What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football 10/31

Okay, the SEC is good and Alabama is very good, but what in the world is going on with Mike Leach’s offense? After how they tuned up LSU, they should at least be able to put a point on the board.

tOSU has better athletes, coaches, and has had better classes. Harbaugh is suppose to be an elite coach and recruiter and he is not. He has enough talent to be right behind tOSU but he can't even do that. He is a terrible person and more suited for the NFL.
Harbaugh has been fine. He’s at the top of what Michigan should expect in this century. Michigan doesn’t cut corners on academics or player baggage. tOSU is willing to blur every line to get all dudes on campus. This cannot be understated in the current NCAAF landscape.

Harbaugh has been fine. He’s at the top of what Michigan should expect in this century. Michigan doesn’t cut corners on academics or player baggage. tOSU is willing to blur every line to get all dudes on campus. This cannot be understated in the current NCAAF landscape.

He does kind of have a pattern of 5-6 years per stop, and I kept hearing things about his act wearing thin at this point in his tenures with the Trees and Niners, I don't think they fire him-but I could see some sort of mutual separation there so he can go back to the NFL.

He does kind of have a pattern of 5-6 years per stop, and I kept hearing things about his act wearing thin at this point in his tenures with the Trees and Niners, I don't think they fire him-but I could see some sort of mutual separation there so he can go back to the NFL.
More of an issue at the pro level since college rosters turn over 100% every 5 years.

I do agree that the School itself will not bend like most Schools academically but they truly think they can have both worlds. Ultimately, they want and expect someone to be in national championship conversations along with the rigors of academics. Harbaugh is fine if he is winning (which he is doing ok, if you look at it on the outside) but the rivalry games are a big deal to UM and he is not up to those standards, so people are starting to turn on him. Its what happens when you are straight up doosh.

I do agree that the School itself will not bend like most Schools academically but they truly think they can have both worlds. Ultimately, they want and expect someone to be in national championship conversations along with the rigors of academics. Harbaugh is fine if he is winning (which he is doing ok, if you look at it on the outside) but the rivalry games are a big deal to UM and he is not up to those standards, so people are starting to turn on him. Its what happens when you are straight up doosh.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. UMich hasn’t had success against tOSU in decades. It’s no mistake that tOSU has been bending the rules that entire time.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. UMich hasn’t had success against tOSU in decades. It’s no mistake that tOSU has been bending the rules that entire time.
The Michigan people don't neccessarily expect them to be on an even par to tOSU but they expect results that are closer than they have been getting.

They want to at least sometimes beat the Buckeyes and losing to the Spartans isn't going to go over well.

Michigan doing a great job of running out the clock. Trouble is that they are down by two scores.

Those here criticizing Harbaugh have a point. He has severely underperformed his talent.

If I was motivated enough this year to do an other games thread the B1G would be providing a lot of content. Lots of stories there, most of them bad.

@MtnBuff so you're not doing the other games thread at all this season?

NIU, wtf are you doing? Kick the extra point, don't go for two down five with 25 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. You'll have plenty of time. Chasing points after you ran some sandlot bull**** is just dumb. They'll have to go for two again probably. They definitely will now, scoop and score for Buffalo.

@MtnBuff so you're not doing the other games thread at all this season?
No,

Sometimes I get a little urge but the season just isn't getting me motivated.

I enjoy looking at the key matchups and how they might impact conference races and the playoff spots and bowls. This year we don't even know if we will get that far and with games being cancelled left and right due to Covid everything is all out of balance.

The PAC is playing an abbreviated schedule assuming the teams actually play most of that. The local schools as well are a mess. AFA has a good chance at the CIC but other than that the interest isn't there.

CSU is so bad and so messed up that they aren't even fun to insult. Nebraska is a running joke but don't justify a thread each week and some of the other teams that usually invite ridicule aren't particularly inspiring.

With most of the small colleges not even playing that element is gone for the year as well and that is a part of the thread post I enjoy investigating.

Assuming we have a much more normal season next year the threads should be back. They are fun to do and I like a lot of the responses they get.

Back