a tough next step for a program. When you're ranked high and in 1st place, you're going to get the other team's best effort. On the road, fans will rush the court if we lose now. It's a whole different thing than what we're used to.

Bracketology has the Buffs as a 6 seed in Cleveland, which is no bueno, but if that ever happened, maybe Coach Tucker can bring us a couple Thousand extra fans!!!

It's mid-February, the Buffs are ranked 16th, in sole possession of first place in the Pac-12, about to play a top-20 game on ESPN.

As die-hards, it is easy to over analyze and torment ourselves over the handful of let down losses, but big picture- how fun is this?? Great time to be following a great group of young men.

It's mid-February, the Buffs are ranked 16th, in sole possession of first place in the Pac-12, about to play a top-20 game on ESPN.

As die-hards, it is easy to over analyze and torment ourselves over the handful of let down losses, but big picture- how fun is this?? Great time to be following a great group of young men.
Amen

I love the fact that this team is mature and is never out of any game. The Kansas game was the only bummer this season overall, besides the OSU game in which I felt helpless. This is a damn good team, with some great players, including a point guard that reminds me of Chauncey and you can see his mentorship showing up every moment. I will enjoy every game from here on.

So... fire Tad?

Bracketology has the Buffs as a 6 seed in Cleveland, which is no bueno, but if that ever happened, maybe Coach Tucker can bring us a couple Thousand extra fans!!!
The ESPN one that came out today has us as a 5 seed in Spokane (West Region). The 2nd weekend games would be in LA.

So... fire Tad?
The Buffs are embarking on a very difficult road trip, where coming back with a split is a MAJOR victory and coming back 0-2 wouldn't be surprising. So expect to hear some more of those calls between now and Sunday. Just brace yourself and roll with it.

Arizona shot 25% and lost to UCLA in Tucson a week ago. They could certainly step on their dicks again against the Ducks.
I hope you are right, that is the one matchup I just don’t like for our buffs. The UCLA loss should ignite them. As much as the coach is a douche. He can flat out coach

UCLA has been on a year also. We love an LA sweep this week

So we lost a close road game to a ranked team, and then boat raced a team in THEIR house that had pinned an earlier loss on us, aaaaaaand, we drop 2 - 4 spots in the polls?

Someone help me here, ima tryin' to keep up.

So we lost a close road game to a ranked team, and then boat raced a team in THEIR house that had pinned an earlier loss on us, aaaaaaand, we drop 2 - 4 spots in the polls?

Someone help me here, ima tryin' to keep up.
I think it was probably voters feeling they couldn't rank us above Oregon and they couldn't justify moving Oregon much above where they put them.

Monday Results

#1 Kansas won vs Oklahoma State
#6 Florida State won vs #11 Louisville
#20 West Virginia lost at Texas

Tuesday Results
#2 Baylor won vs Kansas State
#4 Dayton won at George Mason
#5 SDSU won vs CSU
#7 Duke lost at Wake Forest
#8 Kentucky won at Texas A&M
#15 Auburn won vs Ole Miss
#18 Iowa lost at #24 Michigan State
#22 Texas Tech lost at Oklahoma

Tuesday Results
#2 Baylor won vs Kansas State
#4 Dayton won at George Mason
#5 SDSU won vs CSU
#7 Duke lost at Wake Forest
#8 Kentucky won at Texas A&M
#15 Auburn won vs Ole Miss
#18 Iowa lost at #24 Michigan State
#22 Texas Tech lost at Oklahoma
Texas Tech is an NIT team. End of story.

Texas Tech is an NIT team. End of story.
Not sure I agree because the bubble is very soft. I would say that they're a team that could lose to anyone in the NIT field but could also win a game against any of the teams that will get a #1 or #2 seed in the Dance. Expect to see them in the field of 68, but I have no idea how to project them in a bracket. That defense is salty, though, when they're right.

Wednesday results:

#9 Maryland won at Minnesota
#12 Villanova won vs St. John's
#16 Penn State won vs Rutgers

Thursday games:
#3 Gonzaga won vs San Diego
#14 Oregon won vs Oregon State
#19 Michigan lost vs Wisconsin
#21 Colorado los at Cal
#23 Ohio State won at Nebraska

Friday games:
#4 Dayton won vs Davidson

Saturday games:
#1 Kansas won at Kansas State
#2 Baylor lost at TCU
#3 Gonzaga won vs Saint Mary's
#5 San Diego State won at Nevada
#6 Florida State lost at Clemson
#7 Duke lost at Virginia
#8 Kentucky won vs #15 Auburn
#9 Maryland lost vs #24 Michigan State
#12 Villanova lost vs Providence
#13 Seton Hall won at Marquette
#16 Penn State lost at #18 Iowa
#17 BYU won at Pepperdine
#20 West Virginia lost vs Oklahoma
#22 Texas Tech lost vs Texas

Holy hell, that was a wild Saturday.

Sunday games:
#10 Creighton at St. John's
#21 Colorado at Stanford
#25 Houston vs Cincinnati

16 losses by ranked teams so far this week

2, 6, 7(twice), 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20(twice), 21, 22(twice)

#10 trailing by 18 with 4 minutes to go

#11, #19v#23, #21, and #25 still to play today.

5 of those losses were ranked vs ranked (#18 to #24, #15 to #8, #9 to #24, #16 to #18, #11 to #6)

Almost half the top 25 lost to an unranked team this week.

Back