What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Arizona

Where will he go? By the end of the season, he will have led his team to an 0-9 record as a starter. Unless he starts looking very good, which is nearly impossible to do in this offense, being the starter at CU is likely his best option.
This is just not true. He’ll have plenty of suitors. Maybe not Top 20 teams, but I guarantee they’ll be plenty of annual bowl teams very interested in his services BECAUSE he plays for an 0-12 team. Hell, it may already be happening…

I didn't make it through 2 quarters, whole situation is a ****ing joke. I watched games where teams actually knew wtf they were doing.

I'm also encouraged by what I see with McCown.

But just how lowered is the bar when we're feeling good about a QB going 14/30 for 186 yards against the 2nd worst defense in the conference?
Totally agree. But with him being a true freshman, this staff, and the absolute lack of talent on this team, I would like to see if they can at least build around him as the new staff tries to recruit over him. Going to take a couple of years even with the transfer portal

This is just not true. He’ll have plenty of suitors. Maybe not Top 20 teams, but I guarantee they’ll be plenty of annual bowl teams very interested in his services BECAUSE he plays for an 0-12 team. Hell, it may already be happening…
There are also some good G5 and FCS teams that have solid histories of putting QBs into the NFL.

Compared to getting beat up at CU and just trying to survive while losing week after week going someplace with a quality QB coach and and offense that highlights NFL skills would be appealing.

Where will he go? By the end of the season, he will have led his team to an 0-9 record as a starter. Unless he starts looking very good, which is nearly impossible to do in this offense, being the starter at CU is likely his best option.
Extremely quick release. Hyper accurate on short to midrange stuff. Sees the whole field. Understands the game. Equal to or better than Koy D was at a similar point in career. Extremely advanced for a freshman and he likely didn't get this from his short time at CU. Floats the ball too much on the long stuff but that's fixable. Weight room needed. A few more game tapes like yesterdays would be a great resume if he wants to leave. QB gurus/coaches will line up.

The W/L record at CU is meaningless in the portal. He will have a lot of options if he chooses to leave, but his next choice, if he decides to leave, is critical. Dad and uncle will be big help and no doubt have a lot of ideas/connections, and if he's going he will probably have a destination picked concurrent with, or before entering the portal. Kansas State, SMU, Rice, Iowa State? Would crush it at Stanford, though I'd stay away from the likely coaching-change places. There are some very good strategic choices.

On another note, and at the risk of semi-hyperbole, Hankerson looks to be about 5-8 lbs short of being Javonte Williams II and it's coaching malpractice that he's been on the bench. At all. If it's forbidden to let Hagan go, he needs to be demoted to leading tours of the "Champions Center" and telling campfire stories of the "good old days" to visiting recruits.

Last edited:
Equal to or better than Koy D was at a similar point in career.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

On another note, and at the risk of semi-hyperbole, Hankerson looks to be about 5-8 lbs short of being Javonte Williams II and it's coaching malpractice that he's been on the bench. At all. If it's forbidden to let Hagan go, he needs to be demoted to leading tours of the "Champions Center" and telling campfire stories of the "good old days" to visiting recruits.
Hankerson was just cleared two weeks ago.

Back