What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU Pregame Thread: 10/6 @ 2 PM MT on P12N

ASU Rushing marginal efficiency* = 115

I do not want to see us rack up a couple first downs running the ball and then go 3 & out on 3 straight passes. I hate when we do that.
Chiaverini hasn't shown the tendency to move away from what's working to this point.

Just popped over to cubuffs.com and very few tickets remaining. Didn't feel like counting dots - but mostly the $$$ Box seats and $$$ nose bleed areas remaining... Should be an Allsome environment.

Wilner thinks CU is the only "unknown" in the Pac 12 at this point, due to an undefeated record against teams combined for 1-16 record, but says it will definitely be sorted out on Saturday. Does CU beating ASU mean they are legit contenders or would there still a bit of unknown to the team at 5-0? Likewise, if CU loses to ASU, does it definitely mean they are only a mediocre 4-1 team, propped up by (one of) the easiest schedule in the country to this point?

Wilner thinks CU is the only "unknown" in the Pac 12 at this point, due to an undefeated record against teams combined for 1-16 record, but says it will definitely be sorted out on Saturday. Does CU beating ASU mean they are legit contenders or would there still a bit of unknown to the team at 5-0? Likewise, if CU loses to ASU, does it definitely mean they are only a mediocre 4-1 team, propped up by (one of) the easiest schedule in the country to this point?

No one's going to take us seriously unless we beat USC, even though they're not great.

The fuskers may have crapped the bed since but you can't say that this team hasn't handled pressure situations after watching the game in stincoln. The 1-16 stat is unfortunate but by no means does it define this team. They've taken care of business so far, hopefully they can keep it up and Wilner can shove his guesses up his ass.

I just watched the ASU vs Oregon St game and if Oregon State could tackle the RB, they'd win. ASU passing game is meh. Their defense also struggled vs the run.

Looking for Buffs to run at that 3-3 defense.

Taking those 4 losses out to put it at 1-12 doesn't look much better, though, and had those teams beaten CU to be a combined 5-12, it obviously wouldn't matter
Well who gives a **** about UNH. If you take those and the CU losses away you have this.

Losses: OU, Cincy, Fresno State, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois State, Troy (Backup QB), Michigan and Purdue

Wins: Arkansas

Not a good result but most of those are expected. Illinois State, Troy and Pursue are really the only disappointing results.

The fuskers may have crapped the bed since but you can't say that this team hasn't handled pressure situations after watching the game in stincoln. The 1-16 stat is unfortunate but by no means does it define this team. They've taken care of business so far, hopefully they can keep it up and Wilner can shove his guesses up his ass.

That win is impressive no matter what. Regardless of what kind of team the Nubs have, thats a very hostile place to play-and its one of very few places in the country where the whole state is against you like Chad Brown said the Monday after that glorious victory. Serenading Fusker fans with our fight song as they left that day instantly became one of my favorite CU football memories. In his defense, Wilner says we're a bowl team. I don't think there's any doubt about that right now. I think we're a wild card in this sense-I don't want to put us on Washington's level yet, but I think we'd all be unhappy if we wound up 7-5 given this start. I doubt there's anybody who looks at this conference right now in their right mind and says "Hey, Colorado won't be a factor in the South division".

Last edited:
Well who gives a **** about UNH. If you take those and the CU losses away you have this.

Losses: OU, Cincy, Fresno State, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois State, Troy (Backup QB), Michigan and Purdue

Wins: Arkansas

Not a good result but most of those are expected. Illinois State, Troy and Pursue are really the only disappointing results.

Purdue isn't IMO. Jeff Brohm is a hell of a coach IMO, and he's gonna wind up at a blue blood before he leaves coaching.

If ASU OL handles CU front, that will allow that big H-Back (former LB) free run at Landman/ Gamboa or a supporting S. Trying to tackle Benjamin behind that combo or having the discipline on play action off that set will be a challenge.

The key to this game is Manny Wilkins' performance. He can appear experienced and mature at times (which he should be with how many starts he's had), and completely mediocre at other times (usually on the road). He's a total showboat jackwagon, so I hope we grind him into the Folsom turf.

Time to get up for this game. The following is an example of the respect CU is getting on the ass U forum

“You realize that Colorado sucks right?
They do not have an elite qb. They have a slightly above average college qb.
They are Colorado. Low talent level across the board. We dont need to play a perfect game to beat them.
Montez is not Rosen or Darnold.
He's not even Herbert.”

Time to get up for this game. The following is an example of the respect CU is getting on the ass U forum

“You realize that Colorado sucks right?
They do not have an elite qb. They have a slightly above average college qb.
They are Colorado. Low talent level across the board. We dont need to play a perfect game to beat them.
Montez is not Rosen or Darnold.
He's not even Herbert.”
Those are basically my thoughts about ASU, tbh. Happy that it’s either right or wrong for me tomorrow

Back