What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

I just don't see Mike Martz as having a potential for success in CFB. I know his offense is prolific, but as I understand it, pretty damn complicated. With 20 hour a week practice limits, that would seem difficult to implement. IMO, the WCo suffers from the same problem, just not to the same degree.

Mora Jr. is also being mentioned for those jobs. I see him being a much better fit as an NFL transplant since he's younger and unlike Martz he doesn't have the charisma of a turnip.

From Luicci at Texags

-As all of this is going on, interest in the A&M job is skyrocketing. There are some huge names that have reached out over the past few days (monster names, in fact) but I'll refrain from posting those for now because this is what happens oftentimes when a top-15 job opens up. Right now, it's very difficult to tell who is serious and who is simply looking to leverage interest from A&M into more money from their current employer. That said, I'm keeping my feelers out there in case on of these "big fish" actually bites.

aggy being aggy

Wouldn't a program need to have won a national championship since WW2 to be considered a Top 15 job?

Aggy :lol:

I seem to recall there were people on this board who thought we should go after Jim Mora Jr.

The "hot name" coordinators don't seem to be getting much love this year. Where's the Gus Malzahns or Paul Chrysts this year? LSU or Bama Dcoordinator?

Maybe I haven't watched enough college football this year, but there doesn't seem to me to be any up and comers, or young geniuses that have earned their shot to be a HC. Anybody else feel that way?

The "hot name" coordinators don't seem to be getting much love this year. Where's the Gus Malzahns or Paul Chrysts this year? LSU or Bama Dcoordinator?

Maybe I haven't watched enough college football this year, but there doesn't seem to me to be any up and comers, or young geniuses that have earned their shot to be a HC. Anybody else feel that way?

I saw Malzahn listed as a possible candidate at KU today. So yeah, tough year for hot coordinators... :lol:

I remember that somebody was looking at Chryst, but don't remember who. Somebody in the Big 10ish, I think...

Seems like every year there is the "fashionable" trend in hiring coaches. Some years it is big name coordinators, some years it is mid-major coaches or even FCS coaches, some years they go for retreads and others it is looking to NFL coaches and assistants.

Seems like this year the focus is on the mid-major coaches but we will have to wait to see how it all plays out.

Seems like every year there is the "fashionable" trend in hiring coaches. Some years it is big name coordinators, some years it is mid-major coaches or even FCS coaches, some years they go for retreads and others it is looking to NFL coaches and assistants.

Seems like this year the focus is on the mid-major coaches but we will have to wait to see how it all plays out.

In the west it is already playing out with the hiring of Leach at WSU and Rodriguez for Arizona. Seems like the year of the head coach retread.

Back