What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College GameDay for UW

Can someone please give this ahoel a lesson in posting tweets? I'm subscribing so I can learn too.
1) Copy the link to the tweet
2) open a reply
3) hit the "media" button on the top row towards the right - just to the left of the "+" button
4) paste tweet link in there
5) click "embed" at the bottom of the pop up
6) enter snarky comment about the goats
7) ??
8) profit

Fowler is and has been pretty vocal on twitter about CU, and he sort of admitted on twitter over the weekend he told ESPN he's not comfortable being in the booth for CU games. They'll have somebody else call the game if they get both the game and decide to have the show here.
They have 0 qualms with Herbstreit in the booth at the horseshoe,...
I would say as an alum/fan it would be harder to contain myself announcing a CU game than an OSU alum who's used to seeing his team win all the time.

Pretty good. Still a good chance it's the only top 25 match up that week. Maybe Michigan Iowa if Iowa starts pulling some votes.

I wish I could share everyone's confidence here- This is what I think we've got going against CU hosting:
  • CU is not as "football-mad" as other locations
  • CU doesn't play anyone of note before that game, so there is a chance that CU won't be ranked. CU has to leapfrog both Utah and UCLA while playing nobodies.
  • Could ESPN want to wait to see if USC-CU is a better matchup?
  • There may be higher-ranked matchups. Here are the contenders IMO from most to least likely to feature a ranked matchup (current ranking in parenthesis):
    • TCU (23) @ Okie Lite (11)- both are currently ranked. They do have away games at Pitt and Arkansas, respectively, but probably both will still be undefeated. On the downside, Okie Lite has hosted way more recently (2015) and has a better game left (OU-OSU)
    • UCLA (2nd Receiving Votes) @ Furd (14)- UCLA has plenty of eyeballs from the national game last week, and they already are getting more votes than CU. if they come out and beat their opponents (who are tougher than what CU will face), they likely will be ranked. Stanford also has only hosted once (2011). However, Stanford doesn't show out very well, and has a more attractive matchup later in the season (hosting UW)
    • Bama (1) @ Vandy (T-16th receiving votes)- Vandy plays KSU the week before, so could be ranked but would need help. Gameday has also never been to Vandy and also benefits from pushing SEC
    • Penn State (4) @ Iowa (14th receiving votes)- Iowa was almost ranked at the end of last season, is getting votes currently, and if they start undefeated could get ranked considering they play a P5 school next
    • USC (6) @ Cal (15th receiving votes)- Cal is getting votes, but would need a lot of help to get ranked prior to this game. Cal has also never hosted so there is novelty.
    • Auburn (13) @ Mizzou- if Mizzou beats 3 P5 teams to open the season, they may be ranked, and ESPN has incentive to push an SEC game if all else is equal
    • Miss State (T-16th receiving votes) @ Georgia (15)- I don't think this is very likely at all, but Miss State plays LSU the week prior and if they get ranked...
Also, I'm not sure what impact it has, but the CU game is currently scheduled for Friday. It would have to be moved.

I wish I could share everyone's confidence here- This is what I think we've got going against CU hosting:
  • CU doesn't play anyone of note before that game, so there is a chance that CU won't be ranked. CU has to leapfrog both Utah and UCLA while playing nobodies.
  • There may be higher-ranked matchups. Here are the contenders IMO from most to least likely to feature a ranked matchup (current ranking in parenthesis):
    • TCU (23) @ Okie Lite (11)- both are currently ranked. They do have away games at Pitt and Arkansas, respectively, but probably both will still be undefeated. On the downside, Okie Lite has hosted way more recently (2015) and has a better game left (OU-OSU)
    • UCLA (2nd Receiving Votes) @ Furd (14)- UCLA has plenty of eyeballs from the national game last week, and they already are getting more votes than CU. if they come out and beat their opponents (who are tougher than what CU will face), they likely will be ranked. Stanford also has only hosted once (2011). However, Stanford doesn't show out very well, and has a more attractive matchup later in the season (hosting UW)
    • Bama (1) @ Vandy (T-16th receiving votes)- Vandy plays KSU the week before, so could be ranked but would need help. Gameday has also never been to Vandy and also benefits from pushing SEC
    • Penn State (4) @ Iowa (14th receiving votes)- Iowa was almost ranked at the end of last season, is getting votes currently, and if they start undefeated could get ranked considering they play a P5 school next
    • USC (6) @ Cal (15th receiving votes)- Cal is getting votes, but would need a lot of help to get ranked prior to this game. Cal has also never hosted so there is novelty.
    • Auburn (13) @ Mizzou- if Mizzou beats 3 P5 teams to open the season, they may be ranked, and ESPN has incentive to push an SEC game if all else is equal
    • Miss State (T-16th receiving votes) @ Georgia (15)- I don't think this is very likely at all, but Miss State plays LSU the week prior and if they get ranked...
Also, I'm not sure what impact it has, but the CU game is currently scheduled for Friday. It would have to be moved.
CU-UW is Saturday, September 23rd.

They just did a Bama game this past weekend so I think you can throw that one out. They also aren't going to waste another SEC matchup on Auburn-Mizzou or Miss St. Georgia.

They can save an Auburn trip for the Iron Bowl this year.
Yup, surprisingly not a lot of competition that weekend with OU-OSU moving to earlier in the season and them going to tOSU-Michigan last year. Only game I could see developing into something it OU-West Virginia but WVU would have to win out.

BS. Klatt has called our games before...his co hosts treased him about it but he did fine. These guys are pros...they're not gonna call a game like a homer. D'oh!

Yep. If anything, we'll end up getting pissed at Fowler the way tOSU fans get pissed at Herbie for not being enough of a homer on the broadcast.

Just look at how some people freaked out when Fowler still hosted GameDay and he never showed enough love to the Buffs.

The timing of this game is gonna be interesting. If it's a 6 PM game, I'm gonna have to cancel on a show at red rocks. Which would be fine, but would change the day from all time epic to just epic.

6PM time slot is perfect for games in Boulder. Need to allow time for the students to get out of bed and nice and boozed up. Only time day game slots are nice is when it is cold and/or over thanksgiving break when the students aren't as much of an issue.

The timing of this game is gonna be interesting. If it's a 6 PM game, I'm gonna have to cancel on a show at red rocks. Which would be fine, but would change the day from all time epic to just epic.

Fox already has ND/MSU for that time slot, FWIW.

My mistake- I thought it was scheduled for Saturday, too, but I looked at the schedule on ESPN to put this together:

View attachment 23482

However, upon further review, I see that pretty much everywhere else has it as Saturday.
ESPN is wrong. The CU ticket website is selling tickets for 9/23.
ESPN is wrong. The CU ticket website is selling tickets for 9/23.
FBI Investigation!!! CSU is trying to induce confusion so the Buffs and our fans don't show up on time and are forced to forfeit.

Fowler would be damned if he did, damned if he didn't. Some asshole would find something to complain about. I'm fine with his position on it, he's earned it.

What does ABC/ESPN have?

Nothing. Once conference play starts the networks usually make their picks 12 days before the game (hence my surprise FOX had already picked that one), so we'll know something Monday next week. Think 5.30 ESPN, 6 ABC, 8 ESPN and FS1 are all in play here and would expect a night game on a major network.

Back