What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bret Bielema - NY Giants OLB coach, former Arkansas HC

Why don’t we just put a whole bunch of failed coaches on a piece of paper throw them into a hat and whoever Rick pulls out first wins. Coaching searches drive me crazy with all the mediocre names that come up. Is the AD really looking for a championship caliber coach? I seriously wonder.

Altitude radio is talking its BB. Kind of said braking news, but stepped it back
Side note: Harris is a dumb ****!

better yet can someone changed it from Brett to Bert
giphy.gif

I'm not dismissing anyone out of hand.

Bielema does win at a good clip. Arkansas was a mess post-Petrino and the SEC West is a beast.

I do like the style of football he likes to play as a fit for CU. I do like Wisconsin's program as a blueprint. I'll come around if this ends up being the hire RG makes.

Here is my biggest positive for Bielema: He's undefeated against nebraska. In fact, I think bringing him here might combine the nublets two biggest nightmares into one never ending night of misery.

Seriously, the single most enjoyment I can remember from watching NU lose to a team that wasn't CU happened when Bielema was coaching the other team. I can't help but smile thinking about it even now.

You gotta trust RG, seems like this might be the guy. Not the sexiest pick. The trigger would be EB withdrawing. His people aren’t gonna let CU hire without him announcing he’s not interested.

Don't really like a guy who admitted he wasn't happy with the resources at place with more resources than we probably have, but I'll give RG the benefit of the doubt if he goes this way.

Don't really like a guy who admitted he wasn't happy with the resources at place with more resources than we probably have, but I'll give RG the benefit of the doubt if he goes this way.
Sometimes failure can make you better recognize what a good thing you had before. I kinda like a guy succeeding at a place fairly similarly positioned as CU (then, not now - recall the B1G was lagging a bit at that time), and then failing someplace where he had everything he thought he wanted/needed.

I guess I don't dislike this potential candidate as much as I initially did.

I'm also enjoying thinking about all the times I've said to NU fan "I think Wisconsin just scored again," which is probably coloring my thinking a bit.

Do we know that the public statement is the real reason he wasn't happy at Wisconsin? I could see the real reason having been that he didn't like that it was Alvarez's program and the real authority was always going to go through Barry for anything he wanted to do with the team. Resources seems like a weak excuse since there weren't any problems winning within how the program was managed. I have always suspected that the real issue there was ego.

Out of all the candidates on the board, I predict BB would influence the most transfers out of CU by players currently in the roster or soon to be on the roster.

Do we know that the public statement is the real reason he wasn't happy at Wisconsin? I could see the real reason having been that he didn't like that it was Alvarez's program and the real authority was always going to go through Barry for anything he wanted to do with the team. Resources seems like a weak excuse since there weren't any problems winning within how the program was managed. I have always suspected that the real issue there was ego.

You're probably right-especially given Andersen (who IIRC succeeded him at Wiscy) had one of his people leak or either said it himself IIRC that he was leaving for Corvallis because he was micromanaged by Alvarez

As an aside, it's fascinating how much our opinions of coaches can change. I remember thinking it was an absolute coup when Arkansas got Bielema and I was shocked he left Wisconsin. That doesn't mean anything on whether he was good then or good now. Just a comment about how wildly opinions about coaches swing. This feeds the "get it while you can" attitude that coaches have with their contracts and it's totally understandable.

Sometimes failure can make you better recognize what a good thing you had before. I kinda like a guy succeeding at a place fairly similarly positioned as CU (then, not now - recall the B1G was lagging a bit at that time), and then failing someplace where he had everything he thought he wanted/needed.

I guess I don't dislike this potential candidate as much as I initially did.

I'm also enjoying thinking about all the times I've said to NU fan "I think Wisconsin just scored again," which is probably coloring my thinking a bit.
You learn more from losing than you do from winning. That goes for the players you have and hopefully the coaching you suck at At the time. Think about that guy who coaches the Patriots when he was at the Browns and some other places before.

You learn more from losing than you do from winning. That goes for the players you have and hopefully the coaching you suck at At the time. Think about that guy who coaches the Patriots when he was at the Browns and some other places before.

Good point. Tom Brady is known to be the dumbest player in the NFL. /s

Not my first choice...in fact he wasn't on my radar...but I trust RG. I personally don't like him, IDK why, but who cares if he wins. Hell...I'd take Solich if it meant 9-10 win seasons every year.

This guy would definitely use CU as a stepping stone. Pass
I think so too, I think RG is going to have a little PTSD after what just happened.
You never know whats going to happen obviously, but I wonder how RG and LC approach this with our new candidates.

I’m not in favor of Bielema, it I honestly don’t care if the next coach sees us as a stepping stone. Every job is a stepping stone. The NFL could come calling and Swinney, Orgeron and Saban would all take the call. That’s the reality of the situation.

Back