What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

west vigina twat is getting absolutely nuked on twitter. it is glorious. he's thrown himself to to the wolves and they are very hungry.

we aren't going to the truckstop 12 unless and until that becomes our best option by a large margin. school presidents drive this, not athletics alone.

also for all the hype the big 10 gets, please do remember they have won 3 national championships in the last 50 years. maybe they go big now with the new commish and bring in like 4-6 pac schools. maybe we make the cut.

we hang in there and hope this gets done right.

west vigina twat is getting absolutely nuked on twitter. it is glorious. he's thrown himself to to the wolves and they are very hungry.

we aren't going to the truckstop 12 unless and until that becomes our best option by a large margin. school presidents drive this, not athletics alone.

also for all the hype the big 10 gets, please do remember they have won 3 national championships in the last 50 years. maybe they go big now with the new commish and bring in like 4-6 pac schools. maybe we make the cut.

Have to admit I was doubting we would hold strong. It was getting too noisy and RG or Todd had to say something. But to quote tweet the realignment catphisher WV? Did not see that coming. Major props for going straight at him.

On actual realignment, it’s good to have a North Star. For years I just wanted to compete in the P12. Now, I want us to dominate it. No way should we leave before we clown Oregon, Washington and Utah into oblivion. There’s unfinished business in this conference and I don’t want to leave until it’s settled.

So, that’s what I want. Beat the P12 down. And then focus on B1G and SEC.

Yes yes. I want to be in a 24 team conference thats too hard to win in yet the same teams already there get most of the important air time and the same 2 or 3 teams are conference champs year in and year out.

You know what P12 teams are good for in the BIG10? Filling the night time slots on the Big10 Network when everyone on the east coast is going to bed.

#ButMoney

Last edited:
Yes yes. I want to be a 24 team conference thats too hard to win in yet the same teams already there get most of the important air time and the same 2 or 3 teams are conference champs year in and year out.

You know what P12 teams are good for in the BIG10? Filling the night time slots on the Big10 Network when everyone on the east coast is going to bed.

#ButMoney
Colorado could be the B1G team that would recruit Texas the most. So there’s that game changer.

Also, look at the playoffs. In mbb, if you’re a B1G and you breathe, there’s a good chance you make the tourney. The cfb playoffs could be similar, with 2 possibly 3 teams making it. It’s the best long term move for CU.

Colorado could be the B1G team that would recruit Texas the most. So there’s that game changer.

Also, look at the playoffs. In mbb, if you’re a B1G and you breathe, there’s a good chance you make the tourney. The cfb playoffs could be similar, with 2 possibly 3 teams making it. It’s the best long term move for CU.
In a scenario where the B1G and SEC are comprised of 24 teams each (even 20 teams each, tbh), the new 12 team playoff rules with auto bids for conference champs would be thrown out and it would likely just be the top 12 teams in the country with no autobids and G5s are probably on the outside looking in.

In all likelihood, though, if the SEC and B1G both move to 24 teams, I think the playoff is basically closed off to non-P2 programs and at that point, it's likely expanded to 14 or 16 teams, essentially mimicking the NFL, with 7-8 teams from each conference making the playoffs.

Have to admit I was doubting we would hold strong. It was getting too noisy and RG or Todd had to say something. But to quote tweet the realignment catphisher WV? Did not see that coming. Major props for going straight at him.

On actual realignment, it’s good to have a North Star. For years I just wanted to compete in the P12. Now, I want us to dominate it. No way should we leave before we clown Oregon, Washington and Utah into oblivion. There’s unfinished business in this conference and I don’t want to leave until it’s settled.

So, that’s what I want. Beat the P12 down. And then focus on B1G and SEC.
You guys are making too much of RG quote tweeting the idiot from West Virginia. Monday's meeting is another update for the BoR on the cluster**** that the media rights negotiations have become. Nothing newsworthy was coming of that.

A north star? unfinished business in the Pac 12? What the **** are you even talking about? I want to see CU do what it has to ensure CU is protected. I'm not attached to this league at all. Its hard for me to give a **** about the other teams in this league-especially now that USC and UCLA are gone. Frankly, I ****ing hate this conference. The leadership has been nothing short of incompetent since we joined it, including Kliavkoff.

This whole thing is damn fascinating to me.
If I had more confidence in GK I'd feel a lot better about things, If he can pull a good deal out of his ass I'll be impressed.
Meanwhile it's imperative CU upsets at least one of the following (USC, Oregon, Utah) proving that they can compete
with the top teams. The next 6 years is a tryout,

You guys are making too much of RG quote tweeting the idiot from West Virginia. Monday's meeting is another update for the BoR on the cluster**** that the media rights negotiations have become. Nothing newsworthy was coming of that.

A north star? unfinished business in the Pac 12? What the **** are you even talking about? I want to see CU do what it has to ensure CU is protected. I'm not attached to this league at all. Its hard for me to give a **** about the other teams in this league-especially now that USC and UCLA are gone. Frankly, I ****ing hate this conference. The leadership has been nothing short of incompetent since we joined it, including Kliavkoff.
Dominate Oregon, Washington and Utah. Get ready for B1G or SEC. How hard is that to understand?

