What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU Pregame Thread: 10/6 @ 2 PM MT on P12N

I am not giving up on any of them. Just saying Adams does not deserve much of a pass here. He was assisting Bernardi before he officially became the OL coach.

"Not ****ty" should not be that high a bar to clear.

Especially when a HC and his program are in their sixth year at a school. It isn't like MM is dealing with another coaches recruits.

source.gif

Our attitude is 100% different from last year, and the "Shhh" emoji is perfect. We should be carrying a massive chip on our shoulder from the ASU game last year. Wilkins dancing on the ****ing sidelines is still a fresh memory for me.

Probably Abrams as he’s the biggest, but I’m not sure we’ll see a straight man follow with Harry. Probably more roll coverage to him or man free w the Safety over top.
I honestly think Abrams will be fine on his own against Harry. Abrams matched the physicality of Preston Williams pretty well and I don't think Harry is much more physical than Williams. Plus Abrams goes against Viska in practice and Viska is very physical. Just an opinion from an old offensive lineman, so what do I know about the secondary lol.

Harry is also a little bit of a diva. You can take him out of the game early on if you keep him from the ball. It was either the UW game or the SDSU game but he got awfully pouty when he didn't get his catches.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...zo333PqSetw52kEGgbXKb6viGZSbYuJugvRR/pubhtml#

FYI, their rushing D is TERRIBLE. Anyone who has wanted to run on them has done so with great effectiveness. We are talking real bad. The only thing they do that is average is stop explosive plays from the rushing game, and that's still only above average (36th in the nation). All of their other ratings are worse than 100th. We should be able to run all day on them. This could be a huge game for McMillian.

this is really straightforward.

get a fast start while they are still trying to figure out why their fingers and toes are numb.
play folsom fast.
put a hurtin' on their qb.
wear their asses out with the run game.
let viska be a bad, bad, bad man.
enjoy herm's meltdown midway through the 3rd q when they are already down by 17.
wonder if stripper mascara runs from tears of rage if the temp is below 70 degrees.
celebrate.

simple.

Probably Abrams as he’s the biggest, but I’m not sure we’ll see a straight man follow with Harry. Probably more roll coverage to him or man free w the Safety over top.

Coverage will probably have to be mixed. But I hope we err on the side of blitzing the hell out of Wilkins. Shenault and our other great receivers have elevated the play of Abrams and our other good (so far) DBs, no doubt.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...zo333PqSetw52kEGgbXKb6viGZSbYuJugvRR/pubhtml#

FYI, their rushing D is TERRIBLE. Anyone who has wanted to run on them has done so with great effectiveness. We are talking real bad. The only thing they do that is average is stop explosive plays from the rushing game, and that's still only above average (36th in the nation). All of their other ratings are worse than 100th. We should be able to run all day on them. This could be a huge game for McMillian.
We ran all over them last year when they were the top ranked rushing defense in the country. Not worried about the sun devil run defense.

I am very concerned about their pass rush though. They are hyper aggressive and it pays off for them quite often.

Back