What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there!
With my 8yo (his first football game) and wife.
Also, my sister and brother-n-law who are TCU alum and their 2 sons.
Spider_Man_meme.jpg

I was listening to the new podcast through The Athletic called “Until Saturday” and they among the conversation was “who’s the next 2022 TCU” and one of them made an aside that TCU was going to murder CU in week one, make the Prime hype come back down to earth and open CU fans’ eyes to what this season is actually going to be.

With all the attention he and CU have received over the past 8 months, you would think that national CFB analysts would have done a bit more research into what’s actually going on here. CU may lose to TCU in week one, but this is going to be a highly competitive team that is going to open some eyes, IMO

After watching the DNVR podcast yesterday, I'm officially injecting the kool-aid into my veins. We are 4-0 going into the USC game. At worst 3-1.
15-0!

In all seriousness, I’m stuck between believing that realistic expectations should be 4-6 wins, and that Prime can’t be foolish enough to constantly be parading the “we’re going to win” hype, which pulls me toward 8+

15-0!

In all seriousness, I’m stuck between believing that realistic expectations should be 4-6 wins, and that Prime can’t be foolish enough to constantly be parading the “we’re going to win” hype, which pulls me toward 8+
I understand the cautious optimism.I'm thinking eight. I think, even us,might underestimate how good shedeur sanders is. The next question would be the O-line. I think the offense covers for many deficiencies and isn't predicated on 1on1 matchups. With how fast this offense moves we are going make teams wish they are five deep at every position.

The Defense is the next and probably the biggest question. I think back to 2016 and how thin our interior d-line was. I also think about how effective the Dline was an Jimmie Gilbert having over 10 sacks. A lot of that success can be attributed to how good our secondary was, allowing more time to get to the QB.

We are deeper in the secondary and more talented fom top to bottom, imo. Hopefully it all comes together.

Needle GIF by X Ambassadors

I understand the cautious optimism.I'm thinking eight. I think, even us,might underestimate how good shedeur sanders is. The next question would be the O-line. I think the offense covers for many deficiencies and isn't predicated on 1on1 matchups. With how fast this offense moves we are going make teams wish they are five deep at every position.

The Defense is the next and probably the biggest question. I think back to 2016 and how thin our interior d-line was. I also think about how effective the Dline was an Jimmie Gilbert having over 10 sacks. A lot of that success can be attributed to how good our secondary was, allowing more time to get to the QB.

We are deeper in the secondary and more talented fom top to bottom, imo. Hopefully it all comes together.

Needle GIF by X Ambassadors
I agree that we have a Secondary that, in some combination, can be every bit as good as Awuzie, Spoon, Oliver, Lagunda and Thompson. I also think we are deeper at Edge that we’ve been in decades and think that there are going to be multiple guys on the interior who will surprise. My biggest question is actually LB where I’m unsure about talent and depth beyond Bentley and Kennedy. If those two stay healthy, I think the defense has a chance to be great.

I agree that we have a Secondary that, in some combination, can be every bit as good as Awuzie, Spoon, Oliver, Lagunda and Thompson. I also think we are deeper at Edge that we’ve been in decades and think that there are going to be multiple guys on the interior who will surprise. My biggest question is actually LB where I’m unsure about talent and depth beyond Bentley and Kennedy. If those two stay healthy, I think the defense has a chance to be great.
Jeremiah Brown will be in the ILB equation as well. But he's new to the position, afaik.

I just booked a flight for the game. I fly into Dallas Friday night and leave Saturday night.
I plan to be at the game at least 2 hours early for a little tailgating.
Are there any festivities going on other than strutting around in my CU gear?

I just booked a flight for the game. I fly into Dallas Friday night and leave Saturday night.
I'm pretty sure DNVR is having a tailgate.

I'm pretty sure DNVR is having a tailgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back