What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Nebraska - 2023 - Official Game Thread

X Men Juggernaut GIF

The run game isn’t good at all but they have to be able to pick up 2-3 yards on the ground when they need it
That would entail trying to run the ball. 2-3 times they needed 1-2 yards and threw behind the line. If I remember correctly it’s first and goal on the 3 and they throw on first down incomplete. Ran the second play and got to the one. Then tried throwing again and got sacked. Run the ball. Not Lewis’ best day, but even with that they win by three tds.

A couple of observations:

1) The Big Ten refs were terrible. I have seen them ruin many conference games, so I wasn’t surprised that they destroyed the flow of this game. But still.

2) The game was more competitive than I expected. I don’t have a fancy “model” like some people on this board. I just know football a little bit. I knew this would be a 10+ point win, and I made a good bit of money on this one. The betting lines will get tougher very soon, but the Nebraska game was one of the easiest bets I have made in years.

My guess was 12k or so, so that'd be 20%. I could have been wrong though. It seemed like the East stands had a lot less red than the West, but I couldn't get the best feeling for it.

That’s why I used the pic looking at all of the west stands. All in all, I think it was more like 5-6k (for perspective, the visitor section holds about 1500 I believe…could be wrong on that.)

A couple of observations:

1) The Big Ten refs were terrible. I have seen them ruin many conference games, so I wasn’t surprised that they destroyed the flow of this game. But still.

2) The game was more competitive than I expected. I don’t have a fancy “model” like some people on this board. I just know football a little bit. I knew this would be a 10+ point win, and I made a good bit of money on this one. The betting lines will get tougher very soon, but the Nebraska game was one of the easiest bets I have made in years.
1694309053526.gif

For those who were at Folsom. Any changes to gameday experience? Marching band songs?
Prime and the team should “run out behind” Ralphie, not run 30-seconds after Ralphie

The flyover was 30-seconds late, likely the band playing the Anthem too quickly

Please add 100 new toilets somewhere in the stadium! Time to invest in the old stadium, she is getting tired.

Can we come up with a better 4th Qtr schtick? The clap was sad as hell

I would play John Denver “Rocky Mountain High” and when the song hits the COLORADO, the stadium loudly shouts COLORADO.

Otherwise, blue ribbon day in gods country and beating the Huskers badly was amazing

Prime and the team should “run out behind” Ralphie, not run 30-seconds after Ralphie

Please add 100 new toilets somewhere in the stadium! Time to invest in the old stadium, she is getting tired.

I would play John Denver “Rocky Mountain High” and when the song hits the COLORADO, the stadium loudly shouts COLORADO.

Otherwise, blue ribbon day in gods country and beating the Huskers badly was amazing
1694309632097.gif

Need like double the toilets in the tailgate lots. 2 for the main public lot is ridiculous

Actually the flyover was timed perfectly, but instead of flying over right away, they did a banked turn over the Flatirons, it looked really cool from the east stands, then did the flyover after the banner finished.

The band did play Halftime by Ying Yang Twins, that was the only new music from them I think.

In addition to more toilets, more water fountains would be great, and some way to speed up food lines.

Didn't start out too bueno, but they woke up as it went. I haven't read the whole thread, I'll leave the running game talk alone. That'll come. Didn't play our best game, still won by 22. I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday, especially against those mother****ers.

Had a gentleman sitting next to me that works for the University and I asked what was actually under the stands cause there seems like so much room under there, and he said it is a bunch of offices. Cause they need offices for staff. WTF
Every inch under the seats should be remodeled to restrooms or food or whatever is needed.
Is that true about offices?
Does Colorado Blvd need to be a through road in front of the stadium?

Had a gentleman sitting next to me that works for the University and I asked what was actually under the stands cause there seems like so much room under there, and he said it is a bunch of offices. Cause they need offices for staff. WTF
Every inch under the seats should be remodeled to restrooms or food or whatever is needed.
Is that true about offices?
Does Colorado Blvd need to be a through road in front of the stadium?
I mean under the entire lower bowl is just dirt. Under the stands in the south end zone are offices and classrooms. I think it's where the ROTC program is housed.

I think Colorado could be turned into a single lane bus loop and just have all the busses run the same direction.

I'm willing to acknowledge that CU is not yet dominant in every phase of the game. Some things will need to develop over the course of the season.
Hell I'm willing to acknowledge that this is all going to take more than one season haha. Will re-evaluate if they win 2 of the next 3.

Back