What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

**** indeed. RIP Mr. Jordan. Prayers to his family, teammates, coaches, friends, and whoever else. Just way too soon.

You think so. Why do they need it?

They prep pros. That attracts.
Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. I get stupid kids eat that **** up, but if you recruit nothing but 4 and 5 stars every year, you're going to put more kids in the league than every other school. Saban and Bama have little to do with it, in reality.

All about the CFP. Nothing else matters to blue chip recruits
Gross, honestly. What's with the front runner mentality in kids these days? This is the least parity there has been in college football and recruiting in my lifetime.

ESPN acts like it's great, but the interest in the sport is waning as a whole because of the 'same old ****' every year.

Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. I get stupid kids eat that **** up, but if you recruit nothing but 4 and 5 stars every year, you're going to put more kids in the league than every other school. Saban and Bama have little to do with it, in reality.
Saban and Bama created the whole machine snd culture that creates this “self fulfilling prophecy”. They have everything to do with it in my opinion. And they evaluate and recruit hard.

Gross, honestly. What's with the front runner mentality in kids these days? This is the least parity there has been in college football and recruiting in my lifetime.

ESPN acts like it's great, but the interest in the sport is waning as a whole because of the 'same old ****' every year.
They want to win. Get prepped by the best. And make money. IMO.

Saban and Bama created the whole machine snd culture that creates this “self fulfilling prophecy”. They have everything to do with it in my opinion. And they evaluate and recruit hard.
I disagree because tOSU and other schools have sold the same crap to recruits for the last 20 years. You give too much credit to Saban. Without the 5 stars, Saban isn't Saban and Bama ain't Bama. Not to mention recruiting to Bama is quite easy, heavy bag or not.

How little do people forget what life was like Before Nick.
They weren't pulling in top 5 or hell even top 20 classes every year. He got them playing better ball which in turn attracted better recruits, which led to more wins and more pros being produced. Self fulfilling pprophecy. Honestly, with the classes he signs, he should actually being doing BETTER than he has.

I disagree because tOSU and other schools have sold the same crap to recruits for the last 20 years. You give too much credit to Saban. Without the 5 stars, Saban isn't Saban and Bama ain't Bama. Not to mention recruiting to Bama is quite easy, heavy bag or not.
nathan fillion castle GIF

Saban created it. He gets the credit.

They weren't pulling in top 5 or hell even top 20 classes every year. He got them playing better ball which in turn attracted better recruits, which led to more wins and more pros being produced. Self fulfilling pprophecy. Honestly, with the classes he signs, he should actually being doing BETTER than he has.
He just signed a historic class. I bet you are one of those guys that says “the product will sell itself” about consumer goods, drugs, etc. Hint: they don’t.

Saban took a job at a blue blood and essentially completely changed how the football program operated from top to bottom. You can count on one hand the coaches capable of doing so.
Furthermore, he adapted to the new, ever-changing game, completely abandoning one NC-producing approach for another NC-producing approach.

Tragic about Ty Jordan. Really sad thought is Utah chose to not go to a bowl game. Had they, Jordan is probably still on campus, getting ready for a game and not in TX, thus this never happens.

Saban took a job at a blue blood and essentially completely changed how the football program operated from top to bottom. You can count on one hand the coaches capable of doing so.
Great point but I don’t think that there are 5 other coaches capable of doing what he has done

That program went through a whole string of coaches between Bear Bryant and Sabin who didn't have anywhere close to that level of success.

Yes Sabin now has the attention of almost every top prospect in the country but they do a great job of evaluating and they are highly successful at taking that talent and developing it while using it in a way to leads to an amazing number of wins.

It isn't "these days." Kids have always been attracted to schools that won a lot of games and put a lot of players into the draft and the pros.

Where Bama is now you can argue that Miami was in the prime of the "U" days. I hate Notre Dame but when they are winning they get at least a serious look from top talent all over the country.

Not surprisingly when CU was regularly top 5 and pumping out first rounders under Coach Mac we also had top kids from all over the country hoping for a CU offer.

He would have gone home this week, even with a bowl game.
I think most schools + players have been isolated on campus because of COVID and would have been through Bowl Games. It was one of the reasons why USC opted out, players couldn’t even leave for Thanksgiving.

I think most schools + players have been isolated on campus because of COVID and would have been through Bowl Games. It was one of the reasons why USC opted out, players couldn’t even leave for Thanksgiving.

They have. He would have gone home within the next week after a bowl game though. This could have just as easily happened five days from now, so implying otherwise is a big stretch.

Saban retiring will be a reset for college football. Every time a generational coach leaves the game there is a shift in the power dynamic. Just hope he knows to retire before he gets to the point Bobby Bowden got to were he no longer has control of the program.

Saban retiring will be a reset for college football. Every time a generational coach leaves the game there is a shift in the power dynamic. Just hope he knows to retire before he gets to the point Bobby Bowden got to were he no longer has control of the program.
Well, who knows what his plans are with that. From afar, it doesn't look like he's planning on it yet.

Doubtful. When Urban retired, tOSU's recruiting has arguably gotten better. Why? Because they win a lot and the media felates them.

The hero worship/deification of coaches is ****ing weird to me. You and the kids are taking sports way too ****ing seriously. It's gross.

That's the disconnect on why I'll never agree with any of you on this topic, and I've made peace with that. Wanting to join a winner is the easy way out IMO. Who the hell wants to spend 4-5 years in any South East state or city? Teenagers are stupid as hell.

Back