What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

i don't see ku in the mix... worst tv ratings for football of those in the discussion and it is not even close. and no tv market to speak of.

if they are going to ignore ratings and go after markets and west geography then cal makes far more sense. and then we are screwed, of course, which is probably what is going to happen in pretty much every reasonable scenario.
KU's got a huge base for streaming subs due to its hoops program. One of the higher revenue ADs despite its football problems. Plus, they are geographically & culturally very comfortable for current B1G members. I'd be shocked if they aren't on the radar.

probably you are correct, but stanford doesn't move the needle on viewers at all. maybe the big just wants to feel good and tell itself it somehow still cares about academics and maybe that is the reason? if you have been to any games at stanford, the facilities are all top top notch for all sports, men and women, and the stands for all sports are empty, soulless, and basically devoid of anything that makes football fun to watch in person. or on tv. or really at all.

i dunno, the whole thing seems like ****ing voodoo at this point-- i don't know what we are being evaluated on or if we are really even in the mix... i do know that the big shanked the pac and then lit the body on fire with these moves and the tv deal they cut.

Agree, Califnoria is the place for me. I can't get enough of stepping on used heroin needles, human faces, and tent cities.

Here are the 10 states with the highest murder rate:
  1. Louisiana (12.4 per 100k)
  2. Missouri (9.8 per 100k)
  3. Nevada (9.1 per 100k)
  4. Maryland (9 per 100k)
  5. Arkansas (8.6 per 100k)
  6. Alaska (8.4 per 100k)
  7. Alabama (8.3 per 100k)
  8. Mississippi (8.2 per 100k)
  9. Illinois (7.8 per 100k)
  10. South Carolina (7.8 per 100k)
  11. Link
Tell us about the heaven on earth locales like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas… 🙄

Despite years of Democratic leadership, wealth inequality California is among the worst in the country.

This is just another in a long list of facts that prove that Democrats are the party of the elites.

Um, there is a reason so many Inc500, S&P500 companies are founded there and not anywhere else. That kind of things is a big cause to wealth disparity.

The way I see it we all have a choice:
1. Stay where you like to live and be on the outside of California (or New York for that matter) looking in and complain about them.
2. Move there and make a lot more money and "suck it up" for being forced to live near the god forsaken ocean, ****ty redwood forest, or skiing.

2 UCLA regents came out and said they have the power to block the move. Would be comical if they blocked it to spite the athletic department.

shocked danielle macdonald GIF by NETFLIX

ok, if that is true, do they take cal as the stanford partner even though they bring nothing to the table? if so, we are ****ed... big suggests the magic number for them is 20 schools. 14 now + usc/ucla + 4 TBD = we are headed to the b12.

this whole thing blows.
If you believe that Fluguar guy from Minnesota, he's come out saying IF one could go to Vegas and bet Stanford to be invited to the Big10 he would pour all his $$ to that bet. I don't see how Cal could bring anything to the table other than shutting up the regents in the state system.

or get ACC members to consider legally challenging the GoR
Considering the AAU requirement the B1G seems to have for anyone not named Notre Dame, I'd think the ACC targets are Virginia, North Carolina and GA Tech. Pitt duplicates a market and Duke would seem too hoops-focused. Maybe they'd make an exception for Miami on academics, but I think that's it.

Maybe they're thinking to take 4 from the west to get to 20 and then 3 + ND (Miami as backup) from the ACC to reach 24?

If you believe that Fluguar guy from Minnesota, he's come out saying IF one could go to Vegas and bet Stanford to be invited to the Big10 he would pour all his $$ to that bet. I don't see how Cal could bring anything to the table other than shutting up the regents in the state system.

Cal has the most leverage they are going to have right now. If the regents don't push for Cal as a condition of UCLA going, then Cal is likely screwed since the B1G would probably prefer Stanford and only one school in the Nor Cal market is probably sufficient for the networks for the purpose of capturing in market subscription fee rates.

Considering the AAU requirement the B1G seems to have for anyone not named Notre Dame, I'd think the ACC targets are Virginia, North Carolina and GA Tech. Pitt duplicates a market and Duke would seem too hoops-focused. Maybe they'd make an exception for Miami on academics, but I think that's it.

Maybe they're thinking to take 4 from the west to get to 20 and then 3 + ND (Miami as backup) from the ACC to reach 24?
could be.

UVA, UNC, Stanford and ND would be my top four "most likely to the B1G." I think GT could be in the mix, not sure about Miami.

could be.

UVA, UNC, Stanford and ND would be my top four "most likely to the B1G." I think GT could be in the mix, not sure about Miami.
I think ND is off the table.

If they go to 20 and can take their pick from both ACC and P12, I would say my top 4 most likely would be UO, UW, Stanford, GT (UO is definitely the academic lightweight on that set). If they go to 24, then I think UNC, UVA, and then pick two of CU, UA, Miami.

Not sure you can say KU is on the radar despite football, but Duke is too hoops-focused.

IMO, Duke is a far more attractive addition than KU. At least Duke football is serviceable. No KU hoops fan I know gives any ****s whatsoever about their football program, even when they've had their good seasons.

Not sure you can say KU is on the radar despite football, but Duke is too hoops-focused.

IMO, Duke is a far more attractive addition than KU. At least Duke football is serviceable. No KU hoops fan I know gives any ****s whatsoever about their football program, even when they've had their good seasons.
KC is a top 30 metro, iirc. New home market for BTN. Duke is in the same market as UNC so would have the same drawback as Pitt vis a vis Penn State.

