What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

I saw a couple good points on this story yesterday:

1. It is unlikely the contract stipulates that the offense must average 25 PPG. Apparently the Iowa defense and special teams scored over 25% of team's touchdowns this past season.

2. Failing to reach that PPG threshold merely terminates the existing contract. It does not mean Ferentz will actually be fired.
I think a defense and ST accounting for that many points again is quite a long shot, and building a contract around that seems like a poor decision.

I've seen people make that distinction about the contract as well, but I don't think this amendment gets done if he is retained regardless of meeting those stipulations. The obvious tea leaves read as an AD and booster network who can't force Kirk to do anything, but have given an ultimatum that Kirk has agreed to.

I think a defense and ST accounting for that many points again is quite a long shot, and building a contract around that seems like a poor decision.

I've seen people make that distinction about the contract as well, but I don't think this amendment gets done if he is retained regardless of meeting those stipulations. The obvious tea leaves read as an AD and booster network who can't force Kirk to do anything, but have given an ultimatum that Kirk has agreed to.

Seems like it would be easy to research the median offensive PPG for P5 teams in 2022 and use that as the baseline.

On the second point, I think his days as OC would definitely be over if he fails to meet that standard. However, to me, it opens the door to his son coming back in another role. The whole situation is a farce.

I saw a couple good points on this story yesterday:

1. It is unlikely the contract stipulates that the offense must average 25 PPG. Apparently the Iowa defense and special teams scored over 25% of the team's touchdowns this past season.

2. Failing to reach that PPG threshold merely terminates the existing contract. It does not mean Ferentz will actually be fired.
This language sounds eerily similar to a wager made on this very message board.

Seems like it would be easy to research the median offensive PPG for P5 teams in 2022 and use that as the baseline.

On the second point, I think his days as OC would definitely be over if he fails to meet that standard. However, to me, it opens the door to his son coming back in another role. The whole situation is a farce.
He knows his son isn't getting another OC job anywhere at this point, so yes, I agree he could be brought back in a different capacity. I suppose this is Kirk flexing his muscles a little bit in order to give his son one more payday and potentially make a case to stay on.

He knows his son isn't getting another OC job anywhere at this point, so yes, I agree he could be brought back in a different capacity. I suppose this is Kirk flexing his muscles a little bit in order to give his son one more payday and potentially make a case to stay on.

The most amazing thing about this whole saga is that Iowa's schedule next year is dog ****:

Utah State
@ Iowa State
Western Michigan
@ Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
@ Wisconsin
Minnesota
@ Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
@ Nebraska

That is a schedule tailor-made for a run at the playoffs. With a good (not even great) offense, 10-2 is a good possibility. Instead, they might limp to 8-4 because of extreme nepotism. Not to mention, I can totally see some games where Ferentz runs up the score because this contract encourages it.

The most amazing thing about this whole saga is that Iowa's schedule next year is dog ****:

Utah State
@ Iowa State
Western Michigan
@ Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
@ Wisconsin
Minnesota
@ Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
@ Nebraska

That is a schedule tailor-made for a run at the playoffs. With a good (not even great) offense, 10-2 is a good possibility. Instead, they might limp to 8-4 because of extreme nepotism. Not to mention, I can totally see some games where Ferentz runs up the score because this contract encourages it.
Yep. If Iowa can put up 300 (offensive) points on Utah State, that would take care of the season.

Utah State
@ Iowa State
Western Michigan
@ Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
@ Wisconsin
Minnesota
@ Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
@ Nebraska

Wow. Missing tOSU, MI & MD in conference play is nice. They do have a lot of their toughest tests on the road, though, but I can't see them doing worse than 8 wins.

I love it!

Channing Tatum Dance GIF by TV4

Bobo is a great OC... at running a 1990s offense about as well as you can. He's like Jimbo with that.

Even though this is SEC talk, it's a pretty cool discussion about the scheduling system they will likely implement in 2024. Almost assuredly going to 9 conference games with 3 fixed rivals and 6 rotating matchups so everyone plays each other every 2 years.

1676395585590.png

Back