What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I’d rather have ten bucks even when it’s relatively less compared to others than five bucks when the majority may only have four.
That's a fair take. Although, I'd rather be in a competition against people with $4 when I have $5 than be in competition with the same people when they have $12 and I have $10.

That's a fair take. Although, I'd rather be in a competition against people with $4 when I have $5 than be in competition with the same people when they have $12 and I have $10.

That's fair. The problem in both cases, btw, is that some have 40 bucks and it doesn't matter to them whether they have 35 or 40 as they simply don't know what to do with their money.

That's fair. The problem in both cases, btw, is that some have 40 bucks and it doesn't matter to them whether they have 35 or 40 as they simply don't know what to do with their money.
That's definitely true - we really are in 100% agreement on that.

Right now I just want to beat Cal, UCLA, Oregon State, etc and get to a bowl game.

This would mean December home games in Boulder...how will those opposing teams from California and Arizona deal with the weather during that time?

If this ends up doing very well, we could see some changing of schedules for college sports in general.

That's definitely true - we really are in 100% agreement on that.

Right now I just want to beat Cal, UCLA, Oregon State, etc and get to a bowl game.
You realize that we won’t play two of those teams next year, right?

I believe that at this point it has to be about finding a way to play the games so you can fulfil your TV commitments. Unless they’re pushing the season into next spring I don’t think anyone here will see a game from inside the stadium, however.

I believe that at this point it has to be about finding a way to play the games so you can fulfil your TV commitments. Unless they’re pushing the season into next spring I don’t think anyone here will see a game from inside the stadium, however.

We're going to know a lot more about what sports in the fall will look like once we know what baseball, basketball, and hockey are going to do. I think the NFL season will probably look pretty normal-There won't be any international games (could impact the Broncos because that game with Atlanta was supposed to be one of them) and they might play without fans (bummer for me because I'd love to go to that home game against the Bucs)/start late. I don't see a truncated schedule unless the public health people think its necessary. College? Who knows. I can only see a later start and playing into the spring of '21 if necessary. The out of conference games are too important to too many to get rid of them-The ACC and SEC lose their extra OOC game advantage, and a number of schools in the G5 and lower levels can't run their ADs without the money football brings in.

Last edited:
We're going to learn a lot more about what football season will look like when we know what the sports who are actually on hiatus are doing and we get a full golf schedule. If they get back up and running (even if we're talking about these bubble concepts with baseball in Arizona, basketball in Vegas, and hockey in Bum****, North Dakota) by mid June or July, football season should be fairly normal I would think.

Just don’t expect there to be fans.

I can't even imagine the scene for the USC vs Alabama game at Cowboys stadium on 9/6 with zero fans. Such an electric atmosphere basically turned into a CU Spring Game.
I have my doubts it even happens, but that's several months a way. I hope it does and people can be there.

Regarding college football: I've seen quite a few comments that they can't justify playing games unless the students are back on campus. They're kind of right - if they do actually play the games without the students on campus it really is a de-facto admission that the sport is about money and only money.

Which we all sort of already know, but currently there are plausible justifications besides money. Those justifications become entirely abjectly ridiculous if they go ahead and play a season with no students on campus.

I can't even imagine the scene for the USC vs Alabama game at Cowboys stadium on 9/6 with zero fans. Such an electric atmosphere basically turned into a CU Spring Game.

If they can’t have fans there there’s no reason to rent that stadium and they can just as well move it to one of the two campuses.

I think those respective programs home stadiums are just as big or bigger than Cowboys lol

That’s true, but I was more referring to the financial aspect of renting the stadium here plus logistics as there’s no reason for both teams to travel in that scenario.

They need to readjust or get rid of the field microphones if there’re no fans for reasons, btw 😂

Regarding college football: I've seen quite a few comments that they can't justify playing games unless the students are back on campus. They're kind of right - if they do actually play the games without the students on campus it really is a de-facto admission that the sport is about money and only money.

Which we all sort of already know, but currently there are plausible justifications besides money. Those justifications become entirely abjectly ridiculous if they go ahead and play a season with no students on campus.
Very good point that I never considered. They have spent decades trying to protect amateurism with one simple mantra, "We will not give inappropriate benefits and privileges to athletes, so as to be able to continue to be able to claim that they are treated like normal students, just like the rest of the student body".

One thing I haven't seen brought up yet, but I apologize if I missed something:

Scholarship Student-Athletes are just that students and athletes. They are "paying" their way through college through their athletic skills. This is already a warm topic that has stayed below a simmer.

If universities force Student Athletes back on campus for all the things they need to do to prep for a season (and let's be serious, are you really going to do that with social distancing?) without doing so for the rest of the student population and that house of cards is utterly destroyed with multiple class-action lawsuits.

I'm pretty confident "we are ****ed" in terms of collegiate sports for 2020. But, I would also side with it being morally reprehensible to only bring back revenue generating sports athletes while the rest of the campus stayed remote.

One thing I haven't seen brought up yet, but I apologize if I missed something:

Scholarship Student-Athletes are just that students and athletes. They are "paying" their way through college through their athletic skills. This is already a warm topic that has stayed below a simmer.

If universities force Student Athletes back on campus for all the things they need to do to prep for a season (and let's be serious, are you really going to do that with social distancing?) without doing so for the rest of the student population and that house of cards is utterly destroyed with multiple class-action lawsuits.

I'm pretty confident "we are ****ed" in terms of collegiate sports for 2020. But, I would also side with it being morally reprehensible to only bring back revenue generating sports athletes while the rest of the campus stayed remote.

That would be fantastic!

But if it doesn't happen, don't expect college football taking place, which was my point.

Obviously. From what I've seen of Fauci, he's not going to make a comment like that if he feels like it would be flip or underreacting to do so though.

Back