What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs will beat TCU on Sep 2

baldeagle

Before you trash me, hear me out. Who had the worst defense in college football in 2022? The Buffs. Who had the 91st ranked defense? TCU. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2022-team-defense.html

TCU won games last year by outscoring their opponents not by stopping their opponents. Look what Georgia did to them. They couldn't stop Georgia's offense, but they also couldn't score against Georgia's defense. Look at how they beat Michigan in the semi - by outscoring them. They gave up 45 points in that game. Georgia scored 20 more but that's because they kept stopping TCU's offense giving them more time to score.

They're not going to outscore the Buffs. Last year, the Buffs gave up 38 points to TCU while scoring only 13. The Buffs defense will be dramatically improved. Meanwhile, TCU has done very little to improve its defense. But the Buffs offense is also dramatically improved. TCU gave up 4.3 yards per carry last year. Imagine struggling to stop the run in a Shedeur Sanders-led offense. Pick your poison.

The Buffs OL and DL are both dramatically improved, and both will have an impact on the game.

OL: Gerad Christian-Lichtenhan 6'10" 315, Isaiah Jatta 6'6" 310, Savion Washington 6'6" 320, Tyler Brown 6'#" 320, Jack Wilty 6'4" 310, Van Wells 6'2" 290, Jack Seavell 6'7" 285, Ben Reznik 6'6" 290, Carter Edward 6'6" 280 The O line is much bigger than last year, and more talented.

Forget what the pundits are saying. Colorado will go 3-0 in the first quarter of their season. Yes, I said it. They will beat TCU, come home and beat Nebraska and Colorado State. But you don't have to believe me. Just watch the games. I'm not calling the rest of their schedule until I watch them play.

Before you trash me, hear me out. Who had the worst defense in college football in 2022? The Buffs. Who had the 91st ranked defense? TCU. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2022-team-defense.html

TCU won games last year by outscoring their opponents not by stopping their opponents. Look what Georgia did to them. They couldn't stop Georgia's offense, but they also couldn't score against Georgia's defense. Look at how they beat Michigan in the semi - by outscoring them. They gave up 45 points in that game. Georgia scored 20 more but that's because they kept stopping TCU's offense giving them more time to score.

They're not going to outscore the Buffs. Last year, the Buffs gave up 38 points to TCU while scoring only 13. The Buffs defense will be dramatically improved. Meanwhile, TCU has done very little to improve its defense. But the Buffs offense is also dramatically improved. TCU gave up 4.3 yards per carry last year. Imagine struggling to stop the run in a Shedeur Sanders-led offense. Pick your poison.

The Buffs OL and DL are both dramatically improved, and both will have an impact on the game.

OL: Gerad Christian-Lichtenhan 6'10" 315, Isaiah Jatta 6'6" 310, Savion Washington 6'6" 320, Tyler Brown 6'#" 320, Jack Wilty 6'4" 310, Van Wells 6'2" 290, Jack Seavell 6'7" 285, Ben Reznik 6'6" 290, Carter Edward 6'6" 280 The O line is much bigger than last year, and more talented.

Forget what the pundits are saying. Colorado will go 3-0 in the first quarter of their season. Yes, I said it. They will beat TCU, come home and beat Nebraska and Colorado State. But you don't have to believe me. Just watch the games. I'm not calling the rest of their schedule until I watch them play.
I think there is a path to your prognostication
I also think this approach to having a completely new team is the best way to succeed.
It is not easy as a coach, but if you can get buy-in, you can do amazing things with a focused group
I do think it takes 2-3 years for a full uptake and a possible championship run, but CU and Prime have every advantage to get this done, and they have a super motivated group, but leadership and no distractions are a must. Nobody crosses Prime, and nobody wants to let him down, so watching this thing come together will be amazing!

I am bullish on how good this can be, and the contrast on the path that we were on, honestly makes me feel like we would be looking at moving to the AAC instead of back to the BIG12, cause we were heading for G5 for sure with Kardboard still around.

If you want to know what kind of player Prime is attracing, watch this documentary about Travis Hunter. These aren't just good players. They're dedicated to their craft AND they are quality personalities that aren't motivated by greed. They love to play football, and they love to win. I'm 75, and Prime makes e want to pu on pads and go hit somebody. What do you think he inspires in these kids? Trust me. They will out perform predictions by a wide margin.

There You Go Spirit GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

I'm expecting a a 2-1 start or better which both wins would be at home and I have been on the fence about 3-0 but I think it's doable.

Shedeur Sanders is just going to be a big improvement at QB and Sean Lewis as the OC is going to be a big improvement as well. As long as the O stays on the field, the defense should be better as well.

II don't know if you'd call it official, but this simulation by SG1 Sports 2 has the Buffs improving on last year by one point, which is a joke. Dimer has tCU at +22 and Fanduel has them at +10. Neither prediction takes into account that Colorado has changed drastically and TCU has not. To think that the score will be the same as last year is profoundly stupid.

TCU will still be smarting from the whooping Georgia laid on them, and they've lost some key players, not least at QB. They have no idea the steamroller that is heading their way.

II don't know if you'd call it official, but this simulation by SG1 Sports 2 has the Buffs improving on last year by one point, which is a joke. Dimer has tCU at +22 and Fanduel has them at +10. Neither prediction takes into account that Colorado has changed drastically and TCU has not. To think that the score will be the same as last year is profoundly stupid.

