What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

If the Cal regents keep this up (and I hope they do just for the spectacle of it all) then I can easily see the B1G telling UCLA that they can stay behind and they’ll take Stanford, thankyouverymuch.
I don't think anything comes of that but UCLA having to give Cal some of their Big 10 money.

Considering the AAU requirement the B1G seems to have for anyone not named Notre Dame, I'd think the ACC targets are Virginia, North Carolina and GA Tech. Pitt duplicates a market and Duke would seem too hoops-focused. Maybe they'd make an exception for Miami on academics, but I think that's it.

Maybe they're thinking to take 4 from the west to get to 20 and then 3 + ND (Miami as backup) from the ACC to reach 24?
Washington Wizards Bruhh GIF by NBC Sports Washington

Its about money now. Thats it.

Um, there is a reason so many Inc500, S&P500 companies are founded there and not anywhere else. That kind of things is a big cause to wealth disparity.

The way I see it we all have a choice:
1. Stay where you like to live and be on the outside of California (or New York for that matter) looking in and complain about them.
2. Move there and make a lot more money and "suck it up" for being forced to live near the god forsaken ocean, ****ty redwood forest, or skiing

How about about having success and making huge money outside of California and being incredibly happy you don’t live in that ****hole state? Your narrow-mindedness is obvious.

How about about having success and making huge money outside of California and being incredibly happy you don’t live in that ****hole state? Your narrow-mindedness is obvious.
Opportunity.

There is more there then a lot of places. And there is more venture capital.

Not sure you can say KU is on the radar despite football, but Duke is too hoops-focused.

IMO, Duke is a far more attractive addition than KU. At least Duke football is serviceable. No KU hoops fan I know gives any ****s whatsoever about their football program, even when they've had their good seasons.
Dude- I've not been around KU football since the B12 days for CU, but Duke football is pathetic. They were dead last in P5 attendance last year (something like 15K per home game). I went to a game at the end of the season where they didn't even scan all the tickets for people in my party. outside of like 10K people, there is no one who gives a **** about Duke football. Although I will add that I think Elko could be a good hire.

Dude- I've not been around KU football since the B12 days for CU, but Duke football is pathetic. They were dead last in P5 attendance last year (something like 15K per home game). I went to a game at the end of the season where they didn't even scan all the tickets for people in my party. outside of like 10K people, there is no one who gives a **** about Duke football. Although I will add that I think Elko could be a good hire.
I guess there’s a little more recency bias for me with Duke. They had a stretch starting in Cutcliffes 3rd season where they were going to bowl games regularly, won the ACC, went 3-3 in bowl games, and were winning 7-8 games/year. They also pretty much finish around the middle of the ACC every year.

KU had a similar run under Mangino, but has been so so so bad over the last decade having finished last in the Big 12 in 10 of the last 11 years.

Until 4 posts back I didn’t know Duke had a football team, much less they were P5.

What is interesting about that Duke season - USC scored in the final minute to win the Rose Bowl 7-3. Those were the only points scored against Duke that entire season. They were one minute away from a scoreless season.

For whatever this is worth:

If by some miracle CU ends up in the B1G, I will rescind 90% of the **** I've thrown at RG, and will begin counting down the days until Phil dies or retires.

If the miracle happens, the single biggest thing that will be preventing CU's return to greatness will reside in the Chancellor's office.

If by some miracle CU ends up in the B1G, I will rescind 90% of the **** I've thrown at RG, and will begin counting down the days until Phil dies or retires.

If the miracle happens, the single biggest thing that will be preventing CU's return to greatness will reside in the Chancellor's office.
its gonna be UDub, Oregon, Stanford and Cal

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around both Cal and Stanford.

One I get. Both, not so much.
I pretty much agree with this. I think cu is right in that 4-5 school on the list. It would be great to have cu Nebraska again. Time will tell if there is any truth here. If truth is there we will see if cu is even included.

its gonna be UDub, Oregon, Stanford and Cal
That’s what Forde and Wetzel were suggesting the other day, and then saying the four corner schools to Big 12. Seems to be the most likely scenario and only question is which move happens first? Can’t imagine a Pac media deal being agreed upon if this is the case and it feels like it’s probably happening in the next 2 years

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around both Cal and Stanford.

One I get. Both, not so much.

Stanford only makes sense if ND decides to join and wants to drag Stanford along. Otherwise I could see Cal being they are a state flagship school and being in the NoCal market. Plus they have a better fanbase than Stanford. CU, Cal, Oregon and Washington seems like a reasonable possibility.

Stanford only makes sense if ND decides to join and wants to drag Stanford along. Otherwise I could see Cal being they are a state flagship school and being in the NoCal market. Plus they have a better fanbase than Stanford. CU, Cal, Oregon and Washington seems like a reasonable possibility.
Neither program has much of a fan base and the Bay Area sucks for CFB ratings. I’m honestly surprised either of those programs are even being considered, regardless of market size. That being said, Stanford does have the rivalries with ND and USC that create more matchup options to fill one of those 3 time slots the B1G now has, and bringing Stanford could be used to entice ND to fold and join.

I’m just wondering what ESPN/SEC does in an attempt to secure evening inventory if the B1G does take Stanford, Cal, UW and OR. Do they try to bring in the 4 corner schools, or do they just stand pat?

I understand the phrase "turd in punchbowl", but not following you here.
UCLA may be blocked from joining Big because it would abandon sister institution Cal. If Cal gets invite, it’s is no longer “turd in punch bowl”, as they would both go to Big and thus all the political kerfuffle would immediately die.

UCLA may be blocked from joining Big because it would abandon sister institution Cal. If Cal gets invite, it’s is no longer “turd in punch bowl”, as they would both go to Big and thus all the political kerfuffle would immediately die.
That presumes the noise about blocking UCLA's move has any legs -- I just don't buy that.

Four more to B1G seems about right. I see Oregon, Wash, Stanford and ol' CU. Cal doesn't make sense. Colorado pluses for location, market and travel; and maybe CU-Neb history. And be cool to beat Mich St.

Four more to B1G seems about right. I see Oregon, Wash, Stanford and ol' CU. Cal doesn't make sense. Colorado pluses for market and travel; and maybe CU-Neb history. And be cool to beat Mich St.
Listening to some podcasts and they went through the current B1G schedule and tried finding 3 games every week that are going to rate well enough to really warrant being on FOX, CBS, and NBC consecutively. There are a few weeks here and there with 2 but rarely 3. Adding SC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington and Stanford will certainly add more, but we also know CU/NU brings a huge audience, and USC/CU and Oregon/CU both being good ratings, and I think CU/Michigan and CU/Wisconsin would also draw.

Back