What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Tomorrow is the last Saturday of the year without college football.

Cbs GIF

Great. Great. WTF is up with his pants, tho'?
It's been the trend for a while NYC. Dress pants that are too short and very clearly show your ankles. Don't ask me why, I tried it once and felt naked so I took them back. He's wearing visible socks though which is what makes it odd? Usually it's the ankle sock with those pants

It's been the trend for a while NYC. Dress pants that are too short and very clearly show your ankles. Don't ask me why, I tried it once and felt naked so I took them back. He's wearing visible socks though which is what makes it odd? Usually it's the ankle sock with those pants
Thumbs up only for the correctness of the statement.

I get it, but it's not just the capri length with white socks, what about the Ed Grimley waist?

edgrimley1i277O6Lj1qe1klwo2_1280_465_658_int.jpg

Capri's and other above the ankle pants are one of the ugliest trends in women's clothing. I hate them.

For men they look beyond stupid.

Wear pants or wear shorts.

In general I TOTALLY agree with you. Then this happens…
View attachment 46151
and I’m like, whatevs.
A few women are going to look good no matter what they are wearing, but even she would look better in something else.

And I showed a great deal of restraint in not making a sexist comment which might violate TOS and the sensibilities of certain posters.

Wondering how somebody is able to comply with a vaccination mandate without, you know, actually vaccinating.

Chest too if you want to go technical with it. I don't bang fatties, but I'd rather have more cushion than a woman built like a 2×4.
She's a model in a model pose. They tend to be slender but the pose doesn't help her out any.

If you were out in a social setting and she hit on you I have zero question you wouldn't be getting critical.

But she would still look much better in something other than those stupid capris.

She's a model in a model pose. They tend to be slender but the pose doesn't help her out any.

If you were out in a social setting and she hit on you I have zero question you wouldn't be getting critical.

But she would still look much better in something other than those stupid capris.
I never said I wouldn't bang it. I just said I like a little more meat on the bone. :D

This was exactly my point - in no way am I saying “she wearing capris. Deal sealed!” I’m saying “this chick happens to be wearing capris. This particular chick I can look past the capris.” F up the shoes, we have an issue.

Same rules as the Pac 12, but what hasn't been mentioned is what the actual guidelines are for "being impacted by COVID".

here's the full text below.

the very general wording of "..That contest shall be considered a loss for the team impacted by COVID-19" has my attention. say, for example, that one of the states with a B1G schools re-institutes a Public Health Order prohibiting groups larger than four people (a.la. Colorado last year) and doesn't grant exemptions for college sports -- that would meet common understanding of "impacted by Covid-19" but no fault of the school. It's a tough call to say they'd have to forfeit, especially if that team was fully vaccinated and complying with recommended protocols.

In collaboration and communication with the Big Ten Conference Athletic Directors, Chancellors and Presidents, the Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases, and the Sports Medicine Committee – effective today – the conference has determined that if one of its member institutions is unable to play a conference contest due to COVID-19, that contest shall be declared a forfeit and will not be rescheduled. That contest shall be considered a loss for the team impacted by COVID-19 and a win for its opponent in the conference standings. If both of the two competing teams are unable to participate in a scheduled Conference competition due to COVID-19 and as a result the competition is unable to occur on the calendar day on which it is scheduled, the competition shall be considered a “no contest.”

Seems obvious, no? If you can't play because you don't have enough players due to either COVID infections or quarantines, you lose.
When do players have to quarantine and for how long? Does vaccination status matter? Are vaxxed players part of contact tracing? How many positive tests equate to not being able to travel/play? How frequently are players being tested? Does vaccination status determine testing frequency? How many players are required to play under these protocols? Are there mask mandates in place for the players? What is being done to help prevent infections and spread? Are all programs following the same mask/social distancing protocols?

No, it's not obvious how these forfeit rules are going to be implemented.

here's the full text below.

the very general wording of "..That contest shall be considered a loss for the team impacted by COVID-19" has my attention. say, for example, that one of the states with a B1G schools re-institutes a Public Health Order prohibiting groups larger than four people (a.la. Colorado last year) and doesn't grant exemptions for college sports -- that would meet common understanding of "impacted by Covid-19" but no fault of the school. It's a tough call to say they'd have to forfeit, especially if that team was fully vaccinated and complying with recommended protocols.
But my question is, what are the specifics that determine whether a team isn't able to play?

But my question is, what are the specifics that determine whether a team isn't able to play?
well, a Public Health Order or other legal edict would obviously be one.
not being able to field a full team would be another.

we could get more granular with each of those, but I'm not immediately thinking of a third category.

Big problem with this is -
- vaccinated people can still spread Covid.
- vaccinated people with Covid can still probably play and not feel that bad
- vaccinated people may not even be tested…see issue #1
- Of you’re a team that is 90+% vax and playing Mississippi State at 70% but say the 90% team has too many infections…that’s F’d

Finally, how does this play for ooc games. Still haven’t heard an answer on that one.

When do players have to quarantine and for how long? Does vaccination status matter? Are vaxxed players part of contact tracing? How many positive tests equate to not being able to travel/play? How frequently are players being tested? Does vaccination status determine testing frequency? How many players are required to play under these protocols? Are there mask mandates in place for the players? What is being done to help prevent infections and spread? Are all programs following the same mask/social distancing protocols?

No, it's not obvious how these forfeit rules are going to be implemented.

I disagree. If you don't have enough players to play, you forfeit. Masking and social distancing are irrelevant here--until a team's failure to implement them leads to a COVID outbreak. As for quarantining vaccinated players, the CDC says that "If you’ve had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you should get tested 3-5 days after your exposure, even if you don’t have symptoms. You should also wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until your test result is negative. You should isolate for 10 days if your test result is positive."

Back