What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

Big Iron Buff

Club Member
Club Member
Thought I'd start a catch all thread for good Buff social media going forward, as it's clear Coach Prime values it for recruiting, player and coach promotion, etc. This is from his son Deion Jr's social media, Coach Prime meeting with the team for the first time and fielding questions. I think one of the things I respect most about him is he doesn't pull punches and is sometimes brutally honest, but does it in a way that is consistent and provides insight into how you can meet expectations. Made it pretty clear that he's not keeping everyone, that they have to earn it, and that complacency within the program has let themselves and others down. It'll be interesting to see how the kids in the program will respond.

Thought I'd start a catch all thread for good Buff social media going forward, as it's clear Coach Prime values it for recruiting, player and coach promotion, etc. This is from his son Deion Jr's social media, Coach Prime meeting with the team for the first time and fielding questions. I think one of the things I respect most about him is he doesn't pull punches and is sometimes brutally honest, but does it in a way that is consistent and provides insight into how you can meet expectations. Made it pretty clear that he's not keeping everyone, that they have to earn it, and that complacency within the program has let themselves and others down. It'll be interesting to see how the kids in the program will respond.

I hadn't seen that this was posted elsewhere in one of the 69,420 other threads going on right now, my bad. I still think this will be a good place to drop all the cool social media stuff.

Here is one of them coming in last night as well. It's cool that we're going to get a lot of behind the scene stuff out of the program going forward, which is a breath of fresh air considering how protected all of that has been in the past. Gets people involved, helps casual and new fans feel closer to the program quickly, as well as prospective recruits and transfers. Amazing how fast things are changing.

HO LEE S**T. Some terrified faces in that auditorium.

I'm thinking that complaints about food are over. High quality fuel that allows you to load up without being stuffed because it doesn't have all the fat, sugar & salt you're used to may not be how they're used to eating... but this is how elite athletes eat, not Thanksgiving fvcking dinner.

Coach Prime's Tour of Facilities

I know most have likely seen this, but adding it here as well. For those who have watched the team meeting I think it helps explain Coach's undressing of the current players. You can just feel him thinking what his JSU players would make of those advantages, and how his players will have to earn them.
I think it's like what he hated about the NFL and would never want to coach there.

Too many guys who don't love it acting like they made it instead of looking at the opportunity and feeling obligated by the investment made in them.

At the college level, he can clear those complacent, entitled guys out of his universe.

Love it.

That is a Division One Coach!

That’s quite a shift from, let’s have joy Sanford approach. Some will respond well to this, others are probably looking at options. It would be scary to go to the portal, but that intro was intimidating by just having the film crew there.

Different styles and personalities can win. Part of that meeting was being clear about the new culture. Some guys who are good players won't fit and leave to have success elsewhere. There will also be blue chip recruits and transfers we turn down due to cultural fit. That's a good thing.

That’s quite a shift from, let’s have joy Sanford approach. Some will respond well to this, others are probably looking at options. It would be scary to go to the portal, but that intro was intimidating by just having the film crew there.
Sanford’s approach is also from a wildly different time with a set of goals that are removed from what a shift in permanent management seeks to accomplish. The function of interim leaders is foremost to stop the bleeding and salvage as much morale as possible. Larger structural changes require buy-in from everyone involved and that only can occur after some level of stability and moral exists.

Ya'll have to give Sanford and the players a break.

Sanford was taking over a broken group of players, many who went through Tucker debacle, COVID and KD debacle, and a mass transfer last year.

They needed some joy when he took over.

Sanford was taking over a broken group of players, many who went through Tucker debacle, COVID and KD debacle, and a mass transfer last year.

Meanwhile the rest of the country moved on and kept their programs in good working order. A lot of money put in to a program that shouldn't have been failing as it was. These kids aren't in highschool anymore.

Yeah, this isn’t an either/or situation. Sanford wasn’t starting from the beginning of the year, he was trying to salvage what he could from a dead season. I’m perfectly fine with how he handled it, knowing full well that that **** would never fly with a permanent coach who was trying to build a program. Those kids have had a rough few years and may not have a future here. Let them have some fun before they head out the door.

I wasn’t trying to criticize Sanford too much, just contrasting the styles and message. Sander’s speech immediately after KD left would have been disastrous.

Sanders and staff need to build a plan, and execute installation of a system and identity. That speech sets the tone, but time will show how effectively they can do that. Recruiting has definitely started out with a bang, and every player currently on the roster is on notice that they may be recruited over.

Sanford couldn’t do that mid season even if he wanted to. Riley has shown how quickly a roster can turn in this new portal era. I don’t think CU takes a risk on Sanders if Riley hadn’t demonstrated what’s possible. It will be interesting to see what happens at all of the top programs.

Motivational speaker.

Canadian Agree GIF by CBC

As a fan this aspect is going to be awesome. We've been dealing with closed practices for years. Coach Prime is going in the complete opposite direction. We are going to see speeches, hear from players, see practices, even have full docuseries make. It's going to be a great time to be a Buffs fan!

giphy.gif

Back