What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

This guy has been on this for quite a while now. Many here were calling him crazy or full of himself.
There's been smoke billowing for months so I'm not in shock.

You think the ACC is going to sit idle here? Or how about Clemson, Miami, Florida and N Carolina in particular?
There are some big names that are not going to sit still.

I don't expect Oregon, Washington, Cal or Stanford to fall as hard as we will.

My question is what will happen with ASU or UofA. They too picked a bad time to be irrelevant in football.

Well at least I’m old enough to remember when CU football mattered and they played nationally televised primetime games the day after Thanksgiving against Nebraska. Can’t even imagine what the early 90s were like. Now their identity is losing with no rivals to care about during a losing season and now in a conference that is likely to be filled with also-rans.

I’m a DU alumnus first and foremost but root for CU football because I also spent 4 years there and their competition at the highest level of college football always appealed. If they get left behind in an effective “G5-lite” conference then I have no more reason to root for them over Air Force, CSU, or Wyoming. I’ve already transitioned to financially supporting DU programs so this just re-affirms that decision. DU is irrelevant on the national stage but at least they win in hockey and it’s fun to go to Magness. CU football is depressing as hell

I don't expect Oregon, Washington, Cal or Stanford to fall as hard as we will.

My question is what will happen with ASU or UofA. They too picked a bad time to be irrelevant in football.

I don't see what Cal and Stanford bring to the table purely as football programs when you ignore their location.

Nobody is going to be dragged
This whole deal is now going to involve your "Ownership/Donor/NIL Group Pool"
Put up or shut up
CU must focus on either getting off the mat and going all in, or move accordingly
I do not want to play Nebraska again by the way, they are buying recruits hand over fist, and we will not likely beat them again, so let's retire the series with our last two wins

The possibility of a USC +5 means there’s a chance CU is in that group. I honestly don’t know if I want that to happen. The landscape of college football has changed so dramatically and I really don’t like the direction it’s going.

A Big 8 with CU, OSU, KU, ISU, KSU, CSU, Utah and BYU sounds like a pretty decent conference that I could enjoy watching. Solid football, high level hoops, and none of the absurdity that we are seeing from the likes of USC, UT and A&M. Let the big dogs do their thing. I’m tired of playing (and losing) in that sandbox.

Nobody is going to be dragged
This whole deal is now going to involve your "Ownership/Donor/NIL Group Pool"
Put up or shut up
CU must focus on either getting off the mat and going all in, or move accordingly
I do not want to play Nebraska again by the way, they are buying recruits hand over fist, and we will not likely beat them again, so let's retire the series with our last two wins
The possibility of a USC +5 means there’s a chance CU is in that group. I honestly don’t know if I want that to happen. The landscape of college football has changed so dramatically and I really don’t like the direction it’s going.

A Big 8 with CU, OSU, KU, ISU, KSU, CSU, Utah and BYU sounds like a pretty decent conference that I could enjoy watching. Solid football, high level hoops, and none of the absurdity that we are seeing from the likes of USC, UT and A&M. Let the big dogs do their thing. I’m tired of playing (and losing) in that sandbox.

I too want no part of the Nubs unless we're gonna start competing on a recruiting level. They're going to steamroll us like the 60s and 70s if this continues.

Puke. But probably better than the alternative of a PAC/MWC conference

Washington and Oregon have to be going with them. This doesn't make sense if its just the two LA schools.

If we're back in the Big 12 because of this.......I'm actually good with it. Its a better league than some weird combination of MWC schools joining what's left of the PAC, and there would be nobody in it who can break the league because they want more money like USC, UT, and to a lesser extent A&M have with their leagues. Does it keep a seat at the CFP table? I'd think so.

So, the PAC 12 structure has essentially an EXIT / OFF RAMP that everyone can execute right now and can leave without paying the conference a dime?

If the conference is a Delaware corporation, 3/4 vote to dissolve and not pay a penny.

I’m honestly wondering if this is what those two boosters were referring to when they tweeted about us winning a national championship again. If we end up being part of this, I could definitely see why they might be thinking that.

I’m honestly wondering if this is what those two boosters were referring to when they tweeted about us winning a national championship again. If we end up being part of this, I could definitely see why they might be thinking that.
So, the Boosters essentially have/had no confidence in the structure and operation of the PAC 12 and thus we are sitting lifeless until a bigger move is made and then they are all in, or if it blows up, we just find a landing spot

More on timing​

Today, June 30, would be the last day USC and UCLA could inform the Pac-12 they intend on leaving the conference if they want to avoid potential additional financial penalties, three sources tell CBS Sports' Matt Norlander. The active Pac-12 grant of rights expires on June 30, 2024.....so if you wanted to know why this is coming out today, there is your answer.

So, the Boosters essentially have/had no confidence in the structure and operation of the PAC 12 and thus we are sitting lifeless until a bigger move is made and then they are all in, or if it blows up, we just find a landing spot
No. Boosters were talking about something big coming up. Being very secretive. The hope is that they knew this was coming I guess.

Back