TCU will still be smarting from the whooping Georgia laid on them, and they've lost some key players, not least at QB. They have no idea the steamroller that is heading their way.
TornOccasionalAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

Shedeur Sanders is just going to be a big improvement at QB and Sean Lewis as the OC is going to be a big improvement as well. As long as the O stays on the field, the defense should be better as well.
The offense will not be on the field long. Their deisigned to move and score fast. It's up to the defense to get off the field, because the offense isn't going to help them. They're not designed to be a grind-it-out type offense. Theiy're designed to be a quick strike offense that plays and scores fast.

If you want to know what the Buffs will look like this fall, watch this video. Kent State lost to Georgia last year 39-22. TCU lost to them 65-7. TCU is Power 5. Kent State is not. That should tell you something about th ecoaching talent that Prime has installed.

If you want to know how Shedeur will do in this offsnse watch this. But they don't just have Shedeur. They have Jimmy Horn, Jr. They have Travis Hunter. They have Alton McCaskill and now Sy'veon Wilkerson. They are going to tear up defenses.

The offense will not be on the field long. Their deisigned to move and score fast. It's up to the defense to get off the field, because the offense isn't going to help them. They're not designed to be a grind-it-out type offense. Theiy're designed to be a quick strike offense that plays and scores fast.

If you want to know what the Buffs will look like this fall, watch this video. Kent State lost to Georgia last year 39-22. TCU lost to them 65-7. TCU is Power 5. Kent State is not. That should tell you something about th ecoaching talent that Prime has installed.

If you want to know how Shedeur will do in this offsnse watch this. But they don't just have Shedeur. They have Jimmy Horn, Jr. They have Travis Hunter. They have Alton McCaskill and now Sy'veon Wilkerson. They are going to tear up defenses.

Took a look at the play by play for the KSU-UGA game. UGA played a sloppy game with three turnovers especially with two around the Kent State 35-40 yard line and they shot themselves in the foot in the redzone. I would not put much stock in that game. I do agree that Kent State punched above its weight under Sean Lewis though but I'd not get too carried away in this case. An offense that can move up and down the field would be a big improvement over what CU has had of late.

IMO, CU needs more bodies in the QB room. Four QBs aren't going to be enough and we need a transfer QB who could step in just in case Shedeur gets banged up. That might mean OC Lewis might have to hold back the offense this season. The type of zone read football that OC Lewis runs is very much like what I run in football videogames even in the NFL version and I had to carry no less than three QBs on the NFL roster and sometimes I'd go to four because of the beating it put on my QBs. I know videogame football isn't the same as real life football but it does provide tangible data.

Again, we are one hit away from having to go to a freshman QB at this point.

Took a look at the play by play for the KSU-UGA game. UGA played a sloppy game with three turnovers especially with two around the Kent State 35-40 yard line and they shot themselves in the foot in the redzone. I would not put much stock in that game. I do agree that Kent State punched above its weight under Sean Lewis though but I'd not get too carried away in this case. An offense that can move up and down the field would be a big improvement over what CU has had of late.

IMO, CU needs more bodies in the QB room. Four QBs aren't going to be enough and we need a transfer QB who could step in just in case Shedeur gets banged up. That might mean OC Lewis might have to hold back the offense this season. The type of zone read football that OC Lewis runs is very much like what I run in football videogames even in the NFL version and I had to carry no less than three QBs on the NFL roster and sometimes I'd go to four because of the beating it put on my QBs. I know videogame football isn't the same as real life football but it does provide tangible data.

I've seen a lot of talk about bringing in a backup QB, but is there anyone even remotely interesting left in the portal?

Prior to Prime coming to Colorado, I paid very little attention to college ball. Usually, I would watch a game here or there if it interested me, but even national championship games weren't always interesting enough to grab my attention. (I love the NFL and watch games all the time.) Now, I'm on a Colorado Buffs message board discussing a game that won't even be played until September.

Each day I get my Buffs fix by going on Youtube and watching Thee Pregame Show, Well Off Media, and Reach the People Media as well as some others. Each day I search for "Colorado football news today" to keep up with the latest news about Colorado. And I'm not alone. Not by a long shot.

What does that tell you? It ought to tell you that Deion Sanders is a different cat. Everything he touches turns to gold. And not some time in the future. The moment he gets involved. Some of you don't understand what you have. You're thinking along the lines of traditional football. Get a good coach. Start builidng an atmosphere. Win some games. Improve next year. Eventually got to a bowl game. That AINT Deion.

Deion is a change agent. What you are witnessing is a revolution in college football that will turn it upside down. In his first full year at Jackson State he won 12 games. Second year, 12 games. Undefeated in the conference.

What makes you think this will be any different? It's Power 5? Please1

If you're a betting man, put your money on Deion. It's the safest investment you could make.

DId UGA play a sloppy game? Or did KS give them all they could handle? Sometimes sloppy games are the result of good defense.

QBs take a beating behind bad offensive lines. Behind good ones, they feast. Has Shedeur ever been injured? He left a game once after a hard hit and got admonished by his coach for not sliding, but he was back the next week, and the game he got hit in was already won by that point.

I don't think you ned to worry about the QB room,. The caoches know what they're doing. It's time to realize this is a different breed of team. All the coaches are top notch., The players are handpicked. They are going to ball out this fall, and the line play will be far beyond your expectations.

Im telling you, all the experts are looking at CU as a normal football team with a new coach. There aint nothin normal about this group.

Im telling you, all the experts are looking at CU as a normal football team with a new coach. There aint nothin normal about this group.
When you have a completely new staff and 67 (and counting) new players, all predictions based on last year's performance are irrelevant.

Back