What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Four straight away games to end the season :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, SEC does some weird **** sometimes. That’s the way Arkansas is rolling this year (technically one of the “away” games is the Southwest Classic in Arlington)

I suppose this is college football news from 20 years ago, but Michael Oher is suing the nice white Ole Miss alums that adopted him. I mean there is nothing fishy about some Ole Miss boosters that just so happened to take in a 5 star offensive tackle and funnel him to their alma mater. Plus Mrs. Tuohy successfully defended him by confronting gang members in Memphis. And she taught him how to block. I mean this was all well-documented in the unflinching and accurate movie called The Blind Side. /sarcasm

Yep. And here’s Bama’s. Not really a cakewalk.
Keep in mind that they play an 8 game conference sked, so it would be equivalent if the @Wisconsin game was another conference game and then their noncon is WKU, Mercer, and USF.

@Tenn, @OU, and @LSU is not a friendly away game slate though.

I suppose this is college football news from 20 years ago, but Michael Oher is suing the nice white Ole Miss alums that adopted him. I mean there is nothing fishy about some Ole Miss boosters that just so happened to take in a 5 star offensive tackle and funnel him to their alma mater. Plus Mrs. Tuohy successfully defended him by confronting gang members in Memphis. And she taught him how to block. I mean this was all well-documented in the unflinching and accurate movie called The Blind Side. /sarcasm

Also weird that he ended up in Miami

Keep in mind that they play an 8 game conference sked, so it would be equivalent if the @Wisconsin game was another conference game and then their noncon is WKU, Mercer, and USF.

@Tenn, @OU, and @LSU is not a friendly away game slate though.
So harder than any schedule we’ll have on the B12.

SEC scheduling baby!

Of course,

SEC is all about winning.

This schedule is worse than most but they always manage to limit the number of games the top teams have against other top teams and they almost never have two tough games in a row. They play weak OOC schedules and when they do play somebody tough it is at home or a "neutral" site :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: like in the dome in Atlanta.

They build in the OOC opponent in the last 2-3 weeks of the season to give everyone a chance to get healthy while adding a free win

We can look down our nose but how often has a PAC12 team been on track for a playoff only to lose a tough game (on the road) against a solid team knocking them out of the playoff.

SEC ends up with at least one team in the playoff every year on a roll going in while the PAC is sitting at home arguing about how tough their schedule was.

And with all the playoff wins (can't win if you aren't there) who has the TV money and which conference is waiting for the death certificate?

Also, for a Pac 12 assistant to go off the record to say something like, “They likely won’t win a P5 game until October. That’s the Coach Prime show I want to see, when they’re 1-5 and not beating SWAC teams with FBS transfers” is some real dick bag chicken **** talk.
Some of these coaches are going this way because they are far too afraid to actually step up and take the risk this kind of a program rebuild involves.

They would rather lose with the guys they inherited and can blame on the last guy or lose with the guys they brought in themselves then risk being held responsible for the results of making a major change.

Of course,

SEC is all about winning.

This schedule is worse than most but they always manage to limit the number of games the top teams have against other top teams and they almost never have two tough games in a row. They play weak OOC schedules and when they do play somebody tough it is at home or a "neutral" site :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: like in the dome in Atlanta.

They build in the OOC opponent in the last 2-3 weeks of the season to give everyone a chance to get healthy while adding a free win

We can look down our nose but how often has a PAC12 team been on track for a playoff only to lose a tough game (on the road) against a solid team knocking them out of the playoff.

SEC ends up with at least one team in the playoff every year on a roll going in while the PAC is sitting at home arguing about how tough their schedule was.

And with all the playoff wins (can't win if you aren't there) who has the TV money and which conference is waiting for the death certificate?
Rog. So you didn’t check out the ‘24 schedules.

Rog. So you didn’t check out the ‘24 schedules.
Occasionally they are going to be forced to play some quality back to back opponents but I have no question that over time they will figure out how to make sure that their top teams are protected from upset risks.

And they are still playing mostly joke opponents OOC, and the few quality opponents are coming to SEC land most of the time.

And I'm not being critical of it. If the PAC had been smart enough to copy some of what the SEC and the B1G do in scheduling we likely would have seen more PAC teams in playoff games and who knows, might have even had a media contract offered that didn't kill the conference. There is a lot of value to the networks when the can advertise upcoming games as involving top 10 teams consistently.

Back