What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Do you find his stance selfish in consideration of every teammate, coach, faculty, staff and student is being vaccinated to be able to create a campus environment where everyone is more safe & protected?

Help me understand what the issue is with getting vaccinated because I sincerely do not understand why a religion would be opposed.
“…antiabortion groups, are raising ethical objections to promising COVID-19 vaccine candidates that are manufactured using cells derived from human fetuses electively aborted decades ago.”

This is typically the reason. Problem is, not every Covid vaccine went this route, but that doesn’t mean people who are objecting to the vaccine are necessarily educating themselves on said vaccine.
There’s a lot of articles (written more recently) that discuss this as well.

I love toddlers, but I hate anti-vaxxers and Canada Geese, so this works for me.

Amazing that people on this site will even turn on CU's players over vaccine religion.

So pathetically judgmental - let's boot Brady Russell right off the team! I won't be surprised if some of the people here Russell him during home games because he won't get vaccinated.

Do you ever post anything that isn't just completely ignorant?

“…antiabortion groups, are raising ethical objections to promising COVID-19 vaccine candidates that are manufactured using cells derived from human fetuses electively aborted decades ago.”

This is typically the reason. Problem is, not every Covid vaccine went this route, but that doesn’t mean people who are objecting to the vaccine are necessarily educating themselves on said vaccine.
There’s a lot of articles (written more recently) that discuss this as well.
Thanks.

On a side note, isn't a lot of the material for fetal tissue research derived from miscarriage donations? So, are these same religious groups opposed to organ donation or donating our bodies to science? Probably so, since your article mentioned the Catholic Church. There's a belief in a full bodily resurrection and they are against cremation for the same reasons they would oppose this, I'd guess. It gets confusing with the whole "cell lines derived from" aspect of this, though.

Thanks.

On a side note, isn't a lot of the material for fetal tissue research derived from miscarriage donations? So, are these same religious groups opposed to organ donation or donating our bodies to science? Probably so, since your article mentioned the Catholic Church. There's a belief in a full bodily resurrection and they are against cremation for the same reasons they would oppose this, I'd guess. It gets confusing with the whole "cell lines derived from" aspect of this, though.

This has been heavily discussed on Catholic twitter and the idea that vaccines have been derived from aborted fetuses has been completely debunked.

Unfortunately, people believe what they want, and yes, there are some Catholics who believe that getting vaccinated is a sin because of the "aborted fetal tissue" lie.

BTW - it is no longer a no-no in the Catholic Church to be cremated, although the idea of scattering ashes is frowned upon, and they "advise" still interring cremated remains in somewhere like a cemetery.

Last edited:
Do you find his stance selfish in consideration of every teammate, coach, faculty, staff and student is being vaccinated to be able to create a campus environment where everyone is more safe & protected?

Help me understand what the issue is with getting vaccinated because I sincerely do not understand why a religion would be opposed.

Nik as someone with strong religious faith I agree with you that a religion based on moral principles related to the golden rule would have a hard time justifying the consequences of not being vaccinated.

I have a response for you that is more detailed but will put it in the Covid thread in the politics forum because it unfortunately moves that direction and thus doesn't fit in a college football forum.

Nik as someone with strong religious faith I agree with you that a religion based on moral principles related to the golden rule would have a hard time justifying the consequences of not being vaccinated.

I have a response for you that is more detailed but will put it in the Covid thread in the politics forum because it unfortunately moves that direction and thus doesn't fit in a college football forum.

Probably a good decision to move this part of the discussion off of the college football board. Not everyone wants to read us rambling on about this stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks.

Whoa. I can’t get into this type of discussion, ‘cause I don’t know. I was only responding to why people use “religion” as a reason (excuse). Like I mentioned at the end of my post, a lot tend to not get fully educated one the different vaccine versions/how the research was done/etc.
And yes, the pope did come out and say that vaccines were ok.

Amazing that people on this site will even turn on CU's players over vaccine religion.

So pathetically judgmental - let's boot Brady Russell right off the team! I won't be surprised if some of the people here Russell him during home games because he won't get vaccinated.
Ok questions for you, wtf are they supposed to do? If it's bull****, why are so many dying from it? It isn't, wish some of you assholes got in tune with that. Get it through your head, it's not just about you, but the people around you.

Russell isn’t being stupid, IMO. Just selfish. This is bigger than whatever hang ups he has.
Correct. It is completely understandable that A young, healthy, college athlete doesn’t want to take a vaccine that probably makes him feel worse than the actual virus would but with what he does for a “job” it is probably a good idea to get it.

Correct. It is completely understandable that A young, healthy, college athlete doesn’t want to take a vaccine that probably makes him feel worse than the actual virus would but with what he does for a “job” it is probably a good idea to get it.
It’s a competitive disadvantage to the team. Asymptomatic players have to sit, and others have to quarantine. Could be costly.

It’s a competitive disadvantage to the team. Asymptomatic players have to sit, and others have to quarantine. Could be costly.
Which brings up another conversation, if the majority of your team is vaccinated and there is an outbreak with covid, should players without symptoms even have to sit out?

I do not see any good religious justification to be an ant-vaxxer when the shots are to reduce the likehood you are going to die or have potential life altering changes to your health.

Back