What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

Not that KD would have had the success as Prime with similar rules in place, but KD was following the handcuffed rules given to him by PD and RG. Prime doesn't come here if Saliman doesn't remove those handcuffs and provide actual institutional support.

If I'm KD, I'm shrugging off that my situation was different while giving a nod to Prime being Prime and delivering something in recruiting KD could never have done regardless of the lack of handcuffs. Not many could.
I’m not sure that I would give KD a pass on the handcuffs. He’s been a head coach before and he knew (should have known) how limiting the transfer restrictions would be. Maybe his NFL time made this assessment harder? He should have advocated for easing those restrictions as a prerequisite for him accepting the job. Maybe the money is big enough that he was ok taking a job that he knew he couldn’t be successful in? I don’t understand why he wouldn’t have used his pulpit as HC to advocate for those changes. Seemed defeatist.

This impressed the heck out of me. CP benching 245 - 6 times. There are some coaches who think he's more flash than substance. This should give them pause. Every coach in the country will watch this.

This impressed the heck out of me. CP benching 245 - 6 times. There are some coaches who think he's more flash than substance. This should give them pause. Every coach in the country will watch this.

with the overcoat!

but seriously, what the holy hell was with the narration?

Last edited:

I'm not following you on how Sanders' weight lifting prowess impacts whether or not he's "more flash than substance" as a coach.

I'm not following you on how Sanders' weight lifting prowess impacts whether or not he's "more flash than substance" as a coach.
It shows he is very serious in his approach to life and that he has great discipline and focus. You don't lift that much, unless you have a commitment to high performance. It also shows his players just how tough he is.
You'll have to ask someone else how that might translate to being a better coach. To me it's common sense.

I said "more flash than substance", you added the "as a coach". So, you are challenging me on a statement I didn't make. This isn't the 1st time Hokie.

It shows he is very serious in his approach to life and that he has great discipline and focus. You don't lift that much, unless you have a commitment to high performance. It also shows his players just how tough he is.
You'll have to ask someone else how that might translate to being a better coach. To me it's common sense.

I said "more flash than substance", you added the "as a coach". So, you are challenging me on a statement I didn't make. This isn't the 1st time Hokie.
It shows he has great discipline and focus for working out. It doesn't generalize to everything in life, nor to career.

I know several people who train regularly, are in far better shape and more athletic than I am, and who do not excel at their jobs.

I think HCDS will excel as a coach here, i just don't see that his bench press is a leading indicator of that.

It shows he has great discipline and focus for working out. It doesn't generalize to everything in life, nor to career.

I know several people who train regularly, are in far better shape and more athletic than I am, and who do not excel at their jobs.

I think HCDS will excel as a coach here, i just don't see that his bench press is a leading indicator of that.
whatever

• Haha
Reactions: DBT
1. make an observation
2. make a claim this observation correlates to something completely unrelated
3. get challenged on that claim
4. "whatever"

I don't feel you're engaging in genuine discussion here.
1. falsely attribute a statement to someone, and then challenge them to defend it,

2. a standard ploy for sleazy lawyers the world over - put words in someone's mouth and then demand they explain them, and

3. when your duplicity is pointed out to you,

4. you ignore it and just repeat yourself.

I'm sorry, but you are stooping pretty low in your argument style.
The 'whatever' was my indication I didn't feel you were worth arguing with.'

Will you acknowledge this exchange is based on your falsehood? Likely not.

There's a common perception of Deion Sanders from the majority of the public that he is a ridiculously gifted and talented individual, with a massive, self centered ego, who was able to do what he did because of those gifts alone. I have non-CU fan friends who consistently refer to him as "Neon" when talking about CU, and Prime absolutely hates being called that.

The Boomer's take on his bench press might be a reach, but I do think he's correct in the idea that most people do believe he is more flash than substance, but in reality, he has shown time and time again on the field, as a coach, as a business man, as a marketer, his physical ability in his mid-50s, etc that he backs up the flash with plenty of substance.

1. falsely attribute a statement to someone, and then challenge them to defend it,

2. a standard ploy for sleazy lawyers the world over - put words in someone's mouth and then demand they explain them, and

3. when your duplicity is pointed out to you,

4. you ignore it and just repeat yourself.

I'm sorry, but you are stooping pretty low in your argument style.
The 'whatever' was my indication I didn't feel you were worth arguing with.'

Will you acknowledge this exchange is based on your falsehood? Likely not.
your claim was a suggestion and you're right to call me out for misbranding it as such. 100% fair if that's what #1 is getting at

I haver no idea what you're getting at with the rest.

agree this discussion isn't going anywhere. peace.

Another absolutely bizarre take.

damn. front page, 1st story

www.espn.com
"Colorado will sell tickets to the spring game this year for the first time since the 1970s. So far, more than 39,000 tickets have been sold or distributed. That crowd would be roughly double the highest-ever attended spring game in school history (17,800 in 2008), and it's possible Folsom Field could sell out at just over 50,000 capacity."

I haven't been to a spring game in years, probably a decade. This should be some light fun.

Nothing we haven't already heard before, but it's a good piece.

"I was here during those glory years," said university chancellor Phil DiStefano, then a professor in Colorado's school of education. "People from around the country, they weren't alumni but they were wearing Colorado apparel, whether it was Rashaan or Kordell Stewart. Now it's starting with the coach. He's started this transformation, this excitement."
**** you, Phil. ****. You

"Colorado will sell tickets to the spring game this year for the first time since the 1970s. So far, more than 39,000 tickets have been sold or distributed. That crowd would be roughly double the highest-ever attended spring game in school history (17,800 in 2008), and it's possible Folsom Field could sell out at just over 50,000 capacity."

I haven't been to a spring game in years, probably a decade. This should be some light fun.
and all general admission. What could wrong?

If the weather is nice, there could be a huge walk up crowd.

Back