What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fwiw that analytics site has CSU going 5-7.
They also have BYU going 13-0, beating LSU, Utah, and Wisconsin in weeks 2-4. Seems far-fetched.

I didn't check every team, but "more possible" teams, and they have all the following going undefeated: Alabama, BYU, Louisville, Miami, Oklahoma St, Penn St, Washington, and USC.

Last edited:
They also have BYU going 13-0, beating LSU, Utah, and Wisconsin in weeks 2-4. Seems far-fetched.
LSU doesn't look good on a pre-season analytics site. They have a ton of question marks everywhere, especially at QB.

Wisconsin should run their division because they got a good slate in conference play. But they also have a lot of questions and losing their best player doesn't help.

Again take it fwiw.

LSU doesn't look good on a pre-season analytics site. They have a ton of question marks everywhere, especially at QB.

Wisconsin should run their division because they got a good slate in conference play. But they also have a lot of questions and losing their best player doesn't help.

Again take it fwiw.
I do, just saying their algorithms probably need tweaked. I updated my post with undefeated teams, of which they predict 8! They also have Stanford going 4-8 including losing to Oregon St.

Stanford ain't going 4-8. That's just ridiculous. I'd love to see it happen, though.

Well, they're saying those teams will be the statistical favorite in every game they play. I get your point but every single team you listed should be really good this year, they all return their QB on top of other returning production. I'm sure they know how rare it is for multiple teams to go undefeated, that's the point, this isn't supposed to have any bias in it. Vegas uses similar models and ends up terribly wrong sometimes too.

I do think CSU going 5-7 is way more likely than them winning 9+ games and Bobo bolting for a better job tho. He's stuck there.

I didn't check every team, but "more possible" teams, and they have all the following going undefeated: Alabama, BYU, Louisville, Miami, Oklahoma St, Penn St, Washington, and USC.

College football analytics will never be that accurate because there is so much roster turnover from year to year. To be fair, however, they aren't predicting the final record for BYU, they're predicting the final record for BYU if the site's predicted outcome occurs in each of BYU's 13 games. The combined spread in the stretch of LSU/Utah/Wisc is about 11 points. My guess would be that the site operator would tell us that BYU is more likely than not to lose at least one of those three games than to go 3-0 over that stretch. Another way to think about it - Alabama will be favored in every game it plays this year, but betting on Alabama to go undefeated would net better than 1:1 odds because it remains more likely than not that Alabama will lose at least one game. If Vegas's expected outcome occurs in each game that Alabama plays, you could say that Vegas is "predicting" Alabama will go 12-0, when that isn't really the case. Blame the site, though. They're the ones who should point this out.

I have heard that if CSU isn't sitting at worse 3-1 after their OOC, he should be fired immediately.
Yup. That's the word, all right. It shouldn't be too hard for him though. He's been recruiting lights out and they're loaded at every position. The only problem is how dominant the MWC will be this year.

Yup. That's the word, all right. It shouldn't be too hard for him though. He's been recruiting lights out and they're loaded at every position. The only problem is how dominant the MWC will be this year.

3-1 and they have OSU, CU, Abilene Christian, and Alabama. No problem. Idots, the lot of them.

3-1 and they have OSU, CU, Abilene Christian, and Alabama. No problem. Idots, the lot of them.
Well, they do play in the MWC, which is pretty much the same as playing in the SEC, so going up against Alabama will be kind of like going up against Boise State. And they almost beat Boise State last year, so this shouldn't be a stretch for them.

Well, they do play in the MWC, which is pretty much the same as playing in the SEC, so going up against Alabama will be kind of like going up against Boise State. And they almost beat Boise State last year, so this shouldn't be a stretch for them.
If Boise is Bama, then what does that make Wyo or AF? And after that, what about Idaho?

But they have a new stadium, they are big time, the PAC wants them but they are waiting for the soon to arrive invitation to join the B1G. How could they not be at least 3-1, they are now big time, they have a new stadium.

If Boise is Bama, then what does that make Wyo or AF? And after that, what about Idaho?
Auburn and LSU, respectively. SDSU is Georgia and UNLV is Florida. Hawaii is just like Tennessee. San Jose State, the new guy to the league, is their version of A&M. So, you see, it's pretty much exactly the same.

As for Idaho, that's their version of Oklahoma State. The team that beat us in our bowl game. Not from their conference, though. Idaho and OSU are pretty much the exact same team.

Most of their fans on ramnation seem to understand what they are going to get in non-conference and most are predicting 2-2 or 1-3. They definitely have some Tini-lights over there, but every fan base has that.

Back