What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Depth Chart 2021 vs 2022

this defense is very bad.
Impossible to replace Landman and Gonzalez, other than that I don't buyin to all the despair.

Dline is solid and experienced. Lang, Sami, Jordan, Rodman, Jackson. with big boy Tyus Martin getting some run last year.

Losing Wells hurts, but Chance Main seems to be an energetic leader who has some playing experience and size, and a healthy Guy Thomas is huge! Devin Grant started to show up late last season as well. Hopefully So'oto makes monsters of these men.

LBs Barnes, Lamb, and Perry all flashed last year. Hopefully Hamm and newcomer ILB Smith can bring it.

DBs going to get tested. The optimism is the front 7 is solid enough to keep some of the pressure off the DBs. I am excited to see what Woods and/or Dixson can do at Safety with some real playing time. Wiggins looks like he has the physical tools to excel at CB this year.

Like I said, 7 - 8 transfers that were starters from other power 5 teams and we can talk about equaling last season’s ineptitude. Until then, I am going with one win and embree-like beat downs week-in-and-week-out.

Impossible to replace Landman and Gonzalez, other than that I don't buyin to all the despair.

Dline is solid and experienced. Lang, Sami, Jordan, Rodman, Jackson. with big boy Tyus Martin getting some run last year.

Losing Wells hurts, but Chance Main seems to be an energetic leader who has some playing experience and size, and a healthy Guy Thomas is huge! Devin Grant started to show up late last season as well. Hopefully So'oto makes monsters of these men.

LBs Barnes, Lamb, and Perry all flashed last year. Hopefully Hamm and newcomer ILB Smith can bring it.

DBs going to get tested. The optimism is the front 7 is solid enough to keep some of the pressure off the DBs. I am excited to see what Woods and/or Dixson can do at Safety with some real playing time. Wiggins looks like he has the physical tools to excel at CB this year.
People need to get realistic about Chance Main. Sure he’s enthusiastic - he’s stoked at the chance to be playing D1 and finally playing again. Who wouldn’t be? But that fact is he wasn’t a major force at a lower level and hasn’t played in 2 years. And frankly, I’m hearing he’s smaller than what we were told.

I’m willing to take any and all bets at O/U 23.5 tackles and O/U 2.0 TFL for the season.

Dude, lay off the drugs. Or do some research on our opponents. Or both.
My statement not that controversial. They beat 3 teams last year that look a lot like 8 opponents next year. Landman missed 2H of season, including wins over OSU and UW where D played much better. So our D that won those 2 needs to replace one DL (done), one OLB (Wells was good but no game changer) 3DB (Woods already better than Perry and young corners will be good and bad). Our O will definitely not be worse. Did the rest of Pac become worldbeaters without me noticing? Did 5-7 TCU just need a new coach and Buff safety? Too many here just whining to whine. Hawkins was right.

My statement not that controversial. They beat 3 teams last year that look a lot like 8 opponents next year. Landman missed 2H of season, including wins over OSU and UW where D played much better. So our D that won those 2 needs to replace one DL (done), one OLB (Wells was good but no game changer) 3DB (Woods already better than Perry and young corners will be good and bad). Our O will definitely not be worse. Did the rest of Pac become worldbeaters without me noticing? Did 5-7 TCU just need a new coach and Buff safety? Too many here just whining to whine. Hawkins was right.
I enjoyed the win over UW last year as much as anyone (you have to when you don’t win very often), but I was left with a weird feeling of, “damn - sucks to be them.” They had absolutely no business losing that game to CU.

Wells was the difference in the WA game. Seven solo tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 2 passes defended.

There is no one the Buffs have or will recruit for 2022 that can replace that.

I enjoyed the win over UW last year as much as anyone (you have to when you don’t win very often), but I was left with a weird feeling of, “damn - sucks to be them.” They had absolutely no business losing that game to CU.

Meh. As MM's mentor said, "you are what your record says you are."

People need to get realistic about Chance Main. Sure he’s enthusiastic - he’s stoked at the chance to be playing D1 and finally playing again. Who wouldn’t be? But that fact is he wasn’t a major force at a lower level and hasn’t played in 2 years. And frankly, I’m hearing he’s smaller than what we were told.

I’m willing to take any and all bets at O/U 23.5 tackles and O/U 2.0 TFL for the season.
His tape looks legit. And he's hungry. I'm optimistic, and I'll take that ****ty bet.

