What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU Pregame Thread: 10/6 @ 2 PM MT on P12N

I think the line is playing well given the circumstances. You can't fix Berrardi's issues in 2 years.

That's not giving a pass, it's being realistic.

Hawg's been trolling this staff since his boy was so unfairly fired. Broken record.

So the coaches have at least three years to fix it. We might be mediocre on the line in 2020 at this rate.

CU is 3rd in the Pac in Rushing Yards/Game (37th nationally) and have given up 10 sacks, which is about average in the conference. They don’t pass the eye test to stand up against the better teams in the conference, but they have been better to this point than people want to admit.

I think the line is playing well given the circumstances. You can't fix Berrardi's issues in 2 years.

That's not giving a pass, it's being realistic.

Hawg's been trolling this staff since his boy was so unfairly fired. Broken record.
Never an Ebree fan. But thanks for taking that angle.

why not SC? They recruit plenty of 4-5 stars at every position. Everyone knows you hate MM. lets chat after SC.

I’m talking about the OL.

I don’t hate MM. I just think he has a ceiling that is not consistent in either words, behavior or results with the goals set by the AD. He’s a good guy.

THIS! I spoke to member of the staff, gave him a hard time about the jet sweeps. That was the whole plan, run those guys side to side and wear their @sses out. It worked! Kudos
Misdirection off jet sweep and fake belly play with h-back coming across the formation to seal the edge on Montez TD run on North end was simply outstanding. Saw video from north end through LB eyes. So many things to process in very little time. All the eye candy set up great blocking angles including Russell on edge. Please keep running the jet sweep, Chiv. Can’t wait for throwback off this action. .

CU is 3rd in the Pac in Rushing Yards/Game (37th nationally) and have given up 10 sacks, which is about average in the conference. They don’t pass the eye test to stand up against the better teams in the conference, but they have been better to this point than people want to admit.
Right or wrong, I give most of the credit for this to Chev/Roper improving the playcalling and protection schemes along with Montez seeing the field better (getting us into better plays & quickly reading his progressions). But I do acknowledge that the OL may also deserve a good deal of credit. Hard for me to credit that until I see games like the Wazzu win in 2016 when we were able to dominate and control by running the same power over and over that they had no answer for.

I would term the 2018 Buff OL as "servicable", which is a hell of a lot better than the 2017 OL I would have called "straight up bad by any measure".

So the coaches have at least three years to fix it. We might be mediocre on the line in 2020 at this rate.
He had 3 freshman out of the 5 in the game at times. If Moretti was able to go, that may have been 4 out of 5.

Should we fire him before the ASU game or after?

My first post. A few things:
- Wilkins is overrated and can be rattled.
- I'd absolutely pack the box and make WIlkins throw, or try to. SDSU beat ASU largely because of their stout run D.
- I like Ted's idea of using Donovan Lee on the edge once in a while. Hate to see that guy under-utilized. He's a good punt/kick returner too, as I recall.

He had 3 freshman out of the 5 in the game at times. If Moretti was able to go, that may have been 4 out of 5.

Since he has a two-year contract through the 2019 season, I say he has that long to get **** figured out. What say you?

Youth is always a convenient excuse.

They should fire Bernardi and Adam's following the ASU game. Only problem is I'm not sure they have quality replacements lined up at this point in the season. Unfortunately they should wait until after the regular season.

Since he has a two-year contract through the 2019 season, I say he has that long to get **** figured out. What say you?

Youth is always a convenient excuse.
I'm giving him the season! I'll save my negativity for the off-season.

Likely at the end of the season unless substantial improvement. Loyalty will get you beat.

My first post. A few things:
- Wilkins is overrated and can be rattled.
- I'd absolutely pack the box and make WIlkins throw, or try to. SDSU beat ASU largely because of their stout run D.
- I like Ted's idea of using Donovan Lee on the edge once in a while. Hate to see that guy under-utilized. He's a good punt/kick returner too, as I recall.
Good plan. Who matches Harry?

Man the USC game isn't starting to 1030 EST. I'm going to have to be up until 2 AM.

So do you guys feel like the rest of the WRs are content right now or do they want the ball more? Is that going to be a problem with LS getting so many looks?

Man the USC game isn't starting to 1030 EST. I'm going to have to be up until 2 AM.

So do you guys feel like the rest of the WRs are content right now or do they want the ball more? Is that going to be a problem with LS getting so many looks?
After last year’s WR group, I think Chiv is all over this including his mantra of “nothing to say, lot to prove”.

have to get open. LS has been WIDE open on most his catches. Get open, Montez will get You the ball. At the beginning of the season Montez was known for sharing the ball with multiple receivers.

This is who is coming to Boulder with the scum devils - Gamboa and Landman better strap up -

Eno Benjamin, So., RB, Arizona State over 300 yards rushing in one game.
pow101__1538415170.jpg

After last year’s WR group, I think Chiv is all over this including his mantra of “nothing to say, lot to prove”.

Correct. Not a problem. Lots of receivers still getting the ball, including RBs. Brown looks almost as good as Winfree and McIntyre is having a great year.
No ego issues on this team anyway.

Back