What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I wonder what Notre Dame does now. That partial tie to the ACC is starting to not look so great.
Well, one thing is for sure: ND will show how committed it is to it’s so-called traditional values. My guess is they grab the cash and abandon their “values”. Not that I’d blame them, but it will be entertaining to witness their hypocrisy up close and personal.

I'm sure ND is making an emergency call to Rome to get a big wad of cash to buy out the ACC membership.
they don't need it. they have all the money they need domestically to do anything they want.

Well, if we actually have boosters beyond Kelli Brooks who have the dough to cough up, maybe they are still close enough to Mike Bohn to have made a play. Who knows. If that is the case, I hope we have the new president on board for cleaning house and hiring and administration, starting with the chancellor, that will be interested and vested in purging the crap in the AD and bringing in a profession level AD that can right this freaking ship and knows how to play ball in the 21st century. If not, who cares and it will not matter

Washington and Oregon have to be going with them. This doesn't make sense if its just the two LA schools.

If we're back in the Big 12 because of this.......I'm actually good with it. Its a better league than some weird combination of MWC schools joining what's left of the PAC, and there would be nobody in it who can break the league because they want more money like USC, UT, and to a lesser extent A&M have with their leagues. Does it keep a seat at the CFP table? I'd think so.
I wonder if the state legislatures would demand that they stay in the same conference as WSU and OreSU. I can't imagine that the B1G would have interest in those two. A few posters on the Oregon board were worried that state lawmakers might make such a demand, although that was just message board worrying.

If the B1G is looking at SC up to + 5, it is doubtful CU follows. UW, Oregon, fUCLA, Stanford/Cal seem to be the obvious players. AZ, ASU CU and UU are likely out.

CU going back to the neutered B12? Talk about eating crow. Can't wait for those gripping Buff/ Bearcat games...

Well, if we actually have boosters beyond Kelli Brooks who have the dough to cough up, maybe they are still close enough to Mike Bohn to have made a play. Who knows. If that is the case, I hope we have the new president on board for cleaning house and hiring and administration, starting with the chancellor, that will be interested and vested in purging the crap in the AD and bringing in a profession level AD that can right this freaking ship and knows how to play ball in the 21st century. If not, who cares and it will not matter
Unless some reasonable parameters are put around NIL, it won’t make any difference. Basically, for CU to be even mediocre at the highest levels of college football, we need several things to happen, none of which seem all that likely to me.

I would love it if CU, Arizona, ASU and Utah get the invite and Oregon and UW dont
The Denver Metro area is likely dragging CU into a potential super conference by itself
It is just a market that should be part of it, because as much as other CFB schools are big players, they are in small ****ty places
Problem is we are not built to follow the pathway, unless the Walton's can also buy CU Football and use it as the minor league team

DiStephano, Plati, RG and every other administrator in the AD. They all have to go.

Well, one thing is for sure: ND will show how committed it is to it’s so-called traditional values. My guess is they grab the cash and abandon their “values”. Not that I’d blame them, but it will be entertaining to witness their hypocrisy up close and personal.

I wouldn't call it hypocrisy if the choice is between survival and death. I don't like Notre Dame one bit, but self-preservation comes before all.

That Minnesota insider has been pretty spot on since Q1 this year a little before UT/OU happened

I combed the Minnesota board back when that happened and followed all of their 247 updates. I can say that he was actually saying Colorado was very much a contender for the move several months ago when he was talking about the UCLA/USC move. Our on-field performance was lackluster but he was adamant we checked a lot of boxes for the Big 10. He fielded a bunch of questions about it and we were firmly in the mix at that point so I wouldn’t be surprised if we make the cut at +5

That said, idgaf if we go to Big 10 or join a mid major conference at this point. It’s a wash to me since we’ll probably suck in either one

That Minnesota insider has been pretty spot on since Q1 this year a little before UT/OU happened

I combed the Minnesota board back then and followed all of their 247 updates and can say that he was actually saying Colorado was very much a contender for the move. Our on-field performance was lackluster but he was adamant we checked a lot of boxes for the Big 10

That said, idgaf if we go to Big 10 or join a mid major conference at this point. It’s a wash to me since we’ll probably suck in either one
On field performance is not really a factor, otherwise the SEC and B1G would have kicked Rutgers, Miss St, Illinois, Indiana, Vandy, etc to the curb a long time ago.

I wouldn't call it hypocrisy if the choice is between survival and death. I don't like Notre Dame one bit, but self-preservation comes before all.
Death isn’t a part of it, though. They can always have a football team. They can justify it by calling it an existential crisis, but it isn’t. At the end of the day, they want to be at the big boys table. And that’s fine. But it’ll be pretty clear that those occupying a spot at that table have very little interest in academic integrity.

I combed the Minnesota board back when that happened and followed all of their 247 updates. I can say that he was actually saying Colorado was very much a contender for the move several months ago when he was talking about the UCLA/USC move. Our on-field performance was lackluster but he was adamant we checked a lot of boxes for the Big 10. He fielded a bunch of questions about it and we were firmly in the mix at that point so I wouldn’t be surprised if we make the cut at +5

The dude? Did he call the UT/OU move?

I’m going off things people in the know are saying, not what you think to be the case. CU is in a unique spot where they are not tied to another in-state program in the same conference. There are a lot of things at play here that may or may not matter to the B1G
If their priority is research and academics, CU has a chance. If it's athletics, we're fooked.

Back