What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Buffaloes v Texas Longhorns - Alamo Bowl, 29 Dec, 7pm MT - GAME THREAD

Everybody knows about our recruiting issues, so I'll leave that alone. It definitely showed, though. Another, when you play a team with better talent from top to bottom, you can't leave points out there. Two easy tds overthrown, a should've been pick 6, it can't happen. Our D kept us in it as long as they could. They'd get a stop, offense comes out, and a three and out. With no depth to speak of on defense, plus who we were missing, eventually the defense was going to break. This game was frustrating on quite a few levels, coaching was definitely a big part of that.
Don’t forget the int in the red zone and missed field goal.

I’m confused...when we were lucky to beat the trees and ****la because we caught them early, we’re we not also early in the year with a newer than new coach, a quarterback whose only meaningful snaps had happened on defense, and a running back that every single one of us had written off? We beat them. End of story.
We literally had the best set of excuses for not being prepared early in the year. Who else found a new coach in February?

not sure where else to post this, but what is with the vibe around the program this week?

I understand that the final outcome of the Alamo bowl was much worse than we'd have liked – it feels like the Buffs are being treated like a program that went 2-4, not 4-2.

on top of that, we have Harris transferring, Victory deleting all tweets mentioning CU, major anxiety around Clayton's future with the program, and a ton of talk about the current freshman class falling apart

has the team culture taken a nose dive to toxic levels? is KD turning folks off? do I just have demoralized CU fan syndrome?

not sure where else to post this, but what is with the vibe around the program this week?

I understand that the final outcome of the Alamo bowl was much worse than we'd have liked – it feels like the Buffs are being treated like a program that went 2-4, not 4-2.

on top of that, we have Harris transferring, Victory deleting all tweets mentioning CU, major anxiety around Clayton's future with the program, and a ton of talk about the current freshman class falling apart

has the team culture taken a nose dive to toxic levels? is KD turning folks off? do I just have demoralized CU fan syndrome?
All the kids are home for the holidays so will probably know more in the next few weeks. There will be guys leaving with every new coaching staff

We were a hugely better team this season than last.

The team did regress over the year but I think that regression can be directly related to our injury accumulation and our massive lack of P5 level depth. We have finally reached a point where our starters belong on the field against legitimate P5 teams but when we go to second team and beyond guys the drop off is dramatic and too big for our other players to overcome.

Healthy we would have been underdogs to Texas talent. With the numbers of key players missing we did well to compete on individual plays.

Missing starting safeties, maybe the best run stopping LB in the country, nose tackle and a pro prospect DE. Then to the offense.
This is how I see it, too.

Our healthy first string can play with most teams. But you saw it, even in games we won, when second string went in—especially on defense—it was a completely different dynamic. It’s hard to build good depth, and it can’t be done in one year. I think KD extracted every win possible out of this team. Critical injuries, which we can’t afford, killed both sides of the ball.

I think people over look the importance of losing Brady Russel. He was a TE weapon that opened up a bunch of the offense. There was no TE behind him on the depth chart who was a real receiver. Brady catches that ball in the end zone for a TD in the bowl game. That was a big one for momentum.

TE is a perfect example of the depth problems this team has, and how the last two coaches have been trying to find any guys to fill in that huge gap MM left. That choice still ticks me off: really? TE is not an important position? Did you see how Iowa State rose to a Top 10 finish using THREE TEs regularly?

All receivers seem to drop the all a lot at CU. Seems like coaches should be having them catch about ten thousand balls off the jug machine this off season. Hell, twenty thousand balls for the defensive backs. 🤬

This is how I see it, too.

Our healthy first string can play with most teams. But you saw it, even in games we won, when second string went in—especially on defense—it was a completely different dynamic. It’s hard to build good depth, and it can’t be done in one year. I think KD extracted every win possible out of this team. Critical injuries, which we can’t afford, killed both sides of the ball.

I think people over look the importance of losing Brady Russel. He was a TE weapon that opened up a bunch of the offense. There was no TE behind him on the depth chart who was a real receiver. Brady catches that ball in the end zone for a TD in the bowl game. That was a big one for momentum.

TE is a perfect example of the depth problems this team has, and how the last two coaches have been trying to find any guys to fill in that huge gap MM left. That choice still ticks me off: really? TE is not an important position? Did you see how Iowa State rose to a Top 10 finish using THREE TEs regularly?
At the very least though, it seems like TE has been a big point of emphasis for recruiting recently, and interior DL... which may be by design, or by necessity because we were lacking in both under HCMM

All receivers seem to drop the all a lot at CU. Seems like coaches should be having them catch about ten thousand balls off the jug machine this off season. Hell, twenty thousand balls for the defensive backs. 🤬
It was a bit of both, but Noyer missed a few that would've been housed. I doubt we win still, but it wouldn't look like it ended up being.

Well, at least Sark didn't come here for one year just to leave for UT.

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Back