What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

The phrase is much older than three weeks in the Black community…
Dude, I don’t think you’re understanding my question. I recognize the phrase has been around for a long time. I recognize its origin. I recognize it’s a phrase in the black community.

What I do not understand is why in the year of our lord 2024, week 4 of college football, it started making the rounds on social media? Why have I not heard it up until then?

Dude, I don’t think you’re understanding my question. I recognize the phrase has been around for a long time. I recognize its origin. I recognize it’s a phrase in the black community.

What I do not understand is why in the year of our lord 2024, week 4 of college football, it started making the rounds on social media? Why have I not heard it up until then?
Asked and answered. I think you don’t understand the answer.

It is because people who grow up with corporal punishment fetishize pain and dominance. The beatings on the field have been akin to disciplining insolent children. It is uncomplicated.

May I commend to you a read that may help your understanding.

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire. Just as a single sick person can start an epidemic of the flu, so too can a small but precisely targeted push cause a fashion trend, the popularity of a new product, or a drop in the crime rate

You guys can tell @Bread you don't know. It's ok.

Bread, I don't know what the specific trigger was.
The Office Thank You GIF

I think the phrase got more popular in the sports world last year when Patrick Beverly started using it. He has a podcast on Barstool with a white battle rapper, so that could explain why lots of young to middle aged white dudes started using it more recently. I'm guessing that was the "tipping point."

Because whites are typically YEARS behind the black and gay communities when it comes to turns of phrase, slang, jargon, etc.

Back