What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is the full quote:

"Today I thought I saw some maturity in our guys," Bobo said. "It was not really a great practice for the defense. There were a lot of big plays offensively. But in key situations like third downs, we were able to get some stops defensively. When we got in the red zone area, we got some stops on third down. When we went goal line on fourth down, we got stops. That's been the message; not everything is going to be perfect. We have to continue to play. When a third-down situation comes, we have to try to get off the field. One or two more stops in a game, one or two more stops in the red zone where we hold them to a field goal, can be the difference between winning and losing."

You never want to settle and say that people are going to score on you, but you have to realize that (other teams) have players too," Bobo said. "They have good coaches too; they have good schemes. Sometimes you're not going be successful, and you just have to keep playing. That's really both sides. Every time we step on the field we want to score on offense. Every time we step on the field on defense we'd like to get a three-and-out or get the ball back without them scoring points, but that's not going to happen. You have to keep playing for 60 minutes and do your job."

It is in this article:

https://t.co/Q01ZlxJoSH?amp=1

The whole statement seems very Jeckle and Hyde. I know that there is coach speak, but he seems to be going back and forth with himself.
Am I the only one who wondered why they were giving so much interview time to BRYCE Bobo? Damn, I need my coffee.

I'm telling you, Bobo is a damned good coach. This game worries me.

I'm pretty worried we might have to play Idaho in the future. After seeing what they did to CSU, they might be the best team in the country.

People said Bobo was sandbagging last year too. Man, it's like last season never happened with the way people are talking about the RMS right now.

It's almost like circumstances can change from year to year.

A closer score is one thing. Being "really nervous" is quite another, but to each his own I guess.

Honesty is preferable over conformity.

It's human nature for some to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. MacIntyre's Hawaii season opener wasn't completely forgotten in the aftermath of last year's RMS route. Neither was Sparkles last appearance as a Ram coach.

Even the really nervous fan posts aren't predicting a loss.

Wait, I didn't see anyone say we'd lose other than it being a possibility, nervousness, whatever. There are a lot of unanswered questions at the moment so I don't think it's crap conversation. I think we'll win but I'm not gonna say it's automatic.

http://portlandtribune.com/pt/12-sp...will-have-early-opener-and-other-column-notes

• Item: Oregon State will now open its football season at Colorado State on Saturday, Aug. 26. The Rams and Beavers were scheduled to play on Sept. 23, which would have been OSU's third game.
Comment: The switch was made because the Rams want to debut the new 41,000-seat Colorado State Stadium against a Pac-12 opponent.
Oregon State will now have two byes during the season — after the fourth game on Sept. 23 and after the seventh game on Oct. 21.

############################
I don't think I like this for CU.

Teams generally improve a lot between game 1 and game 2. This schedule change is a pretty big advantage for CSU.

On the positive side:

1) CU coaches will have film on CSU while CSU coaches will be going into our game blind
2) CU will spend camp focused on the CSU gameplan while CSU will now be focused on OSU with only a week to prepare for the Buffs

Is this scheduling change good or bad for us?

Typically, a team has an advantage if they have played one more game than their opponent up until the 3rd game of the season. But, if one team is considerably more superior the extra game would not matter.

There are relative degrees of more superior.

A smidge superior is something entirely different than vastly superior.

Maybe he meant mother superior.

@SuperiorBuff is, of course, the expert.

Back