What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

happy jim carrey GIF

So I take "conference affiliated" to mean, P12 school could play any school from a conference where a potential bowl game would have occurred?

So in theory...

Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl vs. ACC
Las Vegas Bowl vs. SEC
Redbox Bowl vs. Big Ten
Sun Bowl vs. ACC
Walk-On’s Independence Bowl vs. Army
LA Bowl vs. Mountain West

Any one of these conferences would work. Set up a game vs a classic CU opponent, and make some TV money!

Say goodbye to college football as we know it

In what ways are you thinking relative to this potential announcement? I agree that changes are coming with NIL, I think some conference realignment is coming up, and other changes due to the economic shortfall all athletic departments were hit with this past year.

In what ways are you thinking relative to this potential announcement? I agree that changes are coming with NIL, I think some conference realignment is coming up, and other changes due to the economic shortfall all athletic departments were hit with this past year.
When two major conferences spit in the eye of the “grandfather of the all” it means that they realize that the establishment no longer holds the cards.
I can easily see a situation where the P4* decide that they have had enough and go a different direction that they control.

*Pac-12 not included

When two major conferences spit in the eye of the “grandfather of the all” it means that they realize that the establishment no longer holds the cards.
I can easily see a situation where the P4* decide that they have had enough and go a different direction that they control.

*Pac-12 not included
As soon as the CFP was created, big bowl games became meaningless, including the nostalgia and pageantry of the "Granddaddy of them all". It's about winning the National Championship for those 4 teams, and they don't care where they play to get it done. Those teams want fans in the stands, at least friends and family, and California regulations won't allow for that right now.

What they should do is just swap the Rose for one of the others that aren't part of the CFP this year.

I think they are just be

*Pac-12 not included

*Pac-12 not included
I think they are just being practical

*Pac-12 not included

I don't see it as anything more than them wanting to have family and some fans in the stands as @TSchekler said. I don't have access to the article but I heard somewhere that they were talking about a future swap where say this year 1 semifinal goes to Jerry World and in exchange the Rose Bowl will get a future semifinal in a year they weren't slated to host one.

I don't see it as anything more than them wanting to have family and some fans in the stands as @TSchekler said. I don't have access to the article but I heard somewhere that they were talking about a future swap where say this year 1 semifinal goes to Jerry World and in exchange the Rose Bowl will get a future semifinal in a year they weren't slated to host one.
It makes a lot more sense to do this especially in a year where all four likely teams are east of the Mississippi.

Back