What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

My sources say that Brain McGuiness has a finalized 'short list' of OC candidates. That was as of noon yesterday. Hard to tell if the pace at which they are moving is a positive or a negative.
Well, if we take CU IT guy as truth, it's possible that Karl and LC sent a short list of OC candidates for Bryan to coordinate in person meetings with

Why would Bryan McGinnis be involved in finalizing a short list of OC candidates? Isn't he responsible for team travel, and **** like that?
LOL try explaining anything these administrators are doing or have done in the last couple years that makes any logical sense at all.
I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you are attempting to apply logic to a program and people that aren't bothered with applying logic to most anything they do.

Are they really moving at a slow pace or are we just impatient? It’s been a week
A couple of things - first, it was reported here that the decision to drop Chev was made weeks ago. Obviously, that might be completely fabricated. Second, I think some of us, including me, are still expecting Langsdorf to be named OC. If that happens, then the delay just seems stupid

Are they really moving at a slow pace or are we just impatient? It’s been a week
A little of both. I am not going to get too worried until after 12/15 or so. I would rather they do their due diligence. The "hot" names are not going to be candidates here anyway. CU does not shop at Nieman-Marcus, we are more Kohl's customers. Then again, this is CU, we could be reading and waiting on this thread in Mid-February.

Ryan Grubb is off to UW to continue to coach under Deboer, so no more competition there. Wazzu is off the board with their OC, and Oregon still needs to hire a coach. They are using a search firm, so that might take a second

I would say if the rumors about KD wanting to get rid of Chev last year but wasn't allowed to due to $$, then it is not on impatience. That's entirely ineptitude on their part for not locking in on the guy they wanted weeks or months before the firing of Chev. Hell, even if those rumors aren't true, I can't imagine KD decided just in the 2 days after season end on whether or not to fire Chev. He at least had made this decision before the last week of the season. Process should have started then. No matter how you spin it, they should have had their guy and the contract ready to go. Only thing that should have held back an announcement would be if the new OC was someone that had a playoff game to prep/coach for. And we all know we aren't even pissing in those waters let alone swimming in them.

Has anyone outside of local reporters even put together a candidate list? We've heard nothing. I know the carousel at the HC level has been crazy, but it seems no on even cares about the CU OC job. I guess that's fair. Just a sad realization.

Has anyone outside of local reporters even put together a candidate list? We've heard nothing. I know the carousel at the HC level has been crazy, but it seems no on even cares about the CU OC job. I guess that's fair. Just a sad realization.
We technically have an OL job to fill also. And no, nobody outside of a few passionate CU fans and guys who get paid to cover CU athletics gives a damn.

The Camera had a list about a week ago. I haven't seen any others published anywhere.

Howell mentioned Sterlin Gilbert, along with the Pitt WR coach, today in his chat. Just speculation on his part. He was not retained on the Syracuse staff after this season, so he's a free agent.

Howell mentioned Sterlin Gilbert, along with the Pitt WR coach, today in his chat. Just speculation on his part. He was not retained on the Syracuse staff after this season, so he's a free agent.
Sterlin has seen his career fall off a cliff over the past several years…probably not the guy you’re looking for.

Sounds like a perfect fit for CU.
Wedding Fall Together GIF by Digimate.io

The strangest thing about Dino's era at Syracuse is that he hasn't been able to find the formula to filed a great offense. That was his calling card and he's cycled through a bunch of OCs.

The strangest thing about Dino's era at Syracuse is that he hasn't been able to find the formula to filed a great offense. That was his calling card and he's cycled through a bunch of OCs.

Lynch had a couple of good seasons as OC and now's coaching RB's and they had a great year running the ball

Back