Da Lama, I don't get the perspective you've taken. Getting pissed at coaches and admin is one thing, I totally support it, but you seem hell bent on proving a point that you've been denigrating players who have yet to strap it on and get on the field. These kids need our support and its starting to feel like you're rooting for them to fail.

And the numbers do not support your assertion that Woods was better than Perry. Perry 44 solo tackles, 3 interceptions. Woods 10 solo tackles, 0 interceptions, and a fortuitous scoop and score.

Do your homework.

Like I said, 7 - 8 transfers that were starters from other power 5 teams and we can talk about equaling last season’s ineptitude. Until then, I am going with one win and embree-like beat downs week-in-and-week-out.
I fear you are right.

The only Buffs game I ever left early was the 2012 CU-Oregon game in Eugene. I had an 18 month old in tow, and the Buffs were down 56-0 at half when I left. I am not looking forward to those sorts of days again.

His tape looks legit. And he's hungry. I'm optimistic, and I'll take that ****ty bet.

Da Lama, I don't get the perspective you've taken. Getting pissed at coaches and admin is one thing, I totally support it, but you seem hell bent on proving a point that you've been denigrating players who have yet to strap it on and get on the field. These kids need our support and its starting to feel like you're rooting for them to fail.
The bet is win/win for me. The player talent level is what it is. Both current and those being recruited is G5 level at best. Just facts.

The bet is win/win for me. The player talent level is what it is. Both current and those being recruited is G5 level at best. Just facts.
More like a loser bet. CU sucks, you win the bet and get to rub the "I told you so" bet in our faces. F that. Support the players.

Adam reported that Main was talking to Florida State as well.

Like I said so many times. We are still in January, the roster is still going to change a lot. Some guys that didn't play last year will play this upcoming season. Some guys will get stronger, understand the playbook better. Play faster. There are so many unknowns. I can't join the doom and gloom parade just yet. Lets see what the roster looks like at the start of August camp. I am still optimistic about a winning season.

And the numbers do not support your assertion that Woods was better than Perry. Perry 44 solo tackles, 3 interceptions. Woods 10 solo tackles, 0 interceptions, and a fortuitous scoop and score.

Do your homework.
I mean, Perry was the starter and played a lot more snaps, but Woods was pretty good as a true freshman in the snaps he did get. Also… Fortuitous? He blocked a punt and returned it for a TD.

There is plenty of criticism to go around and plenty of reason to be pessimistic, but some of you guys are consistently going out of your way to **** on some of the good things within the program, seemingly to prove a point.

I mean, Perry was the starter and played a lot more snaps, but Woods was pretty good as a true freshman in the snaps he did get. Also… Fortuitous? He blocked a punt and returned it for a TD.

There is plenty of criticism to go around and plenty of reason to be pessimistic, but some of you guys are consistently going out of your way to **** on some of the good things within the program, seemingly to prove a point.
Uh huh, correct. Woods got less snaps because he was a backup. Backups are backups for a reason.

Look, I’m on record, in this message board, referring to Perry as JAG. He’s JAG. The poster, to make his point, suggested Woods was better than Perry. He wasn’t.

Uh huh, correct. Woods got less snaps because he was a backup. Backups are backups for a reason.

Look, I’m on record, in this message board, referring to Perry as JAG. He’s JAG. The poster, to make his point, suggested Woods was better than Perry. He wasn’t.
Poster suggesting Woods better next year than Perry this year.

Perry was a 3rd year player who was fairly disappointing, while Woods was a true freshman, but who needs context. The statement by said poster was projecting Woods as a better player next year than Perry was this year, which isn’t really a stretch considering Woods being fairly impactful as a true freshman.

I fear you are right.

The only Buffs game I ever left early was the 2012 CU-Oregon game in Eugene. I had an 18 month old in tow, and the Buffs were down 56-0 at half when I left. I am not looking forward to those sorts of days again.
I left that game as well. Did you get absolutely pummeled with rain as you were walking out too?

Perry was a 3rd year player who was fairly disappointing, while Woods was a true freshman, but who needs context. The statement by said poster was projecting Woods as a better player next year than Perry was this year, which isn’t really a stretch considering Woods being fairly impactful as a true freshman.
Ok, sure. You read into it whatever you want. I read it as quoted.

Back