What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs will beat TCU on Sep 2

We talking about the guy who completes under 60% of his passes and wasn't in the top 100 in QBR last season?
Yeah, CU will face much better QBs. All I’m saying is that he has the tools and showed flashes. There are people who felt that the coaching staff at Georgia Tech did him no favors in his development. I don’t see him much differently than former Husker QB Martinez, who also had the tools, showed flashes, but had a terrible coaching staff and was mistake prone.

They lost their #1 QB only because he was destined to be their #2 QB. That's a gain, not a loss.

I think the roster turnover is less meaningful than a roster that has a new coaching staff. This is true for both teams.
Nubs hired pretty respected OC and DC. I think their depth on both lines will be shaky, and I'm not a believer in their OL coach.
Rhule will get them back to bowl eligible soon enough.

I'm more worried about CSU who will be in year 2. Its their super bowl and they will come to play.
Too easy of a game for our guys to overlook being the middle game between TCU, Nubs, Oregon and USC.
We will see what sort of leadership we have.

The first 5 games are absolutely a brutal way to break in a new staff and system.
CSU only worries me in an intangible, anything can happen kind of way, but there isn’t anything tangible that would suggest CSU will be able to hang with the talent and coaching brought in at CU.

Fading CSU last year was about as profitable as fading CU. They were awful.

Yeah, CU will face much better QBs. All I’m saying is that he has the tools and showed flashes. There are people who felt that the coaching staff at Georgia Tech did him no favors in his development. I don’t see him much differently than former Husker QB Martinez, who also had the tools, showed flashes, but had a terrible coaching staff and was mistake prone.
Please be more specific.

Please be more specific.
UntriedTightHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

I started this thread on June 11 and stated.
Forget what the pundits are saying. Colorado will go 3-0 in the first quarter of their season. Yes, I said it. They will beat TCU, come home and beat Nebraska and Colorado State. But you don't have to believe me. Just watch the games. I'm not calling the rest of their schedule until I watch them play.

Now I'm going to gloat.

Alright slapdick, now that you’ve seen them play, call the rest of their schedule.
Normally, when someone insults me, I don't respond. However, I'm sure there are others in this thread that want to hear my answer, so I'll state it.

We now have enough evidence to say that both lines, offense, and defense, are discouragingly weak although they have been resilient and they continue to fight hard throughout the game.

The key to this game is Colorado's defense and turnovers. Oregon will not be able to stop CU from scoring, so the winner of the game will be decided by how well CU's defense plays and which team wins the turnover battle. So far, CU has won that battle.

There is no doubt that Oregon will test CU with crossing routes since CSU was so successful with those. Will the CU defense have an answer? Oregon could easily score multiple touchdowns using crossing routes if CU can't find a way to stop it.

I think it's possible we may see Alton McCaskill in this game. I think Prime has held him out in anticipation of adding him to the mix for conference play. So far, Dylan Edwards is the only running back enjoying any success, which is surprising given the talent in that room. McCaskill could be a difference maker. If he can have success running the ball, that will create pressure on the Oregon defense forcing them out of their desired formation to defend the pass. With Shedeur at quarterback, that's playing with fire.

I think it will be a high-scoring game and a close game, similar to the TCU game. I think CU will win a nail-biter. Oregon is very tough at home, but there is precedent for them losing to a double-digit underdog at home. Will they take Colorado seriously? If they don't, they will lose. Never bet against Prime.

Normally, when someone insults me, I don't respond. However, I'm sure there are others in this thread that want to hear my answer, so I'll state it.

We now have enough evidence to say that both lines, offense, and defense, are discouragingly weak although they have been resilient and they continue to fight hard throughout the game.

The key to this game is Colorado's defense and turnovers. Oregon will not be able to stop CU from scoring, so the winner of the game will be decided by how well CU's defense plays and which team wins the turnover battle. So far, CU has won that battle.

There is no doubt that Oregon will test CU with crossing routes since CSU was so successful with those. Will the CU defense have an answer? Oregon could easily score multiple touchdowns using crossing routes if CU can't find a way to stop it.

I think it's possible we may see Alton McCaskill in this game. I think Prime has held him out in anticipation of adding him to the mix for conference play. So far, Dylan Edwards is the only running back enjoying any success, which is surprising given the talent in that room. McCaskill could be a difference maker. If he can have success running the ball, that will create pressure on the Oregon defense forcing them out of their desired formation to defend the pass. With Shedeur at quarterback, that's playing with fire.

I think it will be a high-scoring game and a close game, similar to the TCU game. I think CU will win a nail-biter. Oregon is very tough at home, but there is precedent for them losing to a double-digit underdog at home. Will they take Colorado seriously? If they don't, they will lose. Never bet against Prime.
Good analysis and I hope you're right, slapdick

Still think it is fair to say that we are owed Slapdick's thoughts on the remainder of the schedule. Not just the next game. That is what was promised in the original post.

C'mon Slapdick, Allbuffs turns its lonely eyes to you.

Back