What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Why on earth did USNWR enter the discussion? University presidents don't use that. Elites like Harvard Medical refused to continue reporting to that ranking because it's not good at what it tries to do.

Because it was the first hit on Google. Yeesh.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 5.25.16 PM.png

I look forward to you reporting back after you look up the rankings (system of your choice) for all of the Pac 12 and Big 12 schools. A schematic would be nice.

Why on earth did USNWR enter the discussion? University presidents don't use that. Elites like Harvard Medical refused to continue reporting to that ranking because it's not good at what it tries to do.
It has many faults, but the quick answer would be because it's by far the most cited ranking system used by prospective students and their parents (unfortunately). So flaws and all, it has a lot of impact.

The gulf between us and Duke is smaller than the gulf between Duke and Washington (according to Shanghai).

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Medical school is a whole other ball of wax. Even the worst medical schools receive the best students. They're impossible to get into. I can see why medical schools are left wondering what purpose do the rankings serve? Apples and oranges to undergrad.

What else should we talk about?
Metamorphic Rocks: Heat and Pressure.
Facelifts: Why so Many Subpar Results?
Changing Times in Ault, Colorado.
The Greatness of Mark Knopfler.
Zinc: An Underappreciated Element.
On Hegel: History as Cosmic Organism?
Kites From Around the World.
Basketball Recruitment in East Africa.
The Brilliance of the Duplass Brothers.
A Fresh Look at Force Pooling in Oklahoma.
President James K. Polk.
A History of Stained Glass.
What’s Your Favorite Soup?

Does the CW still exist? As long as it exists on the channel line up and doesn't prioritize truck racing over football, I'd prefer it to FSN 2, CBS SN, ESPN U. If they pay, who cares? We could be their biggest star.

Does the CW still exist? As long as it exists on the channel line up and doesn't prioritize truck racing over football, I'd prefer it to FSN 2, CBS SN, ESPN U. If they pay, who cares? We could be their biggest star.
Problem with CW is that let's say CU is playing at ASU. CWs nationwide are guaranteed to show it. Game could possibly be shown only in Denver and Phoenix.

Facelifts: Why so Many Subpar Results?

This amazes me, and I just think that stars cannot see themselves for who they really are.

Behind a paywall. However,
I was able to find it on Twitter for free.
In essence the MWC is playing hardball and wants lots of $$$ from SDSU.

Stupid
San Diego State likely has plenty of ground to stand on, especially if there is a hard date of June 30th involved.
They could write 100 letters and all that should matter is the very last letter that is officially received before the June 30th deadline.
Not a lawyer, just playing one for fun, but the Mountain West loses everything with San Diego State leaving, so not sure why this is going this route.

Back