Whine about the P12 all you want but it’s Colorado’s own damn fault we got our a** kicked for 10 years not the conferences fault. There’s no defending CU’s own incompetence wasn’t worse than P12 leadership. We were the problem. Facts!

Dominate Oregon, Washington and Utah. Get ready for B1G or SEC. How hard is that to understand?

Whine about the P12 all you want but it’s Colorado’s own damn fault we got our a** kicked for 10 years not the conferences fault. There’s no defending CU’s own incompetence wasn’t worse than P12 leadership. We were the problem. Facts!
I couldn't give less of a rat's ass about those three than I do, dude.

CU is going to have a home one way or the other here. Whether that's the Pac 12 lays entirely at the feet of George Kliavkoff.

I couldn't give less of a rat's ass about those three than I do, dude.

CU is going to have a home one way or the other here. Whether that's the Pac 12 lays entirely at the feet of George Kliavkoff.
I don’t expect every CU fan to want to take down those three as much as I do. If that’s just me that’s ok.

On the commissioner role on staying in the P12, I agree. It’s time to see the hand we are being dealt here.

I don’t expect every CU fan to want to take down those three as much as I do. If that’s just me that’s ok.

On the commissioner role on staying in the P12, I agree. It’s time to see the hand we are being dealt here.
Its not a very good one.

I'm open minded, I'll accept an answer to any of them.
I’m guessing we will have some kind of resolution to the media deal fiasco in 4-6 weeks. At that point, ITB will calm down unless it means we are staying in the PAC. If we stay in the PAC we will continue to be bombarded with hit pieces from B12 shills until either we move to the B12 or that conference folds under the weight of its inadequacies. Buffnik will undoubtedly get ramped up again with the realignment scenarios. Everybody will continue to talk out of their ass as long as allbuffs remains.

I’m guessing we will have some kind of resolution to the media deal fiasco in 4-6 weeks. At that point, ITB will calm down unless it means we are staying in the PAC. If we stay in the PAC we will continue to be bombarded with hit pieces from B12 shills until either we move to the B12 or that conference folds under the weight of its inadequacies. Buffnik will undoubtedly get ramped up again with the realignment scenarios. Everybody will continue to talk out of their ass as long as allbuffs remains.
I'm already kind of ramped up. Anything that happens now just needs to be good money with great playoff positioning and nationally accessible media for recruits & player families. I see it as an interim deal wherein CU has to position itself to be a top tier property for the next round of realignment - whether that's a league that eliminates independent conference negotiations like the NFL, joining the B1G or SEC, being a headline member of a 3rd major conference spun off from the P12/ACC/B12/G5 highest value properties and gets media revenue close to B1G/SEC, or something else we haven't considered (like the new Pac doing so well it can get a B1G level deal with USC/UCLA coming back).

I'm fine with the PAC as long as it's not stuck on Ion, CW, Apple or Amazon for the majority of games.
Colorado hired Coach Prime for exposure and winning. It would go against their plans to have games where recruits, families and fans have to search and hope they can find the Buffs game. That lack of exposure won't help get CU to the BIG10 or SEC. Games need to be on more traditional networks, not always on late night.
If GK can pull a unicorn out of his ass then great, staying is the first choice. I'm cautious and leary.

Not arguing with you here. Just find it ironic that Ion, CW, Apple and Amazon would all be major step-ups in game distribution over the Pac-12 Network.
And no worse (maybe better) than ESPN+, where we'll find the majority of ACC and B12 games.
Where did I recently read that 70% of BIG12 games are guaranteed to be on ESPN/ABC or FOX/FS1 channels ?
That's a majority over 30% ESPN+.

To me ESPN+, and Amazon are comparable and Apple below both.

Where did I recently read that 70% of BIG12 games are guaranteed to be on ESPN/ABC or FOX/FS1 channels ?
That's a majority over 30% ESPN+.

To me ESPN+, and Amazon are comparable and Apple below both.
Would you value ESPN2, U and FS2 over those networks?

I would agree on the main ESPN and maybe FS1, but even those aren't on basic cable.

And if we recruited Texas anyways with Prime and won the Pac12 like TCU won the BigXII and made it to the playoffs?

I appreciate that mention basketball but Football is driving the bus on this mess. And with a 64 team playoff lots of teams will get into that. Much harder on a 4 team playoff.

Soooooo exactly what the P12 is now and has been for a while?

Yes. Touche. Im just thinking about the fact that Fox has two good time slots on any given Saturday with deep audience; early afternoon and late afternoon. tOSU, Michigan, PSU probably dominate those two time slots because they get ratings. If exposure is very valuable for recruiting and its hard to get on TV we could get lost in the pack (Well Off is genius btw). Nebraska should have gotten out of its quagmire by now yet they remain at the back of the pack.

here's a spin for you poor cynical bastards... MAYBE the monday meeting is to finalize our move to be an independent with our own amazon streaming deal to go with the prime documentary. **** those other guys! we are going to notre dame this mutha.

Bbc Dancing GIF by The QI Elves

Back