What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

**** bailer!

Heh.
So my daughter is starting the process of choosing a college. She has no idea of the kind of shady unethical garbage that’s tolerated at Baylor. We were at the kitchen table and we were going over potential schools. She mentions Baylor and both her mother and I immediately say “No! We won’t allow you to go there!” “Why not?” She asks. We give her the cliffs notes version of how it’s a cesspool that simply isn’t safe for female undergrads. She’s like “OK, strike Baylor from the list.”

Long story short: **** bailer.

Heh.
So my daughter is starting the process of choosing a college. She has no idea of the kind of shady unethical garbage that’s tolerated at Baylor. We were at the kitchen table and we were going over potential schools. She mentions Baylor and both her mother and I immediately say “No! We won’t allow you to go there!” “Why not?” She asks. We give her the cliffs notes version of how it’s a cesspool that simply isn’t safe for female undergrads. She’s like “OK, strike Baylor from the list.”

Long story short: **** bailer.
Also, why pay top dollar to live in Waco and get a very average education?

Also, why pay top dollar to live in Waco and get a very average education?
Is it really top dollar? I honestly don’t know.

CU is expensive even for in state students. Right now, DU seems to be at the top of the list. I hope if that’s where she wants to go that she’s able to find some scholarships and grants. DU is pricey.

CU is expensive even for in state students. Right now, DU seems to be at the top of the list. I hope if that’s where she wants to go that she’s able to find some scholarships and grants. DU is pricey.

Tuition for Baylor University is $39,610 for the 2017/2018 academic year. This is 43% more expensive than the national average private non-profit four year college tuition of $27,755. The cost is 157% more expensive than the average Texas tuition of $15,399 for 4 year colleges.

That's just tuition.

Bull****. ARWU has them at 138-155. ARWU has CU at 25.
And USNWR has Baylor higher. Times has them very close, I believe, but haven't checked that list in a while.

I said undergraduate education, not research program. CU is heads and shoulders above Baylor in research output, which ARWU prioritizes so highly it puts a hefty amount of it's rankings into how many pubs a school specifically has in Nature and Science (which is, by the way, the reason so many people at Berkeley and Stanford - and I assume other places, but haven't worked at others - think little of the ARWU).

And USNWR has Baylor higher. Times has them very close, I believe, but haven't checked that list in a while.

I said undergraduate education, not research program. CU is heads and shoulders above Baylor in research output, which ARWU prioritizes so highly it puts a hefty amount of it's rankings into how many pubs a school specifically has in Nature and Science (which is, by the way, the reason so many people at Berkeley and Stanford - and I assume other places, but haven't worked at others - think little of the ARWU).
USNWR can suck my balls.

**** bailer.

Has CU gone up? I want to say it was like 10K a year before, that’s not that much.

I didn't realize USNWR was still around. I used to read it in high school back in the late 70's.

I didn't realize USNWR was still around. I used to read it in high school back in the late 70's.
For better or worse it's still the most read ranking metric by high schoolers making college decisions. It has a plethora of issues, like most ranking systems.

That's the case 100% of the time, in my experience.
If it's not clear enough, I was accepted to both. Berkeley was the no brainer (obviously not to say there's not plenty of exceptional people in the field at SU). Evolutionary biology/ paleobiology, if you want to look up rankings or program details for yourself.

I applied to neither for undergrad and wouldn't have stood a chance in hell of getting in. My undergrad came down to CU, Baylor, or UT. I chose Baylor because cost of living was cheap (I was working full-time to support myself) and it was closest to family (Dad wasn't doing too good).

I thought touching was voluntary, BEING touched was expected.
You are correct.

Mandatory class for freshman girls. HMS 1003 How to consent by saying no, don't, and I don't want to.
About the only thing that you ever hear about USNWR is their college rankings, they have made an entire business out of it.

Honestly wonder if the publication would still exist if not for the money generated by their college ranking publications.

That said at the same time it seems as if more and more schools have gotten themselves wrapped up playing the USNWR game. Like any other broad ranking system theirs can be manipulated. How many of the schools are making decisions based on the impact on their rankings in this publication? How many are giving them false data to achieve this? Much easier for private institutions to do that since they aren't subject to governmental reporting and audit controls. They also have a bigger stake in doing so since for them enrollment is critical.

I have been seeing a lot of posts about bailer in the basketball forum and not seeing the appropriate curses so I decided to bump this thread before the tournament starts.

Please remember it is proper etiquette to insert the phrase "**** bailer" after the fourth consecutive mention of bailer without the curse. For example.

Poster 1 : Man it looks like bailer is going to be a 1 seed.
Poster 2: That's only if bailer can beat the Jayhawks* in the Big 12 championship.
Poster 1: I dont think bailer has played against a defense that strong all year so we shall see.
Poster 3 [BANNED]: I bet big on that game I hope bailer wins.
Poster 1: What the ****??? **** bailer!

* it can also be polite to insert a "**** the jayhawks" after any reference as well.

The rule of four is formal etiquette, but remember it should be considered a minimum courtesy and additional curses are always welcome. For example.

Poster 1 : Man it looks like bailer is going to be a 1 seed.
Poster 2: **** bailer!
Poster 3: **** bailer!
Poster 2: **** bailer!
Poster 1: **** bailer!

This is important so we never forget how much we hate bailer. If you need any help remembering please see this.

1615493300005.png

Thanks for your attention and

**** bailer!
F U C K bailer!
@f***bailer

Last edited:
Back