If the Cal regents keep this up (and I hope they do just for the spectacle of it all) then I can easily see the B1G telling UCLA that they can stay behind and they’ll take Stanford, thankyouverymuch.

If the Cal regents keep this up (and I hope they do just for the spectacle of it all) then I can easily see the B1G telling UCLA that they can stay behind and they’ll take Stanford, thankyouverymuch.
How much of that B1G TV contract that was just signed was predicated on owning the entire LA market, though? Talk about best case scenario for the Pac 11 in that case. Fox would almost be forced to bid on the Pac TV rights in that case.

What a change it would be for the Pac, too. Keep UCLA, keep/share the LA market, add SDSU, TCU and Houston to get into CTZ and add those TV markets and then have a bidding war between Fox and ESPN

betcha the cal regents block nothing. that whole meeting felt like bureaucratic ass covering by bloviating pols. "uh, mr. lawyer, do the regents have the power to overrule the school" "yes" "see they should have consulted the regents before making the move." "yep." "hand slap for ucla." everyone moves on...

I lived in North Dakota for a brief period in my life. People there found out I was from Colorado and almost to a man their first question was “what the **** are you doing here?”
From first hand experience I can tell you that North Dakota sucks. Hard.
Yeah, I'm sure winter was pleasant.

I lived in North Dakota for a brief period in my life. People there found out I was from Colorado and almost to a man their first question was “what the **** are you doing here?”
From first hand experience I can tell you that North Dakota sucks. Hard.
People would say that to me in Boston too. :ROFLMAO: But add, "Aw, Colorado. That there is some beautiful country."

North Dakota is the best Dakota. Here’s all you need to know about the empty North. The dumb people and the medium people in WY, SD, MT, and ND are all the same, but the smart people in ND are much smarter than the smart people in the other 3. Spent lots of time in all 4 states in my younger work days, and lived for a few years in both WY and MT. So there you have it. JMHO
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Come back to reality, bro.

i do not believe nd will join a conference-- it doesn't have to so it won't. and even if they expand the playoffs and add paydays for that and such, nd will still as an independent have a preferential path int.

i also am greatly struggling with the idea that the big would want to add cal. they bring nothing to the table. basically, the only tv viewers they draw are alums and the fans of their opponents. they are also hugely in debt and poorly managed.

i am also perplexed a bit by the idea that the big, in expansion, would want to completely ignore the markets of colorado and arizona.

also, if the big really does have a minimum academics bar it wants to stay above, then asu is ****ed.

thusly, doesn't the draft order of remaining schools look something like this:

1. uo
2. uw
3. CU
4. arizona
5. utah
6. stanford

or thereabouts?

The B1G wants more western members to cut down on USC and UCLA's travel and Oregon and Washington are easily the most attractive. I think Stanford is only in play if ND agrees to join and wants them to invite Stanford too. In the scenario where ND stays independent that would eliminate the desire to invite Stanford, so then it's somewhat reasonable to think CU would be in play. Which leaves 1 more spot assuming the B1G wants to go to 20 and maybe that would be Cal to get them into the NoCal market even though I do agree with most that Cal doesn't bring much. But I would put Cal ahead of Utah on the list. I could also see the case for Arizona since they are AAU too and have a much better fanbase than Cal.

Last edited:
i don't see ku in the mix... worst tv ratings for football of those in the discussion and it is not even close. and no tv market to speak of.

if they are going to ignore ratings and go after markets and west geography then cal makes far more sense. and then we are screwed, of course, which is probably what is going to happen in pretty much every reasonable scenario.

The arguments for KU to the Pac or B1G have never made any sense. Just in case anyone isn't aware, basketball is a complete afterthought in expansion decisions plus KU arguably has the most apathetic football fanbase out there of any school not already in the SEC or B1G outside of Stanford or Duke. Stanford has the NoCal market in its favor plus possibly ND to pull them along and Duke is rarely mentioned as a player in the big 2 expansion talks although they certainly have more national allure than KU.

All of me wants ND to stay independent and then big and sec close the playoffs to their two conferences. Won't happen, but a boy can dream.

The arguments for KU to the Pac or B1G have never made any sense. Just in case anyone isn't aware, basketball is a complete afterthought in expansion decisions plus KU arguably has the most apathetic football fanbase out there of any school not already in the SEC or B1G outside of Stanford or Duke. Stanford has the NoCal market in its favor plus possibly ND to pull them along and Duke is rarely mentioned as a player in the big 2 expansion talks although they certainly have more national allure than KU.
I don't think that is necessarily true. If a conference is loaded with football powerhouses, does adding another football powerhouse add more value than bringing in a basketball powerhouse? You can already fill the football slate with good games all day long. I would think UNC and Duke would be a very attractive add if it were not for the GOR thing.

Um, there is a reason so many Inc500, S&P500 companies are founded there and not anywhere else. That kind of things is a big cause to wealth disparity.

The way I see it we all have a choice:
1. Stay where you like to live and be on the outside of California (or New York for that matter) looking in and complain about them.
2. Move there and make a lot more money and "suck it up" for being forced to live near the god forsaken ocean, ****ty redwood forest, or skiing.
Corporatist?

buncha hooplah
it isn’t a flounder thread without mention of Nodak, sex toys, and record breaking heat

Back