What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AP RANKED!

I’m starting to think Louisville is team to beat.
I've been thinking the same thing. Pretty much the most balanced team this season. It's not their offense or defense, it's both. Not too many teams we can say that about.

I think that in the mind of voters CU’s home losses to NIU and OSU along with getting boat raced by Kansas and Arizona and then the bad loss at UCLA raise a big question mark.

Those losses cast more doubt in their minds than credit for wins over Dayton, Oregon and USC. But it seems to me that we were punished more harshly for the UCLA loss than other schools were for bad losses.

I think that in the mind of voters CU’s home losses to NIU and OSU along with getting boat raced by Kansas and Arizona and then the bad loss at UCLA raise a big question mark.

Those losses cast more doubt in their minds than credit for wins over Dayton, Oregon and USC. But it seems to me that we were punished more harshly for the UCLA loss than other schools were for bad losses.
I think you overstate it. We started just outside the Top 25. We've been just inside it for most of the season. We are pretty much what we were expected to be.

I think you overstate it. We started just outside the Top 25. We've been just inside it for most of the season. We are pretty much what we were expected to be.
I’m referring to the 4 position drop

I’m referring to the 4 position drop
We dropped 4 and Houston dropped 4. Wichita State and Rutgers dropped out while Creighton and Arizona moved in. I thought it was appropriate.

I also think we've got a good opportunity to move up a lot this week because there will be a bunch of losses ahead of us.

We dropped 4 and Houston dropped 4. Wichita State and Rutgers dropped out while Creighton and Arizona moved in. I thought it was appropriate.

I also think we've got a good opportunity to move up a lot this week because there will be a bunch of losses ahead of us.
I agree. Just have to win at home. If we play with the same urgency we showed against USC we will.

Top 25 results this week (I'll try to remember to update this post):

Monday
#1 Baylor won at KSU
#3 Kansas won vs Texas
#8 Florida State won vs North Carolina

Tuesday
#7 Duke won at Boston College
#9 Maryland won vs Rutgers
#11 Auburn won at Arkansas
#15 Kentucky won vs Miss State
#16 Michigan State lost vs #22 Penn State

Wednesday
#5 Louisville won vs Wake Forest
#10 Villanova lost at #19 Butler
#12 Seton Hall won at Georgetown
#13 West Virginia won vs Iowa State
#17 Iowa lost at Purdue (BY 36!!!)
#18 LSU lost at Vanderbilt
#21 Creighton lost at Providence

Thursday
#2 Gonzaga won vs Loyola Marymount
#23 Arizona won vs USC
#24 Colorado won vs Cal
#25 Houston won vs Tulane

Friday
#9 Maryland won at #20 Illinois

Saturday
#1 Baylor won vs Oklahoma State
#2 Gonzaga won at Saint Mary's
#3 Kansas won at TCU
#4 San Diego State won at Air Force
#5 Louisville won vs Virginia
#6 Dayton won vs St. Louis
#7 Duke won at North Carolina
#8 Florida State won vs Miami
#10 Villanova lost vs #12 Seton Hall
#11 Auburn won vs #18 LSU
#13 West Virginia won at Oklahoma
#14 Oregon lost at Oregon State
#15 Kentucky won at Tennessee
#16 Michigan State lost at Michigan
#17 Iowa won vs Nebraska
#21 Creighton won vs St. John's
#22 Penn State won vs Minnesota
#23 Arizona lost vs UCLA
#24 Colorado won vs Stanford

Sunday
#19 Butler lost at Marquette
#25 Houston won vs Wichita State

Last edited:
I think a lot of these big east teams are overrated.
I don't know if there is a great team (maybe Seton Hall). But all 10 are good and a few have that combination of great defense & a premier scorer that often does well in the Dance. From KenPom:
Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 9.37.00 PM.png

Just outside the Top 25, the AAC had a bad night with both Tulsa and Wichita State dropping home games.

All ranked teams won on Thursday.

For Friday, we've only got 1 game but it's a good one.

#9 Maryland at #20 Illinois (6pm, FS1). Go Terps!!!

#9 Maryland won at #20 Illinois last night.

As usual, just about everyone is playing today (Saturday).

Teams we should jump this week:
Arizona
Creighton
Illinois

Maybe:
Michigan State (ranked #16 but lost twice this week)
Iowa (#17 but got rolled by Purdue. Also rolled the Nubs in Iowa City, so prolly not.)

I don't see anyone jumping us, so I would guess we'll be 21, maybe 20, even though we're leading the Pac-12.

Arizona
Creighton
Illinois

Maybe:
Iowa (#17 but got rolled by Purdue. Also rolled the Nubs in Iowa City, so prolly not.)

I don't see anyone jumping us, so I would guess we'll be 21, maybe 20, even though we're leading the Pac-12.
LSU lost twice, including one to Vandy. Should hop back to 20 at worst. Iowa should get punished bad for a 36 point loss and MSU bad for 0-2 this week so we could pass both but who knows with these voters. Nova went 0-2 to ranked teams. Won’t drop below us, but should be close.

Arizona
Creighton
Illinois

Maybe:

You could say Michigan state lost 3 times this week.

LSU lost twice, including one to Vandy. Should hop back to 20 at worst. Iowa should get punished bad for a 36 point loss and MSU bad for 0-2 this week so we could pass both but who knows with these voters. Nova went 0-2 to ranked teams. Won’t drop below us, but should be close.
If Marquette upsets #18 Butler today (10am FS1) that could open up another spot for us.

#25 Houston is killing Wichita State.

So uncompetitive that I flipped over to Loyola-Chicago vs Valparaiso.

Houston ended up beating Wichita State by 33.

We may not see the teams in the Top 25 change much this week.

ESPN Power Rankings:

i

16. Colorado Buffaloes (19-5)
Previous ranking:
Unranked
This week: at Oregon (Thursday), at Oregon State (Saturday)

There have been a couple of hiccups along the way, but Colorado now sits atop the Pac-12 standings heading into the final seven games. It's going to be a difficult stretch for the Buffaloes, with five of those remaining seven coming on the road, including games at Oregon and Stanford. While Colorado's defense has been more consistent than its offense over the entire season, the Buffs' offense has been by far the best during Pac-12 play and is operating at a high level right now. The Buffaloes are making shots, both inside and outside the arc, they're getting to the free throw line and they're taking care of the ball. It is an experienced, balanced unit with two of the best players in the league in McKinley Wright and Tyler Bey.

ESPN Power Rankings:

i

Previous ranking:
Unranked

There have been a couple of hiccups along the way, but Colorado now sits atop the Pac-12 standings heading into the final seven games. It's going to be a difficult stretch for the Buffaloes, with five of those remaining seven coming on the road, including games at Oregon and Stanford. While Colorado's defense has been more consistent than its offense over the entire season, the Buffs' offense has been by far the best during Pac-12 play and is operating at a high level right now. The Buffaloes are making shots, both inside and outside the arc, they're getting to the free throw line and they're taking care of the ball. It is an experienced, balanced unit with two of the best players in the league in McKinley Wright and Tyler Bey.

Wait, wut?

Someone at espin ignored their own home-grown, worthless bpi?

Color me shocked

ESPN Power Rankings:

i

Previous ranking:
Unranked

They also opened the article by previewing Thursday's game:
"Colorado at Oregon (Thursday): Tad Boyle's team could really get a stranglehold on the Pac-12 regular-season race with a road win in Eugene. The Buffaloes won the first meeting on Jan. 2, and Oregon is now on a two-game losing streak to fall one game back in the standings. The winner likely will find itself in next week's rankings; the loser, not so much."

Back