What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Depth Chart 2021 vs 2022

Your quote “...Woods already better than Perry...” can only be based on 2021 performance.
Woods did not have better 2021. He did show enough flashes to suggest he might be special. Laviska, Oliver, Landman, PRich, Awuzie all did the same recently as freshmen. Woods probably won’t be 1st day draft pick, but I think he’ll be the best safety in last 5 years.

I mean, Perry was the starter and played a lot more snaps, but Woods was pretty good as a true freshman in the snaps he did get. Also… Fortuitous? He blocked a punt and returned it for a TD.

There is plenty of criticism to go around and plenty of reason to be pessimistic, but some of you guys are consistently going out of your way to **** on some of the good things within the program, seemingly to prove a point.
I like Woods a ton. Fwiw.

Any game we win next year will be an upset because we will not be favored in any
Using VegasInsider 2022 CFP odds as an early guide. Ten of CUs twelve 2022 opponents at least have odds on the board.

USC +3000 (5th best)
OR +5000
UTAH +5000
ASU +10000
UCLA +10000
WA +10000
TCU +15000
OSU +20000
CAL +20000
MINN +20000

That leaves Air Force and Arizona as the only two opponents not yet worthy of getting odds. Air Force will be very tough as an away game, triple option, second game of the season, etc. Arizona is also an away game.

We’ll be favored over TCU. If we win that, AFA will be a toss up but Vegas will give them the home 2-3 pts. MAAAAYBE @UA if they’re a trainwreck again. That’s it.
You may be right but I really doubt we will be favored over TCU. They have a new coach, I get that. They also have a lot of talent vs the Buffs.

And, we will not be favored on the road at AF. They will beat us as well

You may be right but I really doubt we will be favored over TCU. They have a new coach, I get that. They also have a lot of talent vs the Buffs.

And, we will not be favored on the road at AF. They will beat us as well
I wasn’t clear on AFA. They’ll be favored by 2-3 pts because they’re home.

I like Woods a ton. Fwiw.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

If you are willing to do the mental gymnastics, you can talk yourself into believing this team might be able to find six wins on the schedule. Problem is, so many things have to happen just right in order for that to happen. First, vastly improved QB play coupled with a quantum leap of improvement from the OL. You have to believe that Arias and LMC and Penry and maybe a transfer will be able to produce as well as Rice and Stanley. You have to believe that our running game won’t suffer with Broussard gone. You have to have faith in the new coaches and believe they are far better than the guys they replaced (this is a pretty easy leap to take, given the low bar set by the guys they replaced). On defense, you have to believe that the new guys and transfers who haven’t played a lot will have at least the same kind of success they had last year. All this has to be done with the understanding that KD is still the head coach - so you have to believe that he will somehow get better at his job, despite a significant amount of evidence to the contrary. But, if you can do all this, you can find a path to a 6-6 record next year. I think we will be incredibly lucky to win three games.

If you are willing to do the mental gymnastics, you can talk yourself into believing this team might be able to find six sins on the schedule. Problem is, so many things have to happen just right in order for that to happen. First, vastly improved QB play coupled with a quantum leap of improvement from the OL. You have to believe that Arias and LMC and Penry and maybe a transfer will be able to produce as well as Rice and Stanley. You have to believe that our running game won’t suffer with Broussard gone. You have to our faith in the new coaches and believe they are far better than the guys they replaced (this is a pretty easy leap to take, given the low bar set by the guys they replaced). On defense, you have to believe that the new guys and transfers who haven’t played a lot will have at least the same kind of success they had last year. All this has to be done with the understanding that KD is still the head coach - so you have to believe that he will somehow get better at his job, despite a significant amount of evidence to the contrary. But, if you can do al this, you can find a path to a 6-6 record next year. I think we will be incredibly lucky to win three games.
The toughest hurdles are the losses on defense. The defense was night and day different without Landman in there. We not only last Landman & Wells, but the majority of the secondary. I can talk myself into being better on offense, but better on defense? Nah.

Plus, we were lucky to win 4 last year. Oregon St and Washington were better teams than us, but we came away with the win, largely from their mistakes.

If you are willing to do the mental gymnastics, you can talk yourself into believing this team might be able to find six wins on the schedule. Problem is, so many things have to happen just right in order for that to happen. First, vastly improved QB play coupled with a quantum leap of improvement from the OL. You have to believe that Arias and LMC and Penry and maybe a transfer will be able to produce as well as Rice and Stanley. You have to believe that our running game won’t suffer with Broussard gone. You have to have faith in the new coaches and believe they are far better than the guys they replaced (this is a pretty easy leap to take, given the low bar set by the guys they replaced). On defense, you have to believe that the new guys and transfers who haven’t played a lot will have at least the same kind of success they had last year. All this has to be done with the understanding that KD is still the head coach - so you have to believe that he will somehow get better at his job, despite a significant amount of evidence to the contrary. But, if you can do all this, you can find a path to a 6-6 record next year. I think we will be incredibly lucky to win three games.
You also have to live in a vacuum, meaning assume the opposition is static, while the stars align and things trend upward for CU. It’s pretty easy to argue that a few of the supposed winnable games on the 2022 slate are against teams who are trending upward. Maybe only CAL is trending downward. The others have new, interesting if not exciting coaches.

You also have to live in a vacuum, meaning assume the opposition is static, while the stars align and things trend upward for CU. It’s pretty easy to argue that a few of the supposed winnable games on the 2022 slate are against teams who are trending upward. Maybe only CAL is trending downward. The others have new, interesting if not exciting coaches.
I can see ASU trending downwards. The rest, yeah.

You really don't have to do mental gymnastics, you just have to bigbang yourself.

I credit those of you who have optimism that we could possibly win 4-5 games this upcoming season…over the last 15 years I’ve been optimistic heading into every season believing we could win 6 games and go the New Mexico Bowl and it’s happened twice during that span. Now I just realize that this program will never get back to a mediocre level, and I’ve accepted that we’re a bottom dweller. Sucks but should make this 0-12 season easier to go through

I’m holding off on full blown doom until is see the summer transfers. Still too early for me. The portal is still loaded with guys. If they land starter caliber players at S, T, DL and RB and pick up some depth at CB and OL (I think there is room for 6 more guys?) then I could see us winning 4-6 games.

Those saying “we only won because they sucked” type of stuff have to remember that happens every year all across the country. TCU doesn’t scare me. AFA is winnable. Full prediction from me will be in Fall camp only.

Great secondary, very good DLine and LB, smart/tough QB who’d played forever,decent WRs and RBs. Was all there that one year.
2016 secondary alone doesn’t win us any more games in 2021.
Don't forget;: "few injuries"...."lotsa lucky bounces"..."hit on a few diamonds-in-the-rough"........same formula that all but the monied Elite teams rely on!

Back