What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Confirmed - New Jerseys

1998-special-posting-v2.png
9/26/1998. First game with black helmets and it was a win. You cannot tell me those all black unis in 2001 would not look good with a black helmet
th
It probably would. But that particular cemented the GBB look for as the best of all time.

It probably would. But that particular cemented the GBB look for as the best of all time.
I doubt you would find much of a record difference in black helmets vs. any others since 2002. In fact, there has likely been more critical losses in G-B-B because we sucked and tried to break them out for good karma over that time span for "big" (everything is relative when you suck) games.

I doubt you would find much of a record difference in black helmets vs. any others since 2002. In fact, there has likely been more critical losses in G-B-B because we sucked and tried to break them out for good karma over that time span for "big" (everything is relative when you suck) games.
Someone has to find this now. I’ve tried, but come up short. I believe (and could be wrong) that that 98 game was our only victory in black helmets.

Someone has to find this now. I’ve tried, but come up short. I believe (and could be wrong) that that 98 game was our only victory in black helmets.
We wore the black helmet once in 2016 and won 56-7 on Sept 10th vs Idaho St.

On Sept 15th, 2018, we beat New Hampshire 41-14 in black helmets

We also haven't worn them that much since formally coming out with them as a part of our uni combos in 2015 -> and we kept wearing them at home against USC, which we all know has been an exercise in futility.

Last edited:
It makes me smile to see Smitty in these vids. He was a hard working student football equipment manager in the late 80s & early 90s, and a good guy.
Didn't know he started there as a student and worked his way to the top of the department. That's awesome!

I think you're right..Ricky brought out the black I thought it was bad ass then and still do
What I would like to see is the Buff stickers on the helmet again ala 2001 only more pronounced.
For the record the gray/silver or whatever it suppose to be misses, the all white was a huge swing and miss until 2016 @Autzen.
The count down thread reminds me of "true gold".
I have no idea why the latest Ralphie hasn't got the recognition she should've...one of several brand pushing opportunities missed.

1998-special-posting-v2.png
9/26/1998. First game with black helmets and it was a win. You cannot tell me those all black unis in 2001 would not look good with a black helmet
th
Those black helmets and the brief jersey font from the later 90’s looks great. Hopefully there is a nod to these someday.

I do love the Barnett era uniforms, so if that’s what Prime is rolling with them, and he is more stylish than most people!

Though, I think Prime getting back on with Nike will be great for CP, Nike, and the Buffs

Back