What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Your buddy is mistaken. They are about to enter the RFP stage.
Ok. Doesn’t surprise me. He’s not too well tuned in to that kind of stuff. I specifically asked him and he was adamant that they have no plans. That said, “about to enter RFP stage” is a long ways away from having any actual plans.

Ok. Doesn’t surprise me. He’s not too well tuned in to that kind of stuff. I specifically asked him and he was adamant that they have no plans. That said, “about to enter RFP stage” is a long ways away from having any actual plans.

The three finalists were just chosen. RFP stage should move along fairly quickly, although the September 2023 timeline seems ambitious.

Supposed to be a mixed use entertainment area in the end.

These Multi-Million dollar coaches all getting Covid is amazingly unacceptable!!!
Arrogant asshats that cannot model proper behavior. Masculinity at its worst

The three finalists were just chosen. RFP stage should move along fairly quickly, although the September 2023 timeline seems ambitious.

Heh. I’m not disputing what you’re saying, but nothing happens quickly in Hawaii. However, with UH being effectively homeless, that might be the catalyst to get some movement. I hope it works out for them.

Heh. I’m not disputing what you’re saying, but nothing happens quickly in Hawaii. However, with UH being effectively homeless, that might be the catalyst to get some movement. I hope it works out for them.

Makes sense. The thing that was eye-opening was the amount the state has allocated, somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 million.

I have heard that it will be a smaller capacity for football than it is now. Not a big issue for UH because they rarely have drawn close to the capacity of the current facility. Even events like the Pro Bowl have tended to have a lot of empty seats.

What I do wonder is how many other events they use it for that might put some urgency on getting a replacement built. How many large concerts, corporate events, etc. do they hold there.

Also had the current facility been holding them back from having certain types of events?

Makes sense. The thing that was eye-opening was the amount the state has allocated, somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 million.
That is a lot of money. Keep in mind though that building cost are much higher there so for comparisons sake with the mainland that would be a lot less.

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

I’d be interested in knowing if that $300MM from the state is subject to revision due to the declining tax revenues generated from tourism. The Hawaiian economy is hurting right now.

I know that I am in the minority in supporting teams that are playing bowls, when their records are not bowl worthy. IMO, the losing SEC teams are filling a void (lack of bowl eligible teams to fill all the bowl slots), that should probably not be there in the 1st place. It is hard not to support the teams opting out, especially when they have played a 9-11 game season + 4-6 weeks of practice, and have had a tough go of it. I would not want to be a 2-3 win team, pressed into a bowl. They basically played a full season + all the Rona testing etc... If they started in August, I can see the Rona fatigue, missing friends etc...

But if you started Oct 1? For the PAC-12 teams with winning records, as I have thought this over, I think that most should have played--unless their Rona positives were such that is was unlikely that they could play in the bowl. For the PAC teams, the players were mostly sent home when football was cancelled and even if back into training--they played only Oct-1st week or 2nd week in Dec; not the same comparison as going to work in early August and pushing through. Especially for USC, where they sent a letter to the PAC12 demanding to play and now punted on the bowl game. If USC's Rona positives are confirmed then their decision is supportable. The B1G is in nearly the same position.

The ACC should beg and give ND whatever they want to join the conference... And ND should still probably say no.
To be fair that was really the only interesting game that weekend. Other ones ended up being solid to watch but the expectations were not there. They also didn’t go against the big 10 this year so the increase was expected

The Clemson/ND seemed to rule the day. Also, I'm not sure if this is always the case, but the NFL was playing on Saturday. The PAC12 number is totally deflating because they had no NFL competition on Friday night.

Granted Clemson-ND was the best matchup of the day with #2 vs #3 but they also had the advantage of not going up against any other CCGs in that time slot. I wouldn't think the NFL games had much impact since neither featured 2 playoff level teams going against each other plus the games were only on NFL Network except in the 4 respective markets.

The Big 12 and B1G games both being down in the noon timeslot surprises me.

Granted Clemson-ND was the best matchup of the day with #2 vs #3 but they also had the advantage of not going up against any other CCGs in that time slot. I wouldn't think the NFL games had much impact since neither featured 2 playoff level teams going against each other plus the games were only on NFL Network except in the 4 respective markets.

The Big 12 and B1G games both being down in the noon timeslot surprises me.
Not all that surprising, the combined number of the big and big 12 was still bigger than the big 12 number from last year by 2.25 million people that didn’t have any competition.

I do not want to alarm anyone, but Bama picked up 5* RB Camar Wheaton out of DFW last night. He was long thought to be a strong Oklahoma lean.

Bama is also expected to get 4* OG Jaeden Roberts out of Houston.

If both sign in February, the 2021 class becomes one of the top three classes (on paper) since recruiting rankings became mainstream.

I do not want to alarm anyone, but Bama picked up 5* RB Camar Wheaton out of DFW last night. He was long thought to be a strong Oklahoma lean.

If both sign in February, the 2021 class becomes one of the top three classes (on paper) since recruiting rankings became mainstream.
Fail. I am now alarmed

Nice to see things finally breaking Bama’s way.

Back