What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Arizona

Sounds like we had a great week of practice.

Full House Reaction GIF

Tell me more about the positive things defensively we will build off of.

I was shocked to hear that he was concerned about the depth during the Minnesota game. I was assured by Woelk and Karl this was the deepest roster we’ve had in years. No drop off from ones to twos, all that jazz
It’s hard to drop off when you’re at the base of the cliff.

Brian asked if there were any players who had approached KD about Redshirting or transferring after the 4th game, to which KD went on one of his rants, asking why everything Howell brings up is so negative. The continued lack of awareness is shocking.
Per my son, rumors are rampant on campus. There are definitely players talking about it out loud, on campus, in front of others. Howell certainly got wind of this fact hence the question. KD is fvcking clueless.

Per my son, rumors are rampant on campus. There are definitely players talking about it out loud, on campus, in front of others. Howell certainly got wind of this fact hence the question. KD is fvcking clueless.
What are the rumors your son is hearing?

There are a few recognizeable players with one foot out the door. The lockerroom ain't great and the only unified motivation now is not going 0-12. There's a real fear there.
so be it... If it takes players leaving to finally get Coach Kardboard fired then let it happen

As long as McCown doesn’t leave, let ‘em all hit the portal.

Maybe fielding a 19 person football team is the catalyst needed to force the school to lighten up its transfer rules for the new coach

Maybe fielding a 19 person football team is the catalyst needed to force the school to lighten up its transfer rules for the new coach
You’re gonna be able to find players to fill the roster; they’ll just be bad ones. The team is still in the P12 on TV. It is still free school and many hot girls.

I'd like to see McCown, Tyson, Penry, Hankerson, Venn, Woods, Aubrey Smith, Dixson, Travis Gray and Carter Edwards stick around, acknowledging that it's pretty much all based on hope and potential, but I'd be indifferent about anyone else leaving

You’re gonna be able to find players to fill the roster; they’ll just be bad ones. The team is still in the P12 on TV. It is still free school and many hot girls.
Oh it wouldn’t be a 19 person team because there aren’t players… the school needs to actually figure out how to relax its transfer rules and a mass exodus would be the perfect learning experience lol

Oh it wouldn’t be a 19 person team because there aren’t players… the school needs to actually figure out how to relax its transfer rules and a mass exodus would be the perfect learning experience lol
Meh. There are plenty of high school graduates who meet admission requirements. Again, they’ll be the types of players who’d normally end up at a place like csu or wyoming or new mexico.

There are a few recognizeable players with one foot out the door. The lockerroom ain't great and the only unified motivation now is not going 0-12. There's a real fear there.
0-12 might just be the beginning. Right now, the only thing standing in the way of going into the 2025 season riding a 37-game losing streak is playing CSU in 2023 and 2024.

Meh. There are plenty of high school graduates who meet admission requirements. Again, they’ll be the types of players who’d normally end up at a place like csu or wyoming or new mexico.
Wyoming is going to make out like a bandit recruiting Colorado these next couple of years. Those Tier 2 kids that would've settled for CU or CSU are going to follow the Tier 1 kids and head out of state. Wyoming has a very good staff, goes to bowl games, has a new and very good training facility, and is starting to put dudes in the NFL again. Watch.

Wyoming is going to make out like a bandit recruiting Colorado these next couple of years. Those Tier 2 kids that would've settled for CU or CSU are going to follow the Tier 1 kids and head out of state. Wyoming has a very good staff, goes to bowl games, has a new and very good training facility, and is starting to put dudes in the NFL again. Watch.
Can CU steal Wyo’s coach?

Would be amazing if he lost half the roster and then in turn couldn't fill the 2023 roster because of the archaic transfer rules that almost no other School in the country has other than CU.

I have a new goal that I wish for with this program if they keep KD

Can CU steal Wyo’s coach?
It's not just the coach.

Wyoming has a lot against it.

Laramie is not exactly what most quality high school players in places like Texas and California are thinking about when they imagine a college town. It doesn't offer much for kids who are used to big cities, it also doesn't offer much in terms of a place that kids of color would find appealing.

Unless you are into hunting, fishing, and other outdoor pursuits there isn't much to do. No club scene, no beaches, etc. It also doesn't offer much in terms of career networking and after graduation employment opportunities.

What it does have that we don't is an administration from the President on down that values what a successful football team can provide for the school. As a result they have reasonable policies for athletes transferring in. Keep in mind that Josh Allen was a transfer from a JC. Would he have even gotten in to CU. The following article talks about how Allen as a football player has benefited to university.

Josh Allen

They also have degree programs that function with the demands put on athletes and don't subject every potential infraction to a student run kangaroo court.

They will never have the resources to compete with the top P5 schools but it's easy to argue that they do much more with far less than we do, and the university sees the benefit of that success.

It's not just the coach.

Wyoming has a lot against it.

Laramie is not exactly what most quality high school players in places like Texas and California are thinking about when they imagine a college town. It doesn't offer much for kids who are used to big cities, it also doesn't offer much in terms of a place that kids of color would find appealing.

Unless you are into hunting, fishing, and other outdoor pursuits there isn't much to do. No club scene, no beaches, etc. It also doesn't offer much in terms of career networking and after graduation employment opportunities.

What it does have that we don't is an administration from the President on down that values what a successful football team can provide for the school. As a result they have reasonable policies for athletes transferring in. Keep in mind that Josh Allen was a transfer from a JC. Would he have even gotten in to CU. The following article talks about how Allen as a football player has benefited to university.

Josh Allen

They also have degree programs that function with the demands put on athletes and don't subject every potential infraction to a student run kangaroo court.

They will never have the resources to compete with the top P5 schools but it's easy to argue that they do much more with far less than we do, and the university sees the benefit of that success.

I'm always proud of Wyo and root for them, partially based on some vague family ties but mostly because of this- There's less than 600k people in the state. Approx of Montana's population (whose biggest universities play FCS football, btw), and the state probably generates next to zero P5 players in a given year. They have a ton going against them, and they keep going.

They'd be totally justified to play in the Big Sky, but they don't.

good article - hope on the high plains

Dorrell let our two NFL caliber CBs, our best WR, and best RB leave and it didn't get him fired. I'm not sure players transferring is going to play into the decision.
It plays into the decision inasmuch as it has taken a team that middling talent and turned it into a team with little if any legit P5 talent. That has showed up in the results we have witnessed so far. I think with those players, we probably win against TCU, and the Air Force game is a tossup. We probably also win this week and against ASU.

I can say all this with authority because there is absolutely no way to refute it. 😎

Their defense is bad. Not historically bad like ours. Just normal bad. However, with our terrible offense, we'll still probably only manage to score in the teens on them.

The AZ offense, OTOH, is pretty good, especially throwing the ball. They'll put up 40+ on us like everyone else has.
We have a GREAT pass defense!!!

(Because our opponents just run all over us and don't have to pass!)

Last edited